Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236711 times)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #60 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:05 »
Destructible environments have to be the most overrate gameplay elements ever.

Not if done properly, which no game has to this point afaik. We'll probably not see well made destructable enviroments for a good time into the future.
There have been games where it has implemented well, just not any FPSs. For instance the destructible environments in CoH create some interesting situations gameplay wise and don't seem too unrealistic up until tanks come along and crush everything on the entire map.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #61 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:21 »
Maybe some allies for USA (it surely will be in). British, Israel?
Well someone had a link to a "leaked info" page. Not sure if it was true or not but it mentioned NATO as one of the factions.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #62 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:12 »
There's also this old rumour that was met with the usual "no comments" from EA & DICE that would suggest modern setting for BF3.
ahh here it it, sorry for double post(hint click :this:)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #63 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:29 »
I bet it´s made to work on consoles, so the player number will be low and I´m quite sure they go for some no-so-far-future theme with pimped up guns and stuff like in Host Recon Advanced Warfighter. A "Cold War gone hot"-scenario with 128 players would be awesome, but we´re talking about EA....

Let us not throw all consoles under the bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHML9SpH8NY

256 players online.  You may not see it on shit systems like the WII or 360 but it can be done.  There is hope!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:40 »
BF3 is for consoles, it's a single player orientated pile of stinking shit, the frostbite engine still does not work on 90% of PCs, it will be another 3-4 years before the average hardware of the PC owner can run the destructble environment that BF1943 offers, then another 8-10 years before the average internet connection can support that environment in multiplayer modes.  Even then, without proper testing who knows what "every noob scrambling for a plane and throwing everything they have at the hillside to destroy every tree in the first 30 seconds of gaming" will do.

Did you just wake up from a bad dream or something? what are you even talking about, please stop  ;D

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #65 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:53 »
heres the offical soundtrack revamp from EA, "I'm totally totally serial"

YES YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjgKLRg5p4
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #66 on: 11-06-2009, 18:06:14 »
Hmm.  The phrase "whoop-ti-do" comes to mind.  Maybe I'll buy this, probably I won't.  Of course you can all speculate about features you want, and you can all retort things with the old one liner "its EA we're talking about here", but really there is no point in coming to a decision untill atleast some concrete info is released.

So when the features are announced and a trailer video is out, can someone call be and ask me for my opinion please.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11-06-2009, 21:06:07 »
Have you guys not heard about the BFKorea mod? :P

http://bf-korea.de/

That mod is dead  :'(

Not true...... :'(

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11-06-2009, 21:06:21 »
Have you guys not heard about the BFKorea mod? :P

http://bf-korea.de/

That mod is dead  :'(

Not true...... :'(

To put it forward, I'm the most active BFK dev - and I'm not even doing any work for BFK anymore.

Maybe the Summertime will bring new light  :P.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11-06-2009, 21:06:29 »
Well I can only hope so Apple, but who knows? ::)

Okay back to topic. Yes I would love to see a cold war Battlefield but I don't see it happening anytime soon.I can hope that 1943 can be modded SOMEHOW but with no proper mod tools or SDK I have no idea how ppl would go about modding 43......or BC2 for that matter. :(

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11-06-2009, 22:06:50 »

Okay back to topic. Yes I would love to see a cold war Battlefield but I don't see it happening anytime soon.I can hope that 1943 can be modded SOMEHOW but with no proper mod tools or SDK I have no idea how ppl would go about modding 43......or BC2 for that matter. :(

Just because a game has no mod tools or SDK doesnt mean it will not be modded. Experts in the modding community have been making their own tools for decades. Just look at Editor 42, or RFA Extractor, both are 3rd Party tools made by modders for bf1942.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11-06-2009, 23:06:09 »

Just because a game has no mod tools or SDK doesnt mean it will not be modded. Experts in the modding community have been making their own tools for decades. Just look at Editor 42, or RFA Extractor, both are 3rd Party tools made by modders for bf1942.

Actually all the tools are 3rd party in a way. They were all first developed independantly, then EA hired Rexman and the battlecraft guy so they could stick their logo on it. Dice used a completely different set of tools to make BF42. So it stands true that Dice never intended for BF42 to be modded, and the community alone made it possible. So even if BF3 doesn't come with mod tools, it could still be modded. May just take some more time. On the other hand, I don't see why Dice wouldn't release the exporter and editor for frostbyte, they'd loose nothing.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 12-06-2009, 03:06:03 »
Well that's all true and valid points you made Kev. I will only get BF43 if modders can add more maps and give it more realism. I t would be kool if someone made a mod like their was for bfvietnam where all the maps/weapons/models were converted to the newer game engine and you even got a flamethrower kit. That would be friken epic guys.  8)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 12-06-2009, 04:06:52 »
Destructible environments have to be the most overrate gameplay elements ever.

imagine FH2's environment being destructable, a few commander arty call = a town wiped out. Who would need to fight over those towns in supercharge?

my imagination is to have super-big and super detailed maps if things really become destructable, and a totally revised spawn system and fighting concept. Well i guess that isn't easy, if not impossible...wait till 2050 !

azreal

« Reply #74 on: 12-06-2009, 04:06:46 »
For example not having to reboot editor every time you want to reload an animation.

You don't have to Kev. Just hit the "populate animation tree" button. Then go find your animation, and play it. Go back to max, do some tweaks, re-export it, then go back into editor. Choose like the animation directly above your edited one, then select your edited animation and walah! It should have updated.