Author Topic: Deepwater Horizon  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Deepwater Horizon
« on: 13-05-2010, 15:05:13 »
It spills oil, and oil and even more oil. And still 50% of U.S. citizens support deep sea offshore drilling. Wait until the oil reaches the coast and ruins it all.

Until then, time for some fun:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/04/transocean-deepwater-hori_n_563042.html

Drill, baby, drill!

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Deepwater Horizon
« Reply #2 on: 14-05-2010, 14:05:01 »
This may be bad, but just take a look at the Canadian Oil Sand production, that makes this spill look like a silly little oil bottle being tipped over in the gulf.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #3 on: 14-05-2010, 15:05:09 »
It spills oil, and oil and even more oil. And still 50% of U.S. citizens support deep sea offshore drilling. Wait until the oil reaches the coast and ruins it all. Until then, time for some fun: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/04/transocean-deepwater-hori_n_563042.html Drill, baby, drill!

Shit I never knew 11 peeps died on board.  Sometimes, just sometimes, small moments of tradgedy break through the lolz wall I have set up and really make me stop and feel genuinly sorry for those people and the sense of loos they must leave behind for their familes.

omfg Winnie from the Wonder Years strips for Maxim Friggin love the Huffigton post.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-05-2010, 15:05:10 »
So, the people want oil, but it can't come from there own sources because it might pollute their lands, but they also don't want to be dependant for it from other country's.

Sooooo... what would you do??

instead of a whole rant about it including the consumers, producers fault in this i will just say that i feel sorry for the wildlife that just wants to live and reproduce and now is in some toxic wasteland trying to hold on for dear life with no hope for improvements for many months to come and a recovery period that very easily could take over 50 years. And this while people complain that this made the gas prices go up a bit. Way to set priority's ::)

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #5 on: 14-05-2010, 15:05:48 »
No, the oilsands is no where near as bad as this oil spill. Ive been to them cause i live here, they overstate the problem.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-05-2010, 17:05:39 »
No, the oilsands is no where near as bad as this oil spill. Ive been to them cause i live here, they overstate the problem.

Iirc the problem isn't obvious at first, but the contaminated waste in the oil sands tailing ponds, which are open to the environment and are leaking, is what makes the thing so bad.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-05-2010, 18:05:34 »
TBH, This 'incident' wasn't an accident. I think it was done intentionally. This was done so people would not want more off shore drillings, then oil companies will not have to do more off-shore drillings and they can keep the oil prices way overpriced? There is more to it than reported by the MSM. It's a fishy circumstance.
« Last Edit: 14-05-2010, 22:05:57 by Oddball »

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-05-2010, 18:05:35 »
It spills oil, and oil and even more oil. And still 50% of U.S. citizens support deep sea offshore drilling. Wait until the oil reaches the coast and ruins it all.

Until then, time for some fun:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/04/transocean-deepwater-hori_n_563042.html

Drill, baby, drill!

That's because Americans are not well educated.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-05-2010, 19:05:54 »
Oh well. Even the best education cannot cover all the damage one might receive from other parameters.

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-05-2010, 20:05:08 »
TBH, This 'incident' wasn't an accident. I think it was done intentionally. This was oil companies and more will not have to do more off-shore drillings and they can keep the oil prices way overpriced? There is more to it than reported by the MSM. It's a fishy circumstance.

well, that would require a free marked,   but....    thanks to Opec the price of oil is not linked to the system of offer and demand ,    so ,     no I highly doubt that that was done intentionally to keep the price high
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #11 on: 14-05-2010, 21:05:54 »

Iirc the problem isn't obvious at first, but the contaminated waste in the oil sands tailing ponds, which are open to the environment and are leaking, is what makes the thing so bad.
Yes but it is 100X easier to clean up these things on land (especially this terrain) then in water. Also there tailing ponds can be reclaimed. There is a 100 hectare Oilsands site that is not a forest park with trails.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-05-2010, 22:05:20 »
TBH, This 'incident' wasn't an accident. I think it was done intentionally. This was oil companies and more will not have to do more off-shore drillings and they can keep the oil prices way overpriced? There is more to it than reported by the MSM. It's a fishy circumstance.

well, that would require a free marked,   but....    thanks to Opec the price of oil is not linked to the system of offer and demand ,    so ,     no I highly doubt that that was done intentionally to keep the price high
The United States is a free market...and the owners of this company are? besides, that's probably do mainly national selling, instead on international.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-05-2010, 01:05:35 »
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/politics-of-oil-spills.html

Under WTF?,

28% of Republicans said the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico made them more likely to support drilling off the coast to an equal 28% who said it made them less likely to be supportive.

To quote a comment on a blog that I follow,

Oh my Dear and Fluffy Lord, they've actually devolving to the level of Captain Planet villains.

Also, Oddball, when you are at the point where industrial accidents appear most likely to be sabotage intended to cause a massive witchhunt/ public scare and do not seem at all related to the gross negligence and shirking of the regulations by BP, then you may officially consider yourself a conspiracy theorist. Is the mine disaster also the result of sabotage by liberals seeking to influence public opinion, and who then moved on to the oil rig once they realized that people don't care too much if it doesn't affect them>
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-05-2010, 02:05:39 »
Not necessarily, I don't find a conspiracy in everything. Just there are things where it is plausible, and the evidence is sometimes to great to ignore. You got to look past the simple picture that is just "being feed" to you if you want to find any truth at all. Research and solve the problem yourself, get the answers. There is nothing wrong with contiplating conspiracy theories....