Author Topic: Shader problem!!!  (Read 3683 times)

Offline mastert

• Hungarian Front
    • View Profile
    • Hungarian Front
Shader problem!!!
« on: 03-01-2010, 17:01:14 »
Hy all!
I have again this shader problem.
2 weeks i reinstal the game but now again.
I try run in admin user in win xp but nothing
reinstal nvidia driver and directx but again nothing...
How can i fix it?

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Shader problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-2010, 17:01:38 »
help/support forum

besides...that's a helpful bug.

Offline achillez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-2010, 01:01:43 »
I have exactly the same problem. This seems to exist on both FH2 and Project REality. The game will work for awhile and then after restarting the game "several times" the shader problem will come up again. The only way to fix it is to reinstall (perhaps this copies over the shader files again). On the PR the problem happens almost immediately after 1 game restart, on FH2 it takes a few tries. Note that when I quite the game I often hit alt-f4. Does PR or FH2 have a clean-up routine that copies files back when BF2 exits via "quit" or alt-f4?

Note that this problem only exists in Windows 7 (the app is running w/ admin privileges). The problem didn't exist when I ran it on my WinXP OS.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-2010, 01:01:27 »
I get this only when I run the game in windowed mode.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-01-2010, 01:01:32 »
I have exactly the same problem. This seems to exist on both FH2 and Project REality. The game will work for awhile and then after restarting the game "several times" the shader problem will come up again. The only way to fix it is to reinstall (perhaps this copies over the shader files again). On the PR the problem happens almost immediately after 1 game restart, on FH2 it takes a few tries. Note that when I quite the game I often hit alt-f4. Does PR or FH2 have a clean-up routine that copies files back when BF2 exits via "quit" or alt-f4?

Because they use different shaders, FH2 and PR switch their own over and replace the vBF2 ones. If you Alt-f4, you maybe not letting the shaders switch back properly, but that's just a theory.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-01-2010, 06:01:35 »
And a correct theory at that...

FH2 uses custom shader effects (graphic effects) then BF2. Since a certain BF2 patch this required the FH2 mod to swap some shader files between the BF2 and FH2 directories. The BF2 shader file is switched out for a custom FH2 one when you launch FH2.exe (this is also why you should always start FH2 through FH2.exe and not via BF2.exe) and it's swapped back when you exit FH2 properly.The problem occurs when FH2 isn't launched or closed properly and can not swap the shader files, on the next launch of the game you will now be using incorrect shader/graphic effects which will give you the black & white iron sight effect.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-01-2010, 09:01:42 »
Maybe your shader problem can be fixed by renaming the 'shaders_client.zip.backup' file in battlefield2\mods\fh2 to 'shaders_client.zip' (see lower part of the screenshot), but before you do always make a backup of these 2 files in case something goes wrong.

After doing so go to ''my documents\battlefield 2\mods\fh2\cache'' (default directory) and remove all maps named '{D7B71EE2-D645-11CF-0E71-0FB5A1C2C535}_3153_1' or similar from this directory.

Start up FH2 with the FH2.exe shortcut on your desktop, adjust the game graphic settings to your liking and start up a local game to allow fh2/bf2 to reset and optimize it's shaders.

If everything goes as planned your set to go and enjoy FH2 once again without any texture problems. Good luck MasterT.  

Much appreciated Dukat for uploading this really helpfull picture.
« Last Edit: 04-01-2010, 09:01:42 by NL|Abaddon|NL »

Offline [ATF]Jimbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-01-2010, 17:01:32 »
I have the same problem, the sky fills in, etc, I've had it since 2.2 and at first it just seemed to be on one map but now since 2.25 a lot more maps have it. I run xp 32, can anyone help?

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #8 on: 28-01-2010, 00:01:17 »
Since installing FH2 on a new Win7 x64 setup I get this problem too. Transparent ground textures.

If I replace the mods/FH2 shaders_client.zip with the backup, then clear the shader cache and load a map it works. Once I exit FH2 and reload a map the bug is back though.

Has anybody found a permanent solution yet?
I'm using the RenDX9.dll hotfix for the alt-tab problem and a GTX260 using nvidia driver 195.62.

Offline mastert

• Hungarian Front
    • View Profile
    • Hungarian Front
« Reply #9 on: 28-01-2010, 11:01:52 »
Hy all!
I fix the problem whit nhacer. But i dont know its a bf2 problem or only in my pc come put that problem.
the weapons part are moving. Not much just a litlebit. But look like strange.
And other question: i have win7 instaled. But now i added again xp how posible to run fh2/bf2 in xp and in same win7?
(whitout instal in xp again :) )

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28-01-2010, 11:01:26 »
Hy all!
I fix the problem whit nhacer. But i dont know its a bf2 problem or only in my pc come put that problem.
the weapons part are moving. Not much just a litlebit. But look like strange.
And other question: i have win7 instaled. But now i added again xp how posible to run fh2/bf2 in xp and in same win7?
(whitout instal in xp again :) )

You need to install everything again in XP, unless you are willing to make every single entry in your windows XP registry. This takes longer then the install and most likely will lead to failures.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #11 on: 01-02-2010, 19:02:44 »
If anyone else is having this problem try adding the resolution commands to the FH2 shortcut.

"...FH2.exe" +szx 1920 +szy 1200 

Running FH2 like that I don't get the transparent textures anymore and everything else seems to work fine.