Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236820 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #210 on: 07-02-2011, 00:02:19 »
15 months old thread?

Yeah i know, but they said "Currently our work with simplifying the tools are for Frostbite 2 and future games, not for BC2." And BF3 is Frostbite 2.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 07-02-2011, 05:02:29 »
Mod Tools

Looks like DICE finally heard people calling for Mod Tools, and they would work on them after release.

I dont give a shit when they'll be released, a year or  two, but give us modtoolz!

I will gladly pay for them, its best than those stupid dlc's scams.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 07-02-2011, 05:02:00 »
If its a Scam, then why millions of people play these DLCs?

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 07-02-2011, 07:02:27 »
If its a Scam, then why millions of people play these DLCs?

People are stupid.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #214 on: 07-02-2011, 08:02:34 »
I have yet to pay my first DLC that will actually be a game (BC:Vietnam). If it's a DLC then it's content for the game OF the game. So that is what you get when you buy the game. I'm not paying for more stuff for my original game.

Just like it's stupid to pay monthly fees to play an online game.

Offline silian

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 07-02-2011, 12:02:28 »
Spotting confirmed.
Dolphin diving out.
Friendly fire in.
Tehran-set map/s confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-07-dice-battlefield-3-has-3d-spotting

Paris and New York rumoured.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 07-02-2011, 12:02:46 »
Let's say for the sake of argument mod tools are there 2 months after release of the game.
What would you rather have BotB and Eastern Front within the time limits of one year on FH2 or the DEVS start anew with Africa being the first theather to be released in FH3?

I know my choice would be to enjoy FH2 with all it's diversity. Play a little BF3 once in a while and over a few years, who knows, there might be mod tools, they might be easy enough to use without having to revert to Cloud server leasing at Amazon  ;)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 07-02-2011, 12:02:47 »
Spotting confirmed.
Dolphin diving out.
Friendly fire in.
Tehran-set map/s confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-07-dice-battlefield-3-has-3d-spotting

Paris and New York rumoured.

Yay! Friendly Fire! \o/
Now seriously, why do they announce such a thing? Is it something special nowadays to have friendly fire in the game?

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 07-02-2011, 13:02:30 »
One could ask himself why they release stuff anyway :o
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 07-02-2011, 14:02:39 »
Let's say for the sake of argument mod tools are there 2 months after release of the game.
What would you rather have BotB and Eastern Front within the time limits of one year on FH2 or the DEVS start anew with Africa being the first theather to be released in FH3?

I know my choice would be to enjoy FH2 with all it's diversity. Play a little BF3 once in a while and over a few years, who knows, there might be mod tools, they might be easy enough to use without having to revert to Cloud server leasing at Amazon  ;)

hmmm... i would love to see Fh3, so yea, and i think at one point of the devs realized that it was a mistake going all out with maps and everything that the best thing to do to start would be weapons player models and vehicles on maps they already have from the base game to hasten releases... but you do pose a good question. but at the same time i think Fh would be superb ( even though it is now) on the FB. imo.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 07-02-2011, 14:02:43 »
Mod tools? Holy third-party physics engine, brix were shat. However, what you can do with them, and how complicated they will be is another question.

If there's a "hardcore" mode and dedicated servers, I might even be slightly interested.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 07-02-2011, 14:02:56 »
For the friendly fire, it's just an option like in BF2. You can have it or not on your server or in other modes.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 07-02-2011, 14:02:28 »
what i think would be a big plus with BF3.. IF mod tools came out and FH moved to it,  i think the crowd here would grow immensely... this would also open up to other people who can mod, if you have a bigger player base there would be more people interested in helping create a mod and if they god talent then BAM.. you got your self a revived mod.  

honestly just looking at BC and what BF3 will have like destructible environment, or the fact that when you hit tanks shit flies off of them leaves me to think well for one vehicle combat might be able to be changed with .. maybe even tracks flying off or the gun being destroyed etc.. the audio god i love the audio i crank my surround sound up when i play when your driving up hill the tanks engines know that you are going up a hill and drop the gear down thus the RPM gets higher and the engine is hella louder.. god i woudl love to hear how a tiger is going up a hill with this engine or even a sherman for that matter.  the start up sounds of vehicles sounds fabulous.. just sounds in general are awesome.. the special effects like when you fire a M1 abrams the dust comes off the tank or the effect of it.

graphics are vastly improved.   there is no hiding behind cover any more and no not every noob shoots and destroys everything even a noob knows that his allies need cover to run too.. well yea if theres a panzershrek hiding behind that wall im going to blast it before he blasts me..

might i add something else to this.. the pacific would be awesome.. if you have the NCO kit as an idea or perhaps an officer pick up kit..  in BC theres a stupid bullshit function of calling mortars down if your a sniper.. its rtarded and broken, but if you have it severely limited i think it would be cool.. and on pacific maps and island hoping you could get away with this and call it artillery support from the cruisers and battleships off shore..
« Last Edit: 07-02-2011, 14:02:59 by Neighbor Kid »
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 07-02-2011, 17:02:57 »
It would take like 2-3 years before FH3 would come out if they moved to BF3...

IMO if FH ever moved to BF3 (though will probably never happen) they should do it bit by bit so it wouldn't take so long.

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 07-02-2011, 18:02:57 »

FH3, because i love Africa  ;D