Author Topic: The Wonders of Sweetfx  (Read 1635 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
The Wonders of Sweetfx
« on: 04-02-2015, 20:02:55 »
Dear Community,

I have used Sweetfx for a while now and am amazed by how it makes Forgotten Hope 2 look even better than it already does! However, I am not an expert, so I stayed away from those fancy numbers and just en-abled or dis-abled this marvelous programme's numerous features. The result was quite stunning to say the least, creating really dark shadows that I had always missed in this great game. However, I am not sure if the shadows are a little bit too dark on some maps; Hürtgen Forest is one of those that tends to be a little too gloomy, albeit I would still call it authentic. Other maps are looking are truly looking photo-realistic, e.g. the Battle of Keren.

Knowing that a few ladies and gentlemen active on these forums are using this splendid programme as well, I would like to invite you to please post your favourite, most realistic settings.

Please find attached my current settings file and feel free to let let me know what you think about it. It does re-create those lovely low-light ambients perfectly; if I enter a bunker it really is dark inside for a change.

Sweetfx should let you play on-line without problems and even offers alternative Anti-Aliasing modes, such as FXAA and MSAA that will not harm your suppression and wounded shaders. I therefore highly recommend it to everyone reads this, especially since it will work with any other game, too!

Here is a link to download Sweetfx: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

I would also like to thank the entire staff in addition to community contributers for all of their dedication and hard work that they have constantly displayed since the very beginning of this great modification.

Yours cordially,
                     ksl94

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: The Wonders of Sweetfx
« Reply #1 on: 04-02-2015, 20:02:51 »
Best way to make FH2 look good is to just bump up proper supersampling anti-aliasing with anisotropic filtering.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-02-2015, 20:02:26 »
Tried it around the cmp release and thought some maps were to dark, so i uninstalled
Would love to see some before and after pics :-)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-02-2015, 22:02:27 »
Best way to make FH2 look good is to just bump up proper supersampling anti-aliasing with anisotropic filtering.

Agree.

I do this and comparing to new released games, FH2 still looks fucking awesome!    8)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-02-2015, 00:02:35 »
Would love to see some before and after pics :-)
IIRC you can set split screen in the options so you will see the difference in real time. Haven't used sweetfx for loooong time, FH2 looks good enough without it  ;)

Offline Dass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-04-2015, 13:04:57 »
Where did you place the SweetFx files or what exe file you insert at the configurator?

I cant make it work...

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-04-2015, 07:04:47 »
I use enb the mod looks much better and looks almost as good as a game from 2012.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-04-2015, 16:04:18 »
Where did you place the SweetFx files or what exe file you insert at the configurator?

I cant make it work...
It works for me with "ForgottenHope2.exe", AFAIK it doesn't matter where you place SweetFx files, you just need to add a proper game file in SweetFx Configurator's game list.
« Last Edit: 24-04-2015, 16:04:59 by jan_kurator »