Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 237121 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1155 on: 29-09-2011, 14:09:35 »

Maybe for small games like RO2 it is about allowing people to get a pre-taste to see if to buy it or not.. that's not the case here.
Nope, the RO2 closed beta was for people who had already bought the game and the purpose was to get a larger test group to eliminate max number of bugs before the release. And they did fix a number of bugs.

BF3 open beta is a demo which is also being used as a stress test.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 29-09-2011, 14:09:56 »
Open beta has arrived, prepare to be invaded by EA Spyware  ::)

Caspian border is in the demo, without password, prepare to be teamkilled for jets  ;D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 29-09-2011, 14:09:42 »
Origin... What the hell EA? Did you REALLY have to fuck up every single thing about it?

No, I don't want my games to program files, I installed the software into my games partition, not my bloody windows partition.

Oh, I have to download the game and then install it? Some other software handles it differently but... wait.. you actually broke my installation!?

OK, let's verify the game cache and... hmm, I cant? I have to re-download the whole game?

At least I have a fast internet so... wait, did you seriously just freeze?

The Steam beta in 2003 was quite bad. I wish Origin would be at least on that level.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 29-09-2011, 15:09:54 »
Way to go EA, "You must be logged in as an administrator to continue." that pops up when I try to install the beta isn't really helping in convincing me to buy the game... Jesus fucking christ if you have to copy something, at least do it RIGHT.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 29-09-2011, 15:09:13 »
So I did some research and found out about this "Origin" thingy:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-battlefield-3/60145714

Apparently it scans your entire ProgramData folder, but at the moment it doesn't seem to relay any significant info to EA's servers.

However it's ability to scan stuff on your computer can be stopped by using the program called Sandboxie which allows you to run it in a secluded environment:

http://www.totalbantercommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=632&start=0
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 29-09-2011, 16:09:03 »
Has anyone found a Caspian Border server without password. I will NOT play anymore Operation Metrosexual..

This comforts me.

EA/DICE... seriously... this is lalalalaing awesome. THIS is what Battlefield is all about. I immediately felt and heard the intensity that a Battlefield game is supposed to have. Why are you lalalalaing around with Operation Metroll in this beta? You can blow your audience away with Caspian Border, which is a true Battlefield experience. I was very disappointed when playing Operation Metroll, but Caspian Border has made me a happy person again. If you really want to redeem yourself, I suggest you put up more Caspian Border servers, and open them up to the public. Well done. Now go, and do what you gotta do.

Edit: To those who aren't able to play Caspian Border, you will not be disappointed.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1431209-playing-caspian-border-right-now.html
« Last Edit: 29-09-2011, 17:09:33 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:56 »
Origin don't work for me. Have installed it but the store doesn't work. I get page load error
so I can't even download the game :(

Biiviz

« Reply #1162 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:39 »
Origin don't work for me. Have installed it but the store doesn't work. I get page load error
so I can't even download the game :(

I had some problems with it as well, but mucked about with it until I managed to get it working. I just don't know how I did it.

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:33 »
Now it seems like it's working. Guess the servers is running quite busy :P
I hope it works...

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:18 »
I love programs tellin you that you have to run them as an admin and they won't let you continue, while, in fact, I'm the ONLY admin. That is hilarious.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #1165 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:15 »
Origin... What the hell EA? Did you REALLY have to fuck up every single thing about it?

No, I don't want my games to program files, I installed the software into my games partition, not my bloody windows partition.

So is was there a way to get it not to install to my windows partition?  I had a couple cocktails when I installed Origin and just assumed I fucked up.  When I finally got the beta downloaded it gave me an error because it ate up all the room on my SSD.   >:(  I was able to shuffle some stuff around to squeeze the beta on there but for the full game I will be boned unless this is fixed.

I did try Caspian the other day for and for those wondering if it has that BF2 vanilla feel the answer is a big YES.  I hope they adopt the BF2 squad system of 6 guys and the ability to leave and join squads of your choosing in the final version.  4 man throw me in whatever fucking squad was fine for some loltastic Rush gameplay but for Caspian I thought it sucked and really missed the old system.   
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 29-09-2011, 17:09:55 »

So is was there a way to get it not to install to my windows partition? 
Yes, you can change it from the settings somewhere.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 29-09-2011, 18:09:54 »
Has anyone found a Caspian Border server without password. I will NOT play anymore Operation Metrosexual..

Afaik the password for CB servers should be ''videokilledtheradiostar'' now.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 29-09-2011, 18:09:24 »
Origin + that server browser: Literally worse than Hitler.

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 29-09-2011, 18:09:43 »
I hate this...
it's installed now, but this god damned server browser won't seem to work. It's been on "joining server" for ages.
Why couldn't they have created a normal server browser IN-GAME and not on the WEB