Author Topic: Make it possible to shoot when bayonet fixed  (Read 3013 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Make it possible to shoot when bayonet fixed
« Reply #15 on: 08-02-2011, 12:02:56 »
yer, that's a different system

i actually suggested something similar, weapon switching with fixed ordering i.e to say, you can quickly switch from bayonets on to byonets on with firing, and back again sans animation, different from firing without byonet which was more accurate, but its too complex a system for the little illusion AND it lends itself to exploits i.e. switching to firing with bayonet on in a second, since that would have no animation.....

Currently this exists in PR (switching from LMG hipfired to LMG prone-fired - The latter lacks animation)

I think the solution, if THERE IS one, is looking at how the projectile itself can be used to make it work a la thee idea of alternate fire.

A handheld knife should have lower punch than a byonet imo. so while bayonets use rifle ammo in stab-range, kinfes can use a lower calibre round, something like an STG44 round, say. And maybe an alternate slash attack which firess differently.

But tbh, I don't care much for the current melee damage. Now its use is fun only, not practical - Unless you get the person by surprise.

azreal

« Reply #16 on: 08-02-2011, 13:02:46 »
I don't know why we are still discussing this but...if you use the right click to fire projectiles, then you loose the ability completely to zoom in. You wouldn't want that would you?

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08-02-2011, 13:02:30 »
... like FHSW ? Yes, that would be cool on a different slot, but it can't be done right ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08-02-2011, 13:02:55 »
Actually, it was like that in BF42. its a different weapon from usual rifle, mark.

Its weapon 1, so its fine to fire and use bayonet without zoom.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #19 on: 08-02-2011, 16:02:59 »
I don't know why we are still discussing this but...if you use the right click to fire projectiles, then you loose the ability completely to zoom in. You wouldn't want that would you?
What Djinn said above, and what I said on the previous page: weapon slot 1 is no-zoom shot on left-click, and bayonet with the right click, and weapon slot 2 (or 3, whatever the convention is) is no-zoom shot on left-click, and zoom on the right-click.

The fact that you can zoom from the same weapon slot and then fire it again with left-click shows me, that those are separate things, and I see no reason we could not map something different to the right-click in slot one. Unless, like Von Mudra said, it really is that much hard-coded and impossible to re-code.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #20 on: 08-02-2011, 16:02:39 »
Even if you could change the timetolive for a projectile depending on which button was used to fire it - you would still have to deal with the effects, sounds, and the fact that each stab would use up one rifle bullet.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08-02-2011, 17:02:10 »
Wa-wa-Waah

That idea is scrapped

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #22 on: 08-02-2011, 20:02:47 »
Put a material on the bayonet blade that is deadly so that you just charge into them to make them dead.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08-02-2011, 20:02:26 »
Put a material on the bayonet blade that is deadly so that you just charge into them to make them dead.
Aha! ...and we become even moar desparate! No, but seriously is this possible? Like physically add more deadly barbed wire effects to the bayonet?

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08-02-2011, 21:02:50 »
I sense a lot of teamkills with this idea:

"Wtf? why did you tk me?"
"Sorry, but you pumped into my bayonet when you spawned..."

:P
« Last Edit: 08-02-2011, 21:02:10 by Kradovech »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08-02-2011, 21:02:47 »
Naw.. Besides, I've seen alot of combat footage and I was in the cadet and we marched with bayonet on although I dreaded it - We are trained to, and more so soldiers, charge in formation without impaling the next person. This wont be so with the barbed-wire idea

Still that does make both work, doesn't it? bayonet with barbed wire covering that fires bullets AND can be used in ironsights - sweet!

I know of something that makes bots somehow ammune to friendly AT and AP mines in COOP. You can TK them with rifle rounds, but they can drive over your mines without blowing up. I think it wasn't so in 2.0. Maybe there might be a solution in that for bayonet barbed-wire meshes. you just can't TK with bayonets anymore is all.

« Last Edit: 08-02-2011, 21:02:08 by djinn »

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #26 on: 09-02-2011, 00:02:12 »
They don't have bayonets in modern war. Well they do but not whole knives/machetes like they used to have in World Wars.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09-02-2011, 00:02:38 »
I sense a lot of teamkills with this idea:

"Wtf? why did you tk me?"
"Sorry, but you pumped into my bayonet when you spawned..."

:P

Shit sorry man, but you just teamkilled yourself with my Bayonet D: