Author Topic: Violence in London  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Re: Violence in London
« Reply #60 on: 10-08-2011, 18:08:08 »
They are hardly destroying the whole country, but seeing as how the media thinks the world revolves around London I can forgive you for thinking it.

Actually, the riots are spreading throughout several of the major cities across the whole of England.

Offline DannyNickelov

• Freedom isn't freedom without fighting for it.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: 10-08-2011, 19:08:24 »
I heard on the Dutch radio that Scottish policemen or soldiers are coming to the north of England to defend... but i am not sure.

Biiviz

« Reply #62 on: 10-08-2011, 20:08:49 »
Parliment is considering arming the police with tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets and sending in the army as support according to a news show.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 10-08-2011, 20:08:11 »
Parliment is considering arming the police with tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets and sending in the army as support according to a news show.

Which begs the question of "why wasn't this considered 4 days ago."?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 10-08-2011, 20:08:04 »
Because going against them with full force right away isn't good. But i think many americans won't understand that.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #65 on: 10-08-2011, 20:08:24 »
Water cannons are a good idea I think.  Load them up with non-removable dye, spray people and then arrest them later if they get away.  Unfortunatly the only water cannons in the country are in NI, who probably don't feel like lending them.

I'm not entirely sure how effective tear gas is.  If you looked at pictures from the Athens riots, all the committed rioters had gasmasks.  It would be very much a one use weapon (though then you'd be able to spot the commited rioters by the masks).

Sending the army in is pretty much a last resort I think.  Pretty much political suicide even if it works.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10-08-2011, 20:08:44 »
Sending the army in is dictator's way.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #67 on: 10-08-2011, 21:08:21 »
I'm not entirely sure how effective tear gas is.  If you looked at pictures from the Athens riots, all the committed rioters had gasmasks.  It would be very much a one use weapon (though then you'd be able to spot the commited rioters by the masks).

Don't credit these rioters with the inteligence to wear gasmasks.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10-08-2011, 21:08:35 »
Yeh, most likely helps if you don't tell them beforehand.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10-08-2011, 21:08:42 »

Which begs the question of "why wasn't this considered 4 days ago."?
That isn't the proper use of the phrase "begging the question".  #trollin'

Offline stylie

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10-08-2011, 21:08:59 »
Because going against them with full force right away isn't good. But i think many americans won't understand that.

Soooooo... let your cities burn a little first? Let it all spread to other cities as is already happening? Then kick some ass? Im seeing hooliganism here no one is giving a shit about the man killed.
~ A stylie joint.

A forum that does not embrace a stylie is flawed.

Biiviz

« Reply #71 on: 10-08-2011, 21:08:08 »
What's the problem with going against a riot with full force? This isn't a peaceful demonstration - this is a riot; people are stealing, breaking and assaulting everything around them. Innocent people are getting hurt. The proper way to deal with the situation is by using force.

And what's "Americans won't understand that" supposed to mean? Europeans have some kind of hippie hive mind?

I say - stop the symptoms, then find the cause.

Offline stylie

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10-08-2011, 22:08:12 »
Lets acknowledge this too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14472567
~ A stylie joint.

A forum that does not embrace a stylie is flawed.

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-08-2011, 22:08:23 »
They are hardly destroying the whole country, but seeing as how the media thinks the world revolves around London I can forgive you for thinking it.

Actually, the riots are spreading throughout several of the major cities across the whole of England.

Really? ::)

Monday night I could have taken a ten minute walk and been involved in one of these "riots" that have spread across a few cities in England.

This riot consisted of a gang of kids in Northface and Berghaus clothing setting fire to wheelie bins and torching the odd car. This was supposedly the epicentre of the Liverpool riots, on Smithdown Road. The morning after I went to my friend's student house to help clean up the glass outside his place from all the broken bottles.

The way the news reported it you would have thought the city was being bombed. All the residents just cleaned up their area and got on with it. No biggy.

Areas of London may have been badly hit but the place is massive, it's hardly as though the entire city is ablaze.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10-08-2011, 23:08:20 »
Kind of reminds me of the internet, actually.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3