Author Topic: (American) Kit Revision  (Read 967 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
(American) Kit Revision
« on: 15-07-2011, 17:07:46 »
Okay, so as FH2's player models are of topmost quality, it kind of hurts to see them being rather plain as in not having enough equipment strapped on them (I'm talking mostly American kits here).

For example, I can think of only about two kit geometries having a canteen on the belt. Same goes for a shovel, it is used only in a couple of geometries, one of them being the tanker (or driver, not sure now) kit geometry, neither of them officially used on any map with any kit. Also a lot of stuff is missing and/or is used incorrectly - e.g. no Thompson/M3 Grease Gun magazine pouches AT ALL, which is something you notice rather heavily (and it looks twice as awkward to have en-bloc clip pouches for M1 Garand instead; and the Germans actually do have MP40 mag pouches.. mhmm GERMAN BIAS!), would be great to see BAR and M1 Carbine ammo pouches as well (the M1 one has even been modelled already, as it is on the actual gun itself - altho something is telling me you can't just take that part of the model and put it in another :/) with Colt mag pouches for NCO geometry.

Furthermore, it might be interesting to see frag/smoke grenades "hanging" on the soldier's chest. (I also wouldn't mind seeing more kits with goggles, for example Assault kit could have them :P).

Finally, given that we now actually have Airborne models coming with the Ardennes, it would make me really happy, if there were two sets of geometries (UW and UB), the latter one being obviously used for Paratroopers and having M1936 Musette bags exclusively (i.e. no 1928 Haversacks).

I guess it isn't going to happen, but I just had to put it out there since I believe it would make soldiers look much more believable/real. Please don't punch me ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: (American) Kit Revision
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2011, 13:07:02 »
I would rather have them work on Normandy Paratroopers i.e. German and American models, considering the fact that the US models appear in at least 2 maps (Ramelle and Purple heart lane), and the German model appear in 1 extra (PHL already mentioned, Crete) i.e 3, not to mention the former in maps like Ste Mere Eglise, if it ever got in.

I think in direct combat conditions though, McCloskey, alot of those kits would be discarded. But I may be wrong

Offline DannyNickelov

• Freedom isn't freedom without fighting for it.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: 05-08-2011, 10:08:33 »
+1

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #3 on: 05-08-2011, 11:08:23 »
+2

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-08-2011, 12:08:31 »
I would rather have them work on Normandy Paratroopers i.e. German and American models, considering the fact that the US models appear in at least 2 maps (Ramelle and Purple heart lane), and the German model appear in 1 extra (PHL already mentioned, Crete) i.e 3, not to mention the former in maps like Ste Mere Eglise, if it ever got in

German paratroopers are also on St Lo.