Author Topic: Different Main Rifle for American AT Kit on Coop  (Read 1208 times)

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
Different Main Rifle for American AT Kit on Coop
« on: 20-10-2016, 03:10:28 »
So, as the title suggests, I'm suggesting switching out the ol' shotgun for something different. It's not that I dislike it, it's a blast to use, but I feel like a rifle would be better suited for this roll. Now, I know this is only a feature in coop/singleplayer, but as I don't have very stellar internet I tend to stick with offline play a lot of the time. While having some fun hunting tanks on Sidi Bou Zid last night, I found myself having a serious dilemma when I encountered an enemy on foot at longer distances......well anything more than one building to the next. While it's fun to have it in the game a bit more, I really think an M1 Carbine or Springfield M1903 would be a better fit for the kit. In fact, I as long as we're not being entirely realistic, I wouldn't mind having the M1903 on the kit even into the late war maps, as it's one rifle I hardly get the chance to use.

But, I have a feeling I'm one of the few people who plays offline and one of the fewer who wants this change. Is there any way I can do this myself? Or, is there anyone who also doesn't like that weapon being in the kit?

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
Re: Different Main Rifle for American AT Kit on Coop
« Reply #1 on: 20-10-2016, 11:10:16 »
But, I have a feeling I'm one of the few people who plays offline and one of the fewer who wants this change. Is there any way I can do this myself? Or, is there anyone who also doesn't like that weapon being in the kit?

Im one of those people too and i agree with you the springfield would be nicer to have.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-10-2016, 20:10:57 »
I like to play coop and singleplayer too, the M1 carbine would be more suiting for the anti tank kit.

There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-10-2016, 09:10:44 »
Guys, the Winchester in the bazooka kits in SP/Coop was introduced as a fix to bots sucking with the Colts. The Winchester was chosen as a replacement because of 1) its relatively short range, 2) its coolness, and 3) its rareness (in MP it's present only on a few maps as a few pickup kits). After the pistols were more or less fixed, the Winchester was still left on some maps, primarily because of point 2). I do can replace it with the M1 carbine or the Springfield, but I'm afraid it will make the bazooka kits overpowered. For example, bots with Winchesters on Ramelle proved to be so stubborn in defense that I chose to revert the bazooka kit to the Colt. This could be even worse with the semi-auto and longer-ranged M1 carbine.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-10-2016, 17:10:23 »
Guys, the Winchester in the bazooka kits in SP/Coop was introduced as a fix to bots sucking with the Colts. The Winchester was chosen as a replacement because of 1) its relatively short range, 2) its coolness, and 3) its rareness (in MP it's present only on a few maps as a few pickup kits). After the pistols were more or less fixed, the Winchester was still left on some maps, primarily because of point 2). I do can replace it with the M1 carbine or the Springfield, but I'm afraid it will make the bazooka kits overpowered. For example, bots with Winchesters on Ramelle proved to be so stubborn in defense that I chose to revert the bazooka kit to the Colt. This could be even worse with the semi-auto and longer-ranged M1 carbine.

Well that may be so but the bots are rather deadly with the shotgun. They fire it as if its semi automatic rifle and spray lots of shrapnel at you and damn its range isnt as short as you think. But its a nice challenge of its own

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-10-2016, 17:10:44 »
As the guy who coded/tweaked the Winchester AI, I know that its max. range is exactly 50m for bots :) This still is significantly less than that of the Springfield (250m) or the M1 carbine (200m).
So the Winchester at least is not effective at medium to long ranges. IMO, the bazooka + semi-auto M1 carbine would be an overpowered all-purpose kit. It probably would not be so overpowered with the Springfield, but TBH, I do not like the rifle that much to throw out the Winchester for it.

BTW, why you, guys, do not ask for the same treatment for the British PIAT kits? ;)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-10-2016, 19:10:01 »
If you want to get the M1903 or M1 carbine in bazooka kits, edit aifixes.con in mods/fh2/aifixes_server.zip, in lines 36-39 ("run kit_weapon.inc...") replace "winchester" with "M1903a1" or "m1carbine" (or "m1a1carbine") respectively. Note that this won't change the bazooka kits which still have the Colt in SP/Coop, to change those messing with individual map files is required.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-10-2016, 19:10:01 »
Just add some pick up kits consisting of a rifle, problem solved.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-10-2016, 19:10:39 »
yeah, and "just" edit every single map to do so, you mean? sounds easy indeed  ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-10-2016, 20:10:52 »
Make your own minimod of custom stuff and then just add a clientarchives con and serverarchives con to each map you want to change.  Then just edit the gameplayobjects con in the coop folder.   It's pretty simple.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-10-2016, 17:10:56 »
Yeah, it's pretty simple, just needs to be done 40-something times, and then repeated from scratch every time an official FH2 update is released :)