Author Topic: Company of Heroes Online  (Read 4772 times)

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
Re: Company of Heroes Online
« Reply #45 on: 02-02-2011, 18:02:03 »
I still can't believe it. They're really sending us back to vanilla CoH. Even though there are no 4vs4 automatches, though nobody plays ranked games at all and though it is impossible to rate your own skill properly when joining a custom server.

We'll see what comes next, ehh?

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/company_of_heroes/news/company_of_heroes_2_announcement_coming_soon.html

That article was dated 2007!

The only good thing going forward is we are getting a new retail COH patch.  I hope they continue to do something with COH.  

COH Online was an imbalanced mess.  There were so many item upgrades and heroes that were ridiculous.  It really broke the original game dynamics.  For example the MG42 was originally just a suppression/crowd control mechanism, but the upgrades in COH Online buffed MG42 damage into lethal showstoppers which gave an unprecedented early game advantage to Wehrmacht.  This was in addition to the superior Volksgrenadier buff upgrades, which further made early-game tier 1 very strong.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #46 on: 02-02-2011, 21:02:02 »
What the fuk? What am I supposed to play now? Where is an online multiplayer strategy game that has WW2 in it? And is Free?

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #47 on: 02-02-2011, 21:02:55 »
What it was 5 dollars what they charge for gold ed coh from coho players, not bad deal
CMP Gaming

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03-02-2011, 02:02:17 »

That article was dated 2007!

The only good thing going forward is we are getting a new retail COH patch.  I hope they continue to do something with COH.  

COH Online was an imbalanced mess.  There were so many item upgrades and heroes that were ridiculous.  It really broke the original game dynamics.  For example the MG42 was originally just a suppression/crowd control mechanism, but the upgrades in COH Online buffed MG42 damage into lethal showstoppers which gave an unprecedented early game advantage to Wehrmacht.  This was in addition to the superior Volksgrenadier buff upgrades, which further made early-game tier 1 very strong.

Ooops about the article. I was refering to a german article but that would have been of little use for u folks. So I googled an english equivalent. Sorry about that.

Sure CoHO was imbalanced. Still I had my fun. And a 4vs4 within 1 minute. I admit I was very sceptical at the beginning, just like you. Still I kept trying. Now I'll miss it. And without a major fix for vanilla CoH it will feel like somebody would have shutdown FH1 for you to return to vanilla BF1942. Pretty impossible. But I experienced that many who abstained from CoHO for a matter of principle do not understand this. Be it so.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom