Author Topic: Wolf FH2 Thursday, Farewell to 2.3!  (Read 1525 times)

Offline carrion

• View Profile
Wolf FH2 Thursday, Farewell to 2.3!
« on: 14-07-2011, 04:07:18 »

Greetings all! Please join us this Thursday as we bid a fond farewell to FH2.3. Soon, we'll all be freezing our asses off in the Bulge, thinking back longingly to the warm evenings on the Mediterranean, or even the temperate days in Normandy.

Gaming usually picks up about 10:00 PM Eastern Time (US)
Bringing it with the cowbell.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf FH2 Thursday, Farewell to 2.3!
« Reply #1 on: 14-07-2011, 04:07:05 »
 I intend to be there but to be honest, I have no intention of sticking around if we end up playing the same old 16 player maps.

32 and 64 player maps only please, the last time I drove a tank or flew a plane on WOLF was probably back in 2010 and for a change it would be nice to see something more than infantry combat between 4 grid squares.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-07-2011, 04:07:31 »
I intend to be there but to be honest, I have no intention of sticking around if we end up playing the same old 16 player maps.

32 and 64 player maps only please, the last time I drove a tank or flew a plane on WOLF was probably back in 2010 and for a change it would be nice to see something more than infantry combat between 4 grid squares.

all depends on the player count i guess, cobra with 10 players = as much fun as killing bots!!!!!!!       zing!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-07-2011, 05:07:20 »
all depends on the player count i guess, cobra with 10 players = as much fun as killing bots!!!!!!!       zing!

Agreed, I hate playing those big maps with less than 20 or so ppl

Sadly I won't be able to make this one, have a lovely sendoff and im SURE that I will be there in 2.4
(Hopefullly on WOLF with 64 ppl!)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-07-2011, 05:07:30 »
Harry Potter premiere is that night, sorry  :(

Offline carrion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-07-2011, 06:07:29 »

I'd love to have a big crowd, so big we wouldn't even THINK about running a small map.
Bringing it with the cowbell.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-07-2011, 07:07:49 »
Harry Potter premiere is that night, sorry  :(

« Last Edit: 14-07-2011, 20:07:34 by FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE »

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-07-2011, 13:07:41 »
I'll be there!  ;D

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-07-2011, 15:07:55 »
and you have my axe!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-07-2011, 17:07:58 »
I'll be there of course. It's nice to know we'll be able to play any day of the week on a US server for however many weeks before things die down again...Wolf FH2.3 Thursday followed by Wolf FH2.4 Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday...etc...etc... Ahhhh...Patch releases...Gotta love 'em

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-07-2011, 19:07:36 »

Sheik I haven't seen you in probably 3 months, and before that, it was very rarely over the last 6 to 10 months.  You have been delinquent, and as a longtime FH regular, I feel you should be punished with an entrenchment tool.

And in all seriousness, we play plenty of maps with tanks, and try to get the plane maps in whenever possible.  But the reality is that FH2 is not well populated in the Americas, and paying giant 64 player maps when there are only 10-30 players on tends to be more frustrating for the majority of people, who then drop off after long periods of no action.

So talk to the devs about why there is no love for smaller maps, why there are only a handful with tanks or any vehicles to speak of and why there aren't more of the smaller versions for more maps in general.  FH2 needs more attention to the fact that it is unsustainable with only 64 player maps having all the goods.  FH1 never even had the capability of 64 player maps and did pretty well for the better part of a decade! 

Wolf would love to sponsor someone to ssm smaller versions of maps and/or add tanks and vehicles to existing ones where appropriate, but so far no one has stepped up.  I know this release will inject new life into the mod, but I fear after 3 months we'll be right back to where we are now in player base with only a small uptick overall.   

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:20 »
@ Dago,
 "the entrenchment tool, is that all you got?"

Seriously though, I haven't seen you around for some time also, remember us West Coaster's can't join up with you when the work day is not yet over.

I still play Fh1, FHsw, Fh2 all the time so you may not see me but i am still around, kind of like that bad smell coming from your couch :p
My Quebec includes Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:27 »
@ Dago,
 "the entrenchment tool, is that all you got?"

Seriously though, I haven't seen you around for some time also, remember us West Coaster's can't join up with you when the work day is not yet over.

I still play Fh1, FHsw, Fh2 all the time so you may not see me but i am still around, kind of like that bad smell coming from your couch :p

couch or crotch???