Author Topic: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder  (Read 457385 times)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder
« Reply #6885 on: 10-08-2017, 22:08:41 »
I am going to show you one of the new music "hits" in Bulgaria. It's performed by a 14-year old girl and the official video was deleted by YouTube because, as it appears the music for it was stolen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn1pE-6VhpM
The original music was written by the composer Bijan Khadem-Missag for a Bihaist pray making it in to a song. In case you didn't know (just like me) Bihaism is religion in the Middle East with 5-7 million of folowers. Anyways, I just want to ask-do you have such singers in your country?

We also have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyWKlzLvFGw
Published in 2015 when the singer was 16.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: 15-09-2017, 17:09:57 »
Main Characters of Shonen Animes

1980s-1990s anime
"looking for worthy opponents throughout the world"

"Muscle muscle muscle"

"manly faces"

"vengeances"

-words are already in English

1990s-2000s

"although I am weak, I will try my best to be strong"

"keep training"

"hard worker"

"some people said my anime is cancer"
"have a lot of friends"
"the closest friend is the main character's greatest competition"

2000s-2010s

"b boku wa.... demo... boku wa..." (I am... but... I am...)
"harem cocks"
"surrounded by moe girls in order to sell the anime, since the story sucks"
"2 of the moe girls are always be debated by the idiot fans"
"weak
until the 'god/hero/game developer/etc' suddenly gave overpowering ability"
"3-segmented hair"
"beta as fuck"
« Last Edit: 15-09-2017, 17:09:46 by Zoologic »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: 21-10-2017, 17:10:09 »
Is that a serious effort to make a movie? Or is it tongue-in-cheek?

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: 21-10-2017, 18:10:59 »
Is that a serious effort to make a movie? Or is it tongue-in-cheek?
It's kind of both...

Review of a WakaliWood film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtiVL6z8wE
My favorite part is between 14:20 - 15:10
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: 28-10-2017, 19:10:56 »
EA has pulled the plug on Battlefield Revive. This video i still relevant 11 years later.

https://youtu.be/vB6YieRzcxg

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: 28-10-2017, 23:10:00 »
Have you read there actuall mail, the sent the revive bf team? What the ea legal department actually only demands is to stop providing copies of the games, as well as stop using the logos on their website. Which is their right.

And the text was even written with in a fairly nice and funny form.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: 29-10-2017, 00:10:16 »
EA has pulled the plug on Battlefield Revive. This video i still relevant 11 years later.

https://youtu.be/vB6YieRzcxg

Holy shit I wasn't even aware they revived Battlefield Heroes! I guess that might have been the drop that spilled the glass... They got almost 175 000 sign ups for it!

I'm really sick of gamers being held hostage by these greedy Electronic Assholes type companies. I mean I paid for the bloody product, fair and square. They took my right to use it by killing the servers. The community fixed their shit and enabled people to use the product the people already paid for, not seeking any profit whatsoever, but instead providing a service on a volunteer basis. And they offered the files for the convenience of people (most of whom already paid for the bloody files at least once) because Electronic Assholes decided the cost of letting people download the shit they already paid for was too high for their profit margin.

I mean, I get it, 175 000 potentially lost customers could be a lot. But now they got 175 000 angry, disappointed and certainly lost customers. Because f*** logic.

EDIT: Apparently there are plans by a different community to attempt a relaunch with a setup that is more in line with EA's original ToS. Also there are speculations that the Cease and Desist notice was a scam setup by one of the Revive guys who ran off with the money received from donations and advertising. Not sure what to make of this all...
« Last Edit: 29-10-2017, 13:10:06 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: 29-10-2017, 02:10:00 »
I guess this happens to all games. I haven't played any other game for as long as BF2, but I imagine that games like Medal of Honor, Call of Duty etc.. all go through the same cycle of having their online services discontinued because it's no longer viable for the company to host a server for them; BF2 is unique in that it's basically ONLY a multiplayer game and it's mod-ability has kept it viable for people long after it's release.

FH should be fine despite all of this. All the devs and community have done is set up a server for our fans to play online with us. (afaik the login server is hosted by PR Devs tho?) hell one of the big reasons that we have so few players is because of how hard it is to find and install a valid copy of BF2.

PR is different because they're modifying their files so that you don't need BF2 to run it, yet they're still using BF2's intellectual property. So PR could be in the crosshairs for EA's legal staff should they choose to write to them. And that would also cause problems for FH IF the login server is hosted by the PR Team. (I think it is but idk)

But tbh, I don't think EA will come after the PR team in any way. PR is more popular than people think. Squad, Hell Let Loose, Post Scriptum are all games that have publicly acknowledged that PR helped them get to where they are. If DICE is any sort of game studio, they have a very good grasp on the FPS industry and have at least heard about PR.

I don't think it's a matter of PR trying not to be noticed by EA, but more that EA doesn't care what PR are doing. They consider it harmless and won't do anything.

The one thing I wish EA would do is just put these old games on Origin for people to buy and download.
 No need for them to provide technical support, no need to host a server for them. Just throw up a download link, make a disclaimer saying that "we no longer support this game etc..." and let people give you money for it.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea that making the old titles available to buy would cost that much for them to do.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: 29-10-2017, 09:10:47 »
This is the text EA Sent to the revive bf team.

Dear [REDACTED],

I write on behalf of Electronic Arts Inc. and its development studio DICE or, in other words, ‘those guys that make Battlefield’.

We’ve noticed that Revive Network has several projects and websites devoted to being a Medic by reviving older Battlefield games, including Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. It’s great to see your enthusiasm for these titles. Not to brag, but we too get the nostalgia chills when booting up these classic entries in the Battlefield franchise.

We need a favor though: we must ask that you stop throwing down Ammo Crates. In other, more legal-styled terms, please stop distributing copies of our game clients and using our trademarks, logos, and artwork on your sites. Thing is, your websites may easily mislead visitors to believe that you are associated or affiliated with EA and we’re the only ones that get to wear the Official EA dog tag. Since you’re Battlefield community members, we know that you are smart and helpful, and will respect that we must protect our intellectual property rights in the franchise.

Please drop us a line to let us know you’re on board with this. Should you have any questions regarding all this, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at [REDACTED]@ea.com.

Thanks,

[REDACTED]

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: 29-10-2017, 11:10:01 »
The only thing coming to my mind after reading all that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_yxUHDZTq0

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: 03-12-2017, 21:12:38 »
When dad is in charge of Elf on the Shelf

For whole collection: https://imgur.com/gallery/yjl3w

Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso