Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236611 times)

Offline KoOk13

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #705 on: 07-06-2011, 15:06:26 »
I'm quite excited about BF3. been a long time player of that franchise, way back starting with BF1942. The physics and graphics look stunning.
Put this in your dyslectic if you're signature

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 08-06-2011, 02:06:51 »
According to Planet Battlefield, there are bipod-equipped machineguns that can deploy on any surface.   Also there is a suppression system that reduces a target's effectiveness.  Very interesting!

Also, the assault class is the medic, and the support class is the MG/ammo guy.  So it is similiar to the Bf2142 4 class system in that regard.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 08-06-2011, 03:06:50 »
i just read they have 4 man squads, heal regen and tank regen. also, no mention on comand rose and SL spawning is not confirmed, some E3 employee said the spawning system is like the BC2 one, but the screen shown when someone died you could only see 2 spawn points.

also, invisible walls in a battlefield game?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRevhUTLp44#t=50s

so far, not liking what im seen ><

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 08-06-2011, 03:06:20 »
Wow.

And the way you die, like BC series. BF2 way to die was just perfect.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 08-06-2011, 04:06:27 »
Thats probably the one pang of disappointment ive felt so far. The HUD and some of the mechanics look very similar to BC2   :-\
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #710 on: 08-06-2011, 05:06:00 »
heal regen and tank regen.

Seriously? I'm getting sick and tired of these games putting training wheels on for the casual gamers.

When I get shot I want to worry about it. Not just hide behind a corner for 2 seconds and autoheal to 100%.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #711 on: 08-06-2011, 05:06:25 »
  Prey for hardcore!  Anytime I join my PSN buddies in a game of BFBC2 and find them playing kiddie mode I usually tell them off and send them a nasty PM.   ;D  WASTEING MY FUCKING TIME AGAIN BITCH!?!!?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #712 on: 08-06-2011, 05:06:17 »
I'm also getting tired of each new battlefield game having less content than its predecessor.

Battlefield 10 will probably take place in a 1 x 1 fightcube with only one class, the ubernator, that does everything, has 999 health, and heals 25% of it per second.

Oh, and it takes place in afiraqiranistania. Phun.

Sorry, I'm extra-belligerent today.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 08-06-2011, 05:06:27 »
I totally understand your point, regen is F*CKIING BAD! Wtf, in BC2 you had to get heal no? What were heal packs for? BF2 sequel my a**

And tank regen? wow.

Hello Red Orchestra 2
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 08-06-2011, 07:06:25 »
  Prey for hardcore!  Anytime I join my PSN buddies in a game of BFBC2 and find them playing kiddie mode I usually tell them off and send them a nasty PM.   ;D  WASTEING MY FUCKING TIME AGAIN BITCH!?!!?

haha you dick, I like kiddie mode, I do better and don't get as frustrated!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 08-06-2011, 08:06:36 »
Wow.

And the way you die, like BC series. BF2 way to die was just perfect.

yeah flying around like a fucking punched radgroll WOOHOO!!
If you have said the way of BF1942 then it would be fine by me too.

As for health and tank regeneration...Well the tank regeneration is bad, i was waiting eagerly for something like having to RTB to get repairs...Health regeneration , that is actually what i like.Because medics are not used right...But still for tournament/organized play this feature is a co-operation killed.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 08-06-2011, 09:06:17 »
Health regeneration!? And for tanks as well!?  ::)

I guess the fact that you can still heal teammates and repair vehicles means it must regenerate quite slowly (or healing/repairing is really fast), otherwise what's the bloody point?... :-\

Personally I don't like the sound of it, but you won't catch me judging a book by it's cover, and even if it turns out to be a bad thing, what's one con in the face of a tidal wave of pro's?... :)

Offline KoOk13

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 08-06-2011, 09:06:23 »
one word.. beta
Put this in your dyslectic if you're signature

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 08-06-2011, 10:06:37 »
one word.. beta
Isn´t it even a pre-Alpha?
Anyway, sofar it looks indeed more like BC2. I really hope they´ll improve more stuff and "get back to the roots" (=BF1942 style). I´m not too happy wih that "Modern Warfare" scenario and if they´ll turn this game into another random "WW3" shooter I won´t buy it...atleast RO2 will be released, soon.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 08-06-2011, 11:06:45 »
Too much of a BC2 influence. With 64 players on PC a 4 player squad is way too small. Don't get me started on the MP footage. Tunnelcombat right...
"The wolves will come again."