Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29529 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #180 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:19 »

I understand that you guys like going godmode, because it is a cheat  ::)
Both of you simply don't get the point at all. We had bikes as a nice gimmick before 2.45 aswell - working good and people used it for shits and gigles. So did they got removed? - I don't think so. Is it impossible to fix? - No. So what's next? Tankers going godmode? Pilots going godmode? You both simply miss the whole problem.
There is no problem, a rifle grenade or lots of mg fire will quickly destroy it.  Your not invincible and there are hundreds of "cheats"....its a game.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:32 »
Shit's all been fixed in next patch. Motherfucking tiger come play out of the woods Shermans going to break down in nuts and bolts without one shot fired.
Yáll happy now.

Yes! I am happy now
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #182 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:20 »
[...]
I'm willing to bet that this is on 762's end since the people who notice it the most here seem to frequent that place. It just adds to the many reasons that I stay away from there.

Yes, Korsakov, it is all [762]. Blame them. It must be them. Problem solved, we can close the thread.

Fact check: We do not mod the game server sided. Oh sorry, yes we did. We fixed the objective mode on our servers. Sorry.

So much opinion and attitude yet so little knowledge. There is a reason I do not take you serious.

Edit:
@Chad: My question is whether it stops at the bicycle. Isn't it the same problem that prevents players with rifles from shooting gunners standing on the Sherman's turret MG although the shot should be a clear hit? Because then it would affect more than the bike.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2013, 21:08:37 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:30 »
I guess asking for tank combat to be close to reality makes me an axis fanboy. That's where this mod went wrong, tweaking tank combat so CoD kids could charge into combat and not cry when they got smoked with one shot.

Can't agree more. That's exactly the frank version of: "We want the tank combat to last longer so there's more fun".

For the third time in this thread: bring back the 2.4 server!
« Last Edit: 10-08-2013, 21:08:01 by kingtiger1891 »

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:40 »
I've never had a 88mm or seen a 88mm AP shell bounce off a Sherman or a truck. Forgive me but I just need to check, are you sure you play this game? This one, Forgotten Hope 2 version 2.45?
yes i am, but with 60h on the clock u cant know that

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 10-08-2013, 22:08:10 »

I understand that you guys like going godmode, because it is a cheat  ::)
Both of you simply don't get the point at all. We had bikes as a nice gimmick before 2.45 aswell - working good and people used it for shits and gigles. So did they got removed? - I don't think so. Is it impossible to fix? - No. So what's next? Tankers going godmode? Pilots going godmode? You both simply miss the whole problem.
There is no problem, a rifle grenade or lots of mg fire will quickly destroy it.  Your not invincible and there are hundreds of "cheats"....its a game.

So you wanna tell me that it is more common to ride on a bike into a war zone and that enemies will first try to destroy the bike with their MG's and explosives instead of taking out the biker himself? Don't you see how comic like and joke like this "feature" makes the game look like? Every new player will just join the server, see how bugged it is, laugh his ass off about such stuff and move on to something else. That's the whole problem of this and it seems, that it is quite difficult to understand for you. It is your opinion, and I respect it, but your arguments are not that hard to counter. "You are not invincible" - are you trolling me? Ofcourse you as a player are invincible and there comes the whole problem. Driving a bike in FH2 is like driving a tank - you can only take it out with explosives or MG's. But you never ever will take out the biker himself - it is always the bike. Still too hard to understand?

But I understand that people love it to engage with the infamous Panzerkampfwagen 666, codename "Esel", that was well known to allied tankers and feared for it's strong armor, and gave it's passengers the power to get invincible to MG fire and bullets. It might be a sectret Nazi weapon - maybe something for a new Alpenfestung map ;D

There are "hundred of cheats" - may I ask you to show me some of those "hundreds of cheats"? Are you using one? I don't. I don't know about you. Should we encourage people to use cheats? Still too hard to understand? This is also a question for Slayer btw.

@Korsakov: yes, we modified the tank system on our server, just to be able to point out problems about the tank system over and over again right here in this forum and to be able to annoy the players on our server and ourself and make them move on to other servers or games. How can you expect people to take you serious when you assume such stuff. Some people can't just follow simple logic ...
« Last Edit: 10-08-2013, 22:08:57 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 10-08-2013, 22:08:04 »
Players being invulnerable on the bike is a known issue and a bug, it was never a feature.  ::)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 10-08-2013, 22:08:12 »
Thatswhy the "" tags.  ;)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 10-08-2013, 22:08:57 »
@Korsakov: yes, we modified the tank system on our server, just to be able to point out problems about the tank system over and over again right here in this forum and to be able to annoy the players on our server and ourself and make them move on to other servers or games. How can you expect people to take you serious when you assume such stuff. Some people can't just follow simple logic ...

So put it back the way it was then, if anything it's been made worse. Why the hell would you keep it like that just to deliberately annoy people?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #189 on: 10-08-2013, 23:08:08 »
So put it back the way it was then, if anything it's been made worse. Why the hell would you keep it like that just to deliberately annoy people?

With people like you, I do not wonder any more how George W. Bush got reelected for a 2nd term.

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 10-08-2013, 23:08:11 »

Don't know whether it is a language barrier or not ...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 10-08-2013, 23:08:20 »
Don´t know wether to laugh or cry.

Now i know, why we shouldn´t use irony and sarcasm.

Korsakov?
Where else should i collect all my experiences? One time per week with 15 players on WAW? How many encounters with tanks do you have there?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 11-08-2013, 11:08:08 »
The question that stands is whether Korsakov can tell of the frequency that bugs occur with when he does not play public that much.

http://www.762-ranking.de/fh2stats/?page=playerstats&pid=239960543&ln=en

That makes his opinion in the matter less significant, because with more time spent in a game the probability of errors being seen rises.
Understandable, I already thought it would be something along the line of "player A has 4 times the hours of FH2 than player B, therefore player B has never seen 88mm bounce off", which is quite logical.

There Slayer, one post completely free of sarcasm, just for you.
Thank you, it cleared up a lot :)

Now i know, why we shouldn´t use irony and sarcasm.
Point on sarcasm proven, I guess.

This is also a question for Slayer btw.
Again, it seems like you want everyone to think exactly like you, and all others are "not understanding", but OK, I'll bite: what exactly is the question? You pose several, so which one is also for me?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 11-08-2013, 12:08:23 »
The question that stands is whether Korsakov can tell of the frequency that bugs occur with when he does not play public that much.

http://www.762-ranking.de/fh2stats/?page=playerstats&pid=239960543&ln=en

That makes his opinion in the matter less significant, because with more time spent in a game the probability of errors being seen rises.
Understandable, I already thought it would be something along the line of "player A has 4 times the hours of FH2 than player B, therefore player B has never seen 88mm bounce off", which is quite logical.

4 times!? More like 40 times...  ::)

And seriously, if he didn't see an 88 mm bounce off in 60 hours it means that the problem is neither that significant (to an average FH 2 player) nor occuring with the frequency you are trying to make us believe.

Like I said, 90 % of the time it doesn't happen, and when it does in 50 % of the cases it can be attributed to other factors (lag, connection, crappy bf2 hit detection). Now if that 5 % of the cases bother you so much, you have much more serious problems than this.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 11-08-2013, 12:08:42 »
Yesterday, I jumped on the server, took Crowmell and first frontall shot (90 degree) from Tiger bounced off my turret...  ::)