Author Topic: FH Fan Map Pack #6 Unreleased  (Read 1522 times)

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
FH Fan Map Pack #6 Unreleased
« on: 09-11-2010, 12:11:04 »
Whilst rebuilding my FH 0.7 installation, I found an old gem in my archive.

FH Fan Map Pack #6 "Unreleased" or "No Release" as the installer is titled.  It contains:

Battle_For_Ortona
Brody_Dubno_Rovno
Burma
Chartres
Fall_Rot-1940
Mechili
Sidi_Rezegh
Tali_Ihantala
Vuoksi

These maps weren't included in the final cut for FMP6, but someone bundled them into an FH installer.

Here's the link ... complaints about the host will be ignored, it took long enough once at 256k up :P

FH_FMP6_Unreleased.rar 213.85 MB

Unfortunately I don't have the server files, though someone else might.

Offline Knoffhoff

• Developer
  • Vorstopper
    • View Profile
Re: FH Fan Map Pack #6 Unreleased
« Reply #1 on: 09-11-2010, 15:11:02 »
The link is not working for me.
Is this the version of Fall Rot that is insanly big, has superb ground textures and has been created by Sacred Lizard?

edit:
Download was finally working for me.
It is the insanly big map (55 sec from one end to the other in a BF109), that had superb ground textures for bf1942 standards 4 - 5 years ago and has been created by Sacred Lizard. Surprisingly it even is the last, most stable  version that was used to find problems with random crashes. Maybe time (and better hardware) has fixed those problems.
Would love to finally play this on a server unfortunatly you'd need many people to play a nice round on this one. Even with 64 you might feel a bit lost.
« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 16:11:13 by Knoffhoff »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-11-2010, 17:11:34 »
Are any bot-supported?

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-11-2010, 13:11:37 »
Yeah, sorry if the download link doesn't work well 24/7, that's just the nature of these hosting services.  Most of them throttle bandwidth to free account files during peak hours.

Yes Knoffy, it is the huge and marvellous version of Fall Rot (which was originally Fall Gelb in beta) that stretched FH to its limits ... one of the reasons I put the pack up was for people to see that map.

If I remember correctly Fall Rot does support bots, though I haven't had time to try them all again yet.

213MB is puny by today's standards, so its worth a look anyway.

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 10-11-2010, 15:11:07 »
screenshots? I don't have FH1 with me at college.