Author Topic: [MAP]Kaunertal Raid  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
[MAP]Kaunertal Raid
« on: 19-07-2010, 01:07:42 »
The map will be centered around the Kaunertal Dam where British commandos will paradrop into the valley and capture the dam.

there will be several dropzones where weapons will spawn because the british commandos will only have pilot kits as spawnable kits. they must rally on the dropzones to get weapons

the germans must defend the dam and some other flags

its a nightmap.

more info and pics will come soon

« Last Edit: 19-07-2010, 15:07:44 by Zeno »

azreal

Re: [MAP]Kaunertal Raid
« Reply #1 on: 19-07-2010, 06:07:35 »
Please do not post threads like this unless you have something to show off. Even an outline or plan for the gameplay would have been fine...

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-07-2010, 15:07:47 »
updated description

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-07-2010, 21:07:00 »
cool, then i shall camp the dropzone with an mg42 and mp40 squad!

Offline Chariot

• Rememberer of the unremembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-07-2010, 23:07:02 »
ABC line?
« Last Edit: Today at 18:07:17 by Chariot »
Also known as HMS Campbeltown

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #5 on: 19-07-2010, 23:07:28 »
Historical accuricy with only pistols like the fallschirmsjagers on crete?

Did they really drop that ill equiped ?

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-07-2010, 17:07:15 »
ABC line?

people will allways find a way to do it anyway, throwing nades, anything

Offline Chariot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-07-2010, 17:07:00 »
people will allways find a way to do it anyway, throwing nades, anything
Theres a posibility of that on every map isnt there? It's up to the players as to if they want to act like dicks.

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-07-2010, 17:07:49 »
its not dickish to camp? war is hell, some players find it fun, some not.

the difference here, is that they have to get their weapons, i dont think people will like that very well. people like to choose themself what weapon they want, and not run around looking for one :) :)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-07-2010, 18:07:46 »

Theres a posibility of that on every map isnt there? It's up to the players as to if they want to act like dicks.

wow, you have a lot to learn my friend.... you don't leave it up to the players how the map is played. No sir.
Players are not only dicks, they are asshole and pussies (watch Team America). They will use, abuse and harras every possible flaw in your map with the pure reason that they can.
If you want them to do something, you design it so
If you want them to not do something, you stop them by design.

Take this as #1 lesson in the mapping cookbook. 8)

Offline Chariot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-07-2010, 01:07:04 »
What i meant to say is that its not dickish to camp but is dickish to wait on the ABC line to spawn kill/ kill people without giving them time to defened themselvs- such as recovering from the drop and just getting their gun out--BANG. its not fair in my eyes. So i really hope this map is played on a server where its against the rules to camp the ABC.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-07-2010, 02:07:48 »
What i meant to say is that its not dickish to camp but is dickish to wait on the ABC line to spawn kill/ kill people without giving them time to defened themselvs- such as recovering from the drop and just getting their gun out--BANG. its not fair in my eyes. So i really hope this map is played on a server where its against the rules to camp the ABC.

i will surely find a way to prevent this ;D

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-07-2010, 21:07:25 »

but the ABC line is just placed on the map by the mapper. where he feels like it.. without it, the enemy can wait at your spawnpoint in your mainbase and spawnkill you ;) I mean... if the ABC line was moved even further away from the base, would it still be unfair to wait at it? where is the line it is fair to wait at?...
I mean is it 50meters, 100meters from the ABC line?....

Let players play as they like, we restrict some stuff (kit limits, abc lines, teamlocked vehicles, push) this is enough to uphold a great gaming time. you can never totally design away smacktardness, only make it a bit harder for them  8)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-07-2010, 11:07:48 »
while I think it is hard to define what is base camping, adding ABC line definitely make the game more playable for some players... and probably less disputes in game.

In my opinion, there are nothing wrong to shoot into enemy base, if the mapper make it possible. Though I really hated people that wait for you to spawn and kill you. (The spawns are placed poorly, I spawn without cover and get shot immediately) Or sometimes I just can't find the base-defence weapons like AT guns/MG/AA guns to combat badass campers.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #14 on: 25-07-2010, 12:07:49 »
Why just not put the ABC line WAAAAAAY ahead of the spawns/lands? And make the landing zone cappable like the beachline on PdH. So you can spawn down after enough time spent on the ground.

And only pistol spawn? Come on, at least give 'em rifles, you don't even have 2 put grenades, maybe 1. I know I would be ok with that. I'd rather have a sure rifle+nade kit then searching around for a M1 Carbine with 3 M2 grenades in all that mess.