Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 64712 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #705 on: 29-11-2019, 19:11:50 »
Is it just me or the half tracks and tanks under human control are a wee bit fast across the ground? On roads yes, but off road maybe adjust to as fast as a person in the game can run?
you can't make them go slower on the ground, game engine doesn't care if you're on the road or not, it is a bit too primitive for that.

Offline penaa

• Tikkakosken Mannekiini - Rokan Antti
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 15-12-2019, 11:12:12 »
Now we have continuation war maps (Fin Vs Soviets)

How about winter war maps? That would be nice  8)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 15-12-2019, 20:12:59 »
Now we have continuation war maps (Fin Vs Soviets)

How about winter war maps? That would be nice  8)

Not exactly a minor suggestion now is it?

But yes, I intend to make one after Tali.

Offline disko1089

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 22-05-2020, 02:05:03 »
I noticed the PzKpfW VI at 130 Lehr Division on Villers-Bocage has the number 131. This is an extremely minor detail, but Tiger No. 131 was captured in Tunisia and now resides at the Tank Museum in England. Is this an easter egg? Either way, I thought it was interesting, and I know I'm being really specific. I suppose if the developers really felt the need to make a minor adjustment, they could replace the skin of 131 with that of 222, which was at Villers-Bocage during the battle.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 22-05-2020, 04:05:24 »
I think when Toddel made the original texture, he made it '131' as a nod to the one in the tank museum (I've heard that, but I'm not 100% sure). It'd be cool to make it '222,' but at the same time, I'd still be nostalgic for the original texture that Toddel made because it's very good. :)

Offline disko1089

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 22-05-2020, 07:05:24 »
I do agree with you that the texture is good, and I personally like the camouflage pattern. Thanks for letting me in on your perspective! (I know my post was less of a suggestion and more of a question.)
« Last Edit: 22-05-2020, 07:05:51 by disko1089 »

Offline A L A N

• A bad decision, It is usually the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 24-05-2020, 03:05:38 »
I always wonder that about the numbering and what he did in Villers Bocage haha, he certainly would have done it as a nod to the original that is in Bovington, Talking about the Tiger ... They could not change the sound to one "more realistic" so to speak ?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 24-05-2020, 11:05:57 »
...They could not change the sound to one "more realistic" so to speak ?
Changes like that are extremely time consuming to get right, not to mention that obtaining the proper sound recordings can be either time consuming and / or expensive, and since my focus switched elsewhere before the 2.56 release, German tanks engine sounds didn't make into the game. Complete rework of Maybach engines is on my list though (the only Maybach engine that I managed to add so far is HL42 used in German halftracks and it is based on a recording of a real Sd.Kfz 251), so you can for sure expect to hear a proper roar of German big cats, but I can't promise when they will be finished. Yu can check the list of new and reworked engine sounds in the 2.56 changelog.

Offline A L A N

• A bad decision, It is usually the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 25-05-2020, 03:05:48 »

It is certainly understandable!, The little job he carries, In which he is grateful!

If in the Hanomag, the change is very noticeable, it is the real sound of that little
« Last Edit: 25-05-2020, 03:05:55 by A L A N »

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 05-06-2020, 18:06:37 »
Wouldn't mind seeing a little more Italian love.

I also found this plane interesting.  I appears Finland used a few of them, they were also used by the low countries.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 06-06-2020, 08:06:17 »
Well, I'm obliged to agree with Chad about the AB-41. Actually the most important Italian AC in North Africa campaign. A Saharianna with armored casemate and turret, pretty cool. Can't say the same about the AB-40 and AB-43; both produced in small numbers, specially the AB-43, which could not even step foot in Africa.

The plane is a Fokker D.XXI. Original dutch project, and Finns actually were the main users of the type. For most of Winter War, it was the only modern front line fighter aircraft available to them. And, as usual, Finns took the best from the machine, something similar to what they have done with the Brewster later.

Offline Soviet Spy

• R.I.P. Pocket Engineer [2007 - 2020] Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 06-06-2020, 22:06:00 »
Good evening all. So, about soviet sapper charger. For now RKKA uses british satchel, but at Guns.ru forum https://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/216/2313132.html i found photos of an actual soviet 3 kg sapper charge. Would be nice to seen in some next update.

