Poll

What Conquest Map has the Best Gameplay?

Bardia
0 (0%)
Siege of Giarabub
2 (3.4%)
Invasion of Crete
1 (1.7%)
The Battle for Sfakia
1 (1.7%)
Sidi Rezegh
8 (13.8%)
Gazala
1 (1.7%)
Mersa Matruh
0 (0%)
El Alamein
2 (3.4%)
Mount Olympus
0 (0%)
Villers-Bocage
5 (8.6%)
Operation Luttich
3 (5.2%)
Operation Totalize
8 (13.8%)
Vossenack
2 (3.4%)
Eppeldorf
8 (13.8%)
Meuse River
3 (5.2%)
Arad
8 (13.8%)
Dukla Pass
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Best Conquest Map  (Read 5157 times)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
Re: Best Conquest Map
« Reply #15 on: 23-01-2018, 21:01:48 »

Whoever owns the 3 airfield flags causes the other team to bleed. So at the start, the British bleed and get a large amount of tanks + heavy tanks (Valentines, Matildas etc...)

If the British capture all 3 airfield flags at the same time, the Germans will bleed until they get all 3 back. The Germans also get more tanks (Pz4, more Pz3s etc...) if they're bleeding.

A nice and dynamic layout imo.

EDIT: Another nice thing to note I (I think) you get extra artillery spawns if you own the Blockhouse flag.

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining this to me!

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-01-2018, 22:01:08 »
That word 'balance'. Dukla and Arad will get tweaks because to 'balance' gameplay. Like Im playing PR or BF1. Im mean,thats why I like Sidi-hard struggle of Germans over arfield against invading Valentine and Matilda. Not balaced but realistic and some really awsome round I played over that airfield. Germans mostly manage to counterattack airfield. Its just players didnt found all tricks at playing this Eastern maps yet as they did Sidi all that years. :D

I tend to agree that balance isn't entirely necessary for entertaining gameplay. I like Supercharge and Pegasus pretty well even though I don't think I've ever seen the Brits win either of those maps in their current form. The key difference is that those maps always progress. The Brits almost always fail to take the last city flags on Supercharge, but the fight over the earlier flags is entertaining and they usually are able to capture the first few lines of flags, allowing you to fight in different areas of the map.

What's not fun is if it's so lop-sided that one team makes no progress, and the map devolves into a never ending fight over a single set of flags with basically no hope for the losing team.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23-01-2018, 22:01:22 »
I like Supercharge and Pegasus pretty well even though I don't think I've ever seen the Brits win either of those maps in their current form.
You should have been there on Pegasus last Sunday ;)

But seriously: agreed on what you posted, although lately I haven't seen a Brit team get past the first three flags.

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-01-2018, 00:01:03 »
The only reason I dislike Sidi is that the round lasts so long, same goes for CMP's Tulagi and Invasion of the Philippines.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-01-2018, 17:01:30 »
The only reason I dislike Sidi is that the round lasts so long, same goes for CMP's Tulagi and Invasion of the Philippines.

What's bad about a long match? The longer the match, the higher your score can be.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-01-2018, 18:01:05 »
Sometimes you get bored of the same setting. I usually like maps to last around 30-40min long

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24-01-2018, 20:01:33 »
Sidi lasts long because it plays a scenario with attack and counterattack and therefore both sides bleed if played out nicely.

Tulagi and Philippines have a very slow bleed and lots of chances of stalemate, both things which could be reworked in a future update.

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-01-2018, 01:01:35 »
Sidi lasts long because it plays a scenario with attack and counterattack and therefore both sides bleed if played out nicely.

Tulagi and Philippines have a very slow bleed and lots of chances of stalemate, both things which could be reworked in a future update.

Now when I think more of Sidi it's not just the time it takes to play out, but also the distances between flags feel very long.

Yes precisely, they're most of the time on a stalemate situation and even when the other team has bleed it's still way too slow. May be better in a campaign but in public play not so much.

What's bad about a long match? The longer the match, the higher your score can be.

It's bad if it's a map you dislike  ;)
« Last Edit: 25-01-2018, 01:01:41 by Mr.ThunderMan »