Author Topic: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)  (Read 17650 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: 30-07-2014, 06:07:26 »
Ah! that's what I was looking for! a command to unzip the files. It was taking me ages to figure it out, especially since I've never worked with .bat files before.

Thanks a lot Mayhem :D

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30-07-2014, 10:07:10 »
You can take it as an example, improve it and add it to your texture pack.
What i had to do was to bring the files into the same folder structure as used in the fh2 zip files.
Then I just used the 7zip command line app to add the folders with the textures into the zips (u is to update existing zip files)

If you re arrange your texture pack to match the zip folder structure, the .bat file can be much smaller since you can leave out the move/copy commands.

Also my script still uses move instead of copy, so you have to re extract the texture pack each time you apply it. I did this just for testing to see if all your textures would be gone after running the setup, as a check that i did not miss anything. If you want to be able to easily re run the setup more than once, "move" should be replaced with "copy".
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Peace_Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:42 »
Thanks for your work, i really like this and your flag mod.
Keep up !

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-04-2015, 21:04:22 »
Thanks! I may have another vehicle up my sleeve soon. Stay tuned :)

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08-04-2015, 23:04:29 »
Nice these skins should come with the next patch for the mod!

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-04-2015, 14:04:18 »
I'd be very happy to see a generic hybrid skin for the DAK Tiger, similar to these:

or - if someone could point out a tutorial on modifying the skins... I'd give it a shot myself.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-04-2015, 22:04:20 »
if someone could point out a tutorial on modifying the skins... I'd give it a shot myself.

That's my cue
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/tutorials/skinningdingo.php

this is a tutorial by jodonnell back in the beginning days of FH2. (He made the Daimler Dingo)
This was the first tutorial I ever went through step by step for texturing, and it's still useful to this day. Since then I've perfected my own ways of doing things but this is the best tutorial I've ever read personally. It assumes you have an intermediate knowledge of photoshop.

From there you can google other texture tutorials on the internet. It took me a few months before being satisfied with the textures I was doing.

I'd be very happy to see a generic hybrid skin for the DAK Tiger, similar to these:

Just wondering what you mean by hybrid skin? As in, the camo used the rotbraun and olivegrun instead of just the base dunkelgelb?

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-04-2015, 14:04:26 »
That's my cue
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/tutorials/skinningdingo.php

Thanks, very useful information - even though the learning curve seems steep.

Just wondering what you mean by hybrid skin? As in, the camo used the rotbraun and olivegrun instead of just the base dunkelgelb?

It could be anything, from monochrome to three colour camouflage + variations of that, depending on how you want to interpret the photographs. The '45 scenario gives a lot of "artistic freedom", since many of these last Tigers were coming from the driving schools and proving grounds.

Interestingly, almost all of these had an early hull - with new tracks and some type of hybrid turret, w. an old (e.g. drum cupola, MP port) and newer bits (e.g. zimmerit, reinforced mantlet, sometimes a lighter muzzle brake, new roof/cupola) + possible field modifications (like a debris guards on the mantlet). Only few of these had the late type road wheels, so the DAK Tiger would be perfect candidate for this (sans the Feifel filters).

Since there's a Berlin map coming, the 3./Pz.Abt.Müncheberg's Tigers were the last - operational - ones. I'd be glad to provide any further info on these vehicles.

For now, any washed out looking DAK Tiger, w/o any tactical number and zimmerited (worn) turret would be super. 

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-04-2015, 14:04:23 »
...and newer bits (e.g. zimmerit...
Germans stopped using zimmerit during the war to cut the costs and time of production of their tanks, also because they were the main force to use magnetic bombs, none of allied forces had even produced them on a big scale so they were never a real threat for german tanks on the battlefield.

Since there's a Berlin map coming, the 3./Pz.Abt.Müncheberg's Tigers were the last - operational - ones. I'd be glad to provide any further info on these vehicles.
Dunno who told you that, but if you think so because of "Berlin Bleibt Deutsch" written on a wall on one of the screenshots in Conspiracies Thread, well, it was a popular late war slogan painted on the walls in a vast area around the Berlin, not only Berlin itself. Don't you think it would be way too easy if we reveal Berlin map like that?  ;)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14-04-2015, 15:04:52 »
Germans stopped using zimmerit during the war to cut the costs and time of production of their tanks, also because they were the main force to use magnetic bombs, none of allied forces had even produced them on a big scale so they were never a real threat for german tanks on the battlefield.

Right, but the Zimmerit was still there on the recycled turrets. Sometimes it was even scraped off.. this collage might some idea (all these Tigers are "from" 1945):
http://i58.tinypic.com/20zo64w.png

Don't you think it would be way too easy if we reveal Berlin map like that?  ;)

A man can always dream, right?  8)
« Last Edit: 14-04-2015, 15:04:49 by nysä »

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16-04-2015, 02:04:27 »
That's a great idea to have the Zimmerit scraped off some of the tanks way later in the war, since it wasn't needed later on. I also found an interesting article on Zimmerit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerit

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26-04-2015, 08:04:10 »
Sorry for double posting but have you ever thought of making high res skins for the soldiers in the mod as well? I think that would be a great idea but it's completely up to you of course.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26-04-2015, 09:04:35 »
Sorry for double posting but have you ever thought of making high res skins for the soldiers in the mod as well? I think that would be a great idea but it's completely up to you of course.
oh yes, he did, you might find out about it soon ;)

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27-04-2015, 02:04:09 »
Awesome I can't even imagine how great they'll look when he reveals them!  :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27-04-2015, 15:04:02 »
Hey thanks :) yes hopefully you'll find out soon about some new textures. I'm working on completing some other stuff in the meantime