Author Topic: Seelow Heights 64  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Seelow Heights 64
« Reply #15 on: 05-06-2017, 06:06:44 »
.... This is about the 64 player version.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-06-2017, 06:06:19 »
.... This is about the 64 player version.
Yes, but this applies to the 64pl version aswell.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-02-2018, 21:02:12 »
Russians would really need here that when they capture one of the last sector flags, bleed stops,and once they capture both last flags german fast bleed starts. This way if germans acidently recapture one flag,russian bleed starts again and usually kills last russian tickets.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-02-2018, 20:02:02 »
Even maybe some forward russian spawing tanks wouldnt hurt
« Last Edit: 02-02-2018, 23:02:17 by Ivancic1941 »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09-02-2018, 16:02:26 »
... once they capture both last flags german fast bleed starts.
I think this already happens right? Once Russians cap both flags in the last sector the game is more or less 'over' for the Germans.

I find that the toughest part of this map isn't the last sector, but the 2nd one. Getting up the hill and getting the trenches is tough even for a good team

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-02-2018, 10:02:22 »
No you missunderstand me. I suggested that when:
-Russian have to capture last sector and they bleed
-They capture one of flags in last sector(lets say Seelow or Apartmens) and they still bleed~ and they basicaly captured town or main strategical building in town
So I suggested that when they caotured one of flags in last sector bleed stops for russians( nor it beggins for germans,noone has bleed)
Why? Because if russains capture whole sector german are bleeding but still can capture one of flags and immideatly tranfer bleed again on russian side~and that ussualy kills last russian tickets and opportunitie to win aldo they fighted bloody for capturing last sector(German have very poverfull arsenal of tanks wepons and aircraft to again capture one of flags and usualy do)
This way Germans after basically loosing battle and last sector completely cant easily counterattack and transfer bleed to russians by just capturing one of flags~ and russian get ability to again drive more tanks in and little more peacefuly start again attack on last flag.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-10-2018, 15:10:45 »
Changelog for 2.54:
- Fix invisible squad leader bug
- Replace SU 152 with ISU 152 (DshK)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-11-2018, 18:11:23 »
Can the Luftfaust B and the ISU 152 be added to the COOP.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04-11-2018, 21:11:39 »
There is no coop.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-11-2018, 04:11:59 »
There is no coop.
Must be no official version?  I just played CO-OP today.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-11-2018, 05:11:22 »
Yea nothing offical

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-07-2019, 22:07:57 »
I second the opinion Allies need a bit of a buff on this map. Either stop the bleed when one of the last flags is taken, or reduce Axis tickets by 100-150 to give Allies a fairer chance of winning even if they fail to cap the whole last sector.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-05-2020, 18:05:46 »
2.56 Changelog Seelow Heights 64

-Increase HP on Flak 88 wrecks to prevent them from disappearing on Seelow
-Change Russian Player Models to use Telogrieka

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22-06-2020, 16:06:23 »
Great map and all, but just curious and no harm intended, but what's the reasoning behind Jagdpanther on Seelow Heights? Tiger II is ok (in a sense, Tiger I would be historically more accurate), but why Jagdpanther when the most nearby JP unit was located in the northern Germany?

April 1945

II./Pz.Lehr.Rgt. 130 = 35 from H.Za.  on 7. Apr. 1945 (unit deployed separately from Pz.Lehr-Div.)
SS-Kampfgruppe 'Wiking' = 7  on 8. Apr. 1945 taken over directly at MNH in Hannover
s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt. 655 = 10 from H.Za.  on 8. Apr. 1945
Pz.Div. 'Clausewitz' = 5 from H.Za.  on 14. Apr. 1945
s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt. 559 = 10 from H.Za.  on 17. Apr. 1945 (subordinated to 7. Pz.Div.)
s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt. 559 = 9 from H.Za.  on 21. Apr. 1945 (subordinated to 7. Pz.Div.)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22-06-2020, 17:06:07 »
Great map and all, but just curious and no harm intended, but what's the reasoning behind Jagdpanther on Seelow Heights? Tiger II is ok (in a sense, Tiger I would be historically more accurate), but why Jagdpanther when the most nearby JP unit was located in the northern Germany?

I'm just speculating, but I'd guess that the original vehicle loadout on this map was based a lot on the FH1 vehicle loadout which included a Jagdpanther. Maybe the mapper kind of started with that baseline and then balanced the assets from there. I'd also say that realistically, I doubt much in-depth research was put into the specific units that fought in this sector.

I do know that part of the original idea was to give the map a 'late war' feel, since it's the only 1945 map in the mod atm. So the devs probably wanted to include late war assets that you don't always see pitted against each other on other maps; for example, an IS-2 vs King Tiger or Jagdpanther vs Soviets on the East Front.

Seeing as this is the only official 1945 map that we have, I think that maybe a few liberties are taken until more 1945 maps can be added. Things like the white lines painted on Soviet turrets are included even tho the directive wasn't put into effect until after this battle. I personally think that's okay for now since we don't have an official Berlin map for them to be used on, and it allows my texture for the IS-2, and PointBlank's T-34s textures and SethSoldier's ISU textures to be added to the mod for the time being. This map was also a pretty good spot for us to use the 'ambush' camo for the King Tiger (one of the many camo variants Rad made for it that we hadn't been able to use up until this point) and I think that prompted Toddel to add an 'ambush' variant to some of his other vehicles as well which is cool. That's not to say that the camo wasn't used elsewhere and we know it isn't specific to this battle, but it's usually synonymous with 'late war' German tank camos which fit nicely with the "theme" of this map.

A lot of times devs make camos or vehicle variants that might not have a place in the mod at the moment but we'd still really like to use them. Sometimes even whole vehicles kind of sit on the back burner just because we don't have a map to put them on which sucks (like atm we have no place to put our BT-7 or Pershing :( ) So I think sometimes we stretch history slightly to include things that other devs worked on. And then I guess it's kind of up to the mapper on how much they want to stretch history.