« Last Edit: 06-06-2020, 22:06:54 by Soviet Spy »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 06-06-2020, 23:06:09 »
Good evening all. So, about soviet sapper charger. For now RKKA uses british satchel, but at Guns.ru forum https://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/216/2313132.html i found photos of an actual soviet 3 kg sapper charge. Would be nice to seen in some next update.

^ that would be a really nice first model for a beginner modeler. simple shape and simple weapon to allow someone to learn to mode/UV/texture/export & code all in one. Would still need an animation, but maybe could use the existing satchel animation.

It doesn't say what the fuse looked like tho.

Offline Soviet Spy

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 07-06-2020, 11:06:58 »

^ that would be a really nice first model for a beginner modeler. simple shape and simple weapon to allow someone to learn to mode/UV/texture/export & code all in one. Would still need an animation, but maybe could use the existing satchel animation.

It doesn't say what the fuse looked like tho.

I looked at some web-sites about mines and sapper equipment, but could not find information on the type of fuses for such an engineering charge. But i think it used most common soviet Капсюль-Детонатор №8 (Detonator Capsule №8). I found this scheme, but there is no date, so it can be post-war

Another idea - what if this thing was using blasting machine or match cord?

Soviet dynamoelectric blasting machine PM-2

PM-1 blasting machine and DSH-27 detonating cord
« Last Edit: 07-06-2020, 15:06:02 by Soviet Spy »

Offline Soviet Spy

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 20-06-2020, 22:06:32 »
So, i have another suggestion.  Most of Eastern front maps took place after 1944, except for Motovsky and Lenino. I hope we will get some early (1941-1942) maps. And my ideas for them:

1. Of course type 1935 RKKA uniform with gorget patches. Also update Motovsky bay Red Army soldiers models, cus in 1942 RKKA was still using type 1935 uniform.

2. Kits. Almost the same as later war, but:

* Limited rifleman kit with SVT rifle (it was kinda widely used in infantry in 1941);

* Add for rifleman with Mosin Dyakonov grenade launcher (used in early stages in 1941 and almost "extinct" by 1942)

* AT - full rearm: PTRD, Nagant revolver and RPG-40 AT grenade (working like italian bomba a mano L), Alternative - Mosin M38 carbine and pair of RPG-40 grenades;

Pick up kits:

* MG kit with DS-39 (almost forgotten soviet medium machine gun, infamous for its malfunctions and issues)

* Rifleman with AVS-36 rifle;

* Opolchenets (Militiaman, member of Narodnoe Opolchenie) - rifle (Mosin, but can be Arisaka, Enfield №3 or any other WWI rifle) with bayonet and Petrol bomb. Maybe also with Mauser C96 pistol (most common german pistol in pre-war USSR).

Vehicles:

* GAZ-AAA truck or ZiS-6 also as platform for BM-12 MLRS.
* GAZ-64 as jeep

* Armored cars: BA-11 (heavy armored car) and BA-20 (light armored car). Or maybe medium BA-10 car.
* Tanks: BT-5 or BT-7, T-26 (light tanks, note - in 1941 they were a solid, biggest part of soviet tank forces, so 1941 maps needs to contain more those tanks, then other types); medium - T-34 and T-28 (for the summer of 1941, the Red Army had 481 tanks of this type) and heavy tanks - KV-1 and KV-2.

* Planes:

* Fighters - I-16 monoplane and I-153 biplane fighters; MiG-3 or LaGG-3 as advanced fighter
* CAS - early IL-2 without rear MG or Su-2 light bomber;
* R-5 - scout plane

Maps:

* Battle of Brody - one of the largest tank battles in history (23–30 June 1941) or Alytus battle (22 - 23 june; first tank battle at Eastern front)
* Brest fortress - nuff said, infantry map;
* Smolensk battle - something like Fall of Tobruk or Battle for Brest i think

I know, the biggest problem is who will make all this stuff but i hope it will happen someday.