Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 114625 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #720 on: 24-05-2012, 13:05:07 »
You are right about beta testers, but if a dev tells you to change something on your map you better listen.

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 25-05-2012, 00:05:09 »
Ehm, I never said my map is great, never even said its good... Becouse i didint test it yet... I wouldint say its about design skills anyhow, at least its not how i wanted it to sound, if i did then excuse me. From my point of view it is more of a gameplay philosophy / idea =)

I am good listner! =) But what would happen if i didint agree with a dev while making a map? Would i get kicked?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 25-05-2012, 01:05:02 »
There are some things you need to understand while making a map for FH2 (not generic FPS map, FH1 map, or map for any other game - dev team is here to pave the way of development of THIS mod and choose their priorities) When you will understand you won't disagree with them or stop at the stage of making amateur maps which will be never played on full public server. (The sad true is that there are no public servers running custom maps and there won't be any except some events) Even more sad would be only if so fast learnig mapper would waste his talent on being stubborn ;)
« Last Edit: 25-05-2012, 01:05:07 by jan_kurator »

azreal

« Reply #723 on: 25-05-2012, 04:05:49 »
Quote from: [KamiKaze
But what would happen if i didint agree with a dev while making a map?

You'd better have a damn good reason as to why ;)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 25-05-2012, 08:05:34 »
"am good listner! =) But what would happen if i didint agree with a dev while making a map? Would i get kicked? "

Hehe you think all the devs always agrees? Naaah mate. Although if there was something that the majority thought was a really bad idea then you'd have to make a very good selling point for it. However we do tend to test things that the mapper wants to try.  8)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 25-05-2012, 10:05:34 »
From a player's perspective, what the devs are wanting from a map, besides good gameplay and "flow" is art direction. A map should have a unique "look and feel". Also, the map should look like "lived in", not just a tactical obstacle course or wargaming terrain on a table. In this respect, the more recent FH2 maps beat most other mods or even commercial games. And this requires that sidewalks are in their proper places, there are no strange noclip bugs, there's enough objects to make the landscape look realistic even if they were completely unnecessary from tactical and/or gameplay point of view, all the way down to the smallest detail, while still keeping in mind that the map should play well above all.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 25-05-2012, 11:05:59 »
I think the developers have set a certain standard for FH2 maps. Certain rules (some unwritten, but exist in the mindset) for gameplay, map quality, balancing, whatever else.

I don't think it's bad to disagree sometimes. In fact, it's good. You have your own mind, you're allowed to think for yourself. If everyone would agree to everything, it gets rather boring.

BUT, the developers have a standard, everyone (including themselves) have to keep that standard in mind while developing.

AND, as long as you stay respectful, listen to what is said to you and do something with the advice you get, I think you'll come a very long way.

But if you don't really pay attention and/or disregard advice and be stubborn about things, well..................

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 25-05-2012, 11:05:52 »
Back on topic: I wonder if there is any french stuff made (weapons, vehicles, maybe player model)? I'm sure i saw some french toys in game changlelog! Maybe showing something will work as incentive and will back up french hope team with fresh mappers?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 25-05-2012, 13:05:04 »
Like was said earlier in another thread. Doing vehicles is not too difficult. What takes time and is hard-ass work, is mapping.

So I'm glad French Hope chose the right approach - And with all the statics done for Normandy, I tihnk you really have a lot of options.

Although, some new statics are required for early war France. And there might be unreleased, never-used statics made at the time for Normandy.

Perhaps it a good thing to speak to the devs since it might help make your maps more unique and less recycled like lots of tourney maps.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 25-05-2012, 15:05:57 »
Yeah, btw, some statics can be down really quickly :

For example, the french tents are in beige :
- the big ones looks like the Us ones
- the small ones (for soldiers) are like gerpuptent.
Maybe we should also do some radios, blackboards, early antitanks obstacles.

Also, we need to do some french vehicles in statics, to put them in bases, or some destroyed ones in road with civils vehicles and stuffs already existing), and early german soldiers (reskin in panzergrau for vehicles and statics)

In my opinion, everyone will be glad to see one or two vehicles already done for the French Army.
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 25-05-2012, 16:05:49 »
Those are minor detail things that can be added after a map is tested and found to be worthy of addition. Anway showing the french stuff would lead to expectations that the devs are working on that theatre when they aren't.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 25-05-2012, 18:05:47 »
We are for them.
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 20-06-2012, 22:06:13 »
Could someone re-upload the French Hope maps from page 37? or PM me the files. I really want to play those 3 maps but the link doesn't work.

please...
« Last Edit: 21-06-2012, 15:06:53 by pizzzaman12 »
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 21-06-2012, 07:06:57 »
I would also love to try this out, but megaupload.com is being blocked in the US because our government is retarded  :'(

I'm really glad to see this area is being focused on by someone. I've been playing FH2 for about two years now and have recently gotten involved in the forums. The early war stuff is really my favorite.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 22-06-2012, 02:06:03 »
Yeah it's blocked everywhere, it's so stupid. I'd be keen to try out these maps too.