Author Topic: DOWNLOAD LINKS - Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop  (Read 85747 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: DOWNLOAD LINKS - SP/Co-op Mini-mod and Maps
« Reply #15 on: 21-05-2010, 11:05:13 »
You can even have your cake and eat it. Simply rename unmodded 2.26 to something else and install 2.2 and update to 2.25. You can then play both sp FH2 and CQ by simply renaming the one you want to play back to fh2.

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-06-2010, 07:06:16 »
here is the updated versions of alternative Villers Bocage map and Lebisey map size 16:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Q-KhFxaZ/villers_bocage_final.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/RHpwQ-ZL/lebisey_final.html

@ cannonfodder

please, update Sticky topic with the new download links and delete old links.
thanks.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23-06-2010, 03:06:23 »
does it possible to make a map with 64 players on map, not 16 ?

Offline bitje

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23-06-2010, 21:06:14 »
Anyhow, many thanks.
Many thanks.

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-06-2010, 02:06:20 »
All the maps I downloaded keep CTD. What gives?  I would say I did as instructed, but if I keep getting CTD then something must be wrong. What or where are the detailed instructions???  :P

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-06-2010, 10:06:36 »
G'day mate, welcome to the forum... :)

There are instructions in the first post (under the DL links), but note that there are two sets of instructions. The reason for this is because the maps in the map-pack only contain the server.zip and info folder, whereas the Lebisey and Villers DL's contain the whole level folder.

How did you "install" the maps? Where did you extract them to?

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28-06-2010, 02:06:07 »
G'day mate, welcome to the forum... :)

There are instructions in the first post (under the DL links), but note that there are two sets of instructions. The reason for this is because the maps in the map-pack only contain the server.zip and info folder, whereas the Lebisey and Villers DL's contain the whole level folder.

How did you "install" the maps? Where did you extract them to?

Hello and thanks.

Not sure what you mean by server.zip and info.  The path I extracted them to was:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels

The OS I am using is Windows XP Pro 64bit.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-06-2010, 13:06:10 »
Well you've extracted them to the right place...and even if you didn't backup/rename your files, WinRAR should've overwritten the existing files... :-\

Err...the only thing I can think of is, when you click on 'Extract to...' in WinRAR, the 'Overwrite mode' option (on the left) isn't set to skip or rename the files is it?

The server.zip and info folder are the only two files in a map's folder that need to be modified to make SP work.

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-06-2010, 22:06:57 »
I saw somewhere on here that there is a new navmesh for Falaise Pocket 64 - is that downloadable perchance?  I'm not sure if the version in the download sticky is the new one or not...

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29-06-2010, 23:06:18 »
Well you've extracted them to the right place...and even if you didn't backup/rename your files, WinRAR should've overwritten the existing files... :-\

Err...the only thing I can think of is, when you click on 'Extract to...' in WinRAR, the 'Overwrite mode' option (on the left) isn't set to skip or rename the files is it?

The server.zip and info folder are the only two files in a map's folder that need to be modified to make SP work.

The only option in the Overwrite mode in WinRAR that is checked is Ask before overwrite. And when I extract them. It's don't ask to overwrite anything.  :-\
« Last Edit: 29-06-2010, 23:06:53 by HvyMetal »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30-06-2010, 14:06:33 »
Another newbie. G'day blarg, welcome to the forum... :)

No, aserafimov hasn't given us a link to his version of Falaise as yet, I guess he's still tinkering with it. The link in the sticky is for the "old" infantry-only version.

...It's don't ask to overwrite anything.  :-\
Hmm, I'd say you must've extracted them somewhere else by mistake... :-\

You can double-check by going into 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels\operation_totalize' and looking at the server.zip. The size of the file (under the name) should be 8,563 KB, the original file is only 2,863 KB.

DRM

« Reply #26 on: 02-07-2010, 18:07:50 »
I downloaded and installed both the patch for SP and then the maps that appeared in the first post, keeping a back-up. I am mainly interested for Totalize, so it is the only one I have played until now. It loads well and I am able to play during a few minutes, but after a while it ends up CTD.

Initially I thought it was due to the fact that I had made additional modifications in the "python" folder to enable 3rd person view in tanks and planes(mods>fh2>python>game>gameplayPlugin.py -I changed the 26th line in this last archive; see my recent post in the Mod section asking for such a thing-). But then I played in official SP maps like Sidi Rezegh with that little modification and they didn't CTD.

The previous posts suggest that what I have to do is to came back to 2.25 in order to solve the problem. Is that right? If not, please tell me the solution. Thank you fellas.

Offline thliaw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-07-2010, 09:07:55 »

Anctoville - Op. Goodwood - Falaise Pocket - Mt. Olympus - Op. Cobra - Op. Totalize ---> http://www.mediafire.com/file/hgnxldgzydm/SP_MapPack.rar

Hellow there, can someone please post the maps above in others download server, i just cant download the full file from mediafire. 

Appreciate if anyone of you could help. :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-07-2010, 12:07:24 »
Good news, all.
Here is my own link to the latest version of WinterHilf's Alam Halfa. In this version, the German tanks will storm the line and quickly take the first line bases. The map spawns more tanks at capped flags, making an offensive or counter-offensive that much more aggressive. Bots also use more stationary positions with mortar playing a significant role.... Enjoy
http://www.filefront.com/user/mydjinny

Can the sticky be updated with this then?

Other fh files you may want from that link are the functional toolbox for forgotten hope which replaces the current buggy one to aid in increasing the number of bots you have. You will still need to change the ratio to 64% if you have 64 bots and 98% for 96 bots if your pc can handle it. Any more bots than that and you wont be able to join a squad or rebalance the ratios.

You may also want to replace the Divehorn sound with that from Forgotten Hope 1. Instructions and the .wav file are also on that page....

EDIT:
And before anyone goes off Downloading Modmaps, that's Forgotten Hope 1... Work done by Spike1942 way back in an attempt to rebalance and improve gameplay.... Just so you know before you go off and download it...

ADDED: Sidi Rezegh's gameplayobjects.con. This version replaces the heavy British tanks with A cruser, a Stuart and a Crusader tank. The battle would play like it says in the book: An aggressive British charge, a German strong but fruitless defense and a series of counter-attacks that reclaim the airfield, and a to-and-fro and such.

Goodwood Tiger II should replace the current Tiger tank and the Panther will be replaced by a different camophlaged version making it easier for it to move around undetected in that terrain.

Now adding an old gem. AJ_51's take on Seige of Tobruk. In the dead of the night, the German army attacks the Australian lines. Experience night combat like never before with streaks of mg fire, deadly night flying Stuka's and close pitch-black quarter combat.

I will need to make some changes as it still uses the old factions' audio making radio overs nonexistent. Also, I was really thinking of if I should change the Germans to Italians to add a new take on the battle. Let me know what you think before I make the changes.

Cheers,

Djinn

« Last Edit: 03-07-2010, 18:07:11 by djinn »

Offline DirArtillerySupport

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-07-2010, 18:07:17 »
Good news, all.
Here is my own link to the latest version of WinterHilf's Alam Halfa. In this version, the German tanks will

Can anyone post a link to the original Alam Halfa so I can update with this latest version? All that is contained in this update is the server.zip and it's not showing up in my map list.

Now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong because Villers Bocage Final isn't showing up in the coop map list either.

Tank for your time.

Dir
« Last Edit: 03-07-2010, 19:07:07 by DirArtillerySupport »