Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 237577 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #465 on: 17-03-2011, 03:03:53 »
I recall I was once alone in a Grant in Mersa Matruh and a German was trying to place a mine underneath my tank. Every time I managed to escape (didn't have enough time to actually man the upper cannon and was out of HE for main gun). But he kept running towards me and shouting "Warten Sie mich!" :)
I laughed my ass off.
And I agree, some vanilla animations were just awesome. Like the medic shaking his Medpack to hear what's inside. Or the knife animation "come to papa". Or the sniper's finger getting stuck in the little ring handing on the Barett.

Yes exactly this kind of thing with the grant hahaha. Or a thing on Brest, a guy look me, and say "Roger that!" then he sprints like hell in the middle of the street running at the PZIV and start jumping around the gun, everybody in the squad laughed hahahaa
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 17-03-2011, 07:03:57 »
It lacks the Battlefield feeling, because old BFs didn't have real single player. Old BF fans consider single player as "CoD"

yea, but you hear how silly it sounds if DICE would use that as an argument for not making a singleplayer to their games right? That a bunch of old players consider single player to be "cod"...  ::)
This is the new battlefield. Old players dont know anything about this game, so they will need to change their old dogmas and accept the fact that the old game they used to play in 2002-2005 has been updated.  8)

There is something like seven months from now untill release BF3. To build up the tension they are slowly releasing trailers and teasers.
You begin with the small stuff. Single player showing the possibilities of the engine.
And you end with a big multi orgasm demo of total combined multiplayer warfare as we would like to see it.

Haven't you guys and girls heard of foreplay  ;)

EXACTLY^  :)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 17-03-2011, 11:03:36 »
and now we have games that lower the threshold  aka dumbed down ^^

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 17-03-2011, 20:03:51 »
what "threshold"?

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 17-03-2011, 22:03:24 »
IDK, ask DICE, they said that in an interview.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 18-03-2011, 00:03:15 »
The market isn't diversified enough, IMHO. We have games 6+, 12+, 14+, 16+ and 18+. They concentrated on the young ones, while they now deal the elders who had no expirience at all. But where are the games for people aged 20 and above that are actually expirienced? Good games are rare in this segment.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 18-03-2011, 19:03:55 »
Concerning FPS i totally agree
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 19-03-2011, 20:03:43 »
*Possible Spoiler Alert*

Did anyone notice at the end of Fault Line Pt. 2 that he was tossed the AT-4? Anyone think that means we'll see that feature in multiplayer? Need a patch? Grenade? hell, AT-4? just toss it to your buddy.
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 19-03-2011, 20:03:42 »
^ Scripted singleplayer

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 19-03-2011, 20:03:16 »
well maybe it opens the doors for modding to be done with that.

so let me get this straight... I can blow up a building... but I can't hand you my knife? lol
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 19-03-2011, 20:03:55 »
You obviously dont know alot about gamedevelopment..

same as i can fly a multimillion helicopter with 0 hours training but i cant crawl under this tree ( Bad company 2 referance )

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 19-03-2011, 23:03:24 »
You obviously dont know alot about gamedevelopment..

same as i can fly a multimillion helicopter with 0 hours training but i cant crawl under this tree ( Bad company 2 reference )

no your right, how the hell would I? all I know is that it seems out of scale that you can blow up a building but you can't hand someone something. all i know is that other games have these features so it's not like were hitting a real wall in physical demand on the cpu like you get with things like huge destructible graphics and 128-256 player servers. it's only code.

in the single-player trailer the main thing that gives it away is the animation in his direction. for multi-player the animation could not exist and things could simply drop like PR already has, or just appear in your inventory, like a give feature found in resident evil.
« Last Edit: 20-03-2011, 00:03:01 by Vicious »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 20-03-2011, 10:03:49 »

it's only code.

nope, it's design. If the designer dont want you to be able to hand someone a knife, you wont be able to do that. But if he wants you to be able to blow a hole in a wall, you will be able to do that.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #478 on: 20-03-2011, 15:03:47 »
Battlefield 1942 was a very innovative game, outside the market. BF2 kept a bit of its style, a game without singleplayer and full warfare battle scale. However BF3 introduces many of the market trends. Doesn't mean it's bad at all, but it's not anymore the market leader in developing new concepts. It's BF2 adding new cinematic features.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 20-03-2011, 16:03:28 »
BF2 had a fair few innovations as well like squad play, unlockable equipment, a battlefield commander and persistent stats.
"The wolves will come again."