Author Topic: WinSPWW2 tutorial  (Read 16068 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: WinSPWW2 tutorial
« Reply #45 on: 19-01-2014, 05:01:11 »
You need to "fix" your damaged units. You can expand your force indefinitely but then the enemy also gets more forces each battle.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19-01-2014, 05:01:22 »
Gotcha.  How do I fix them?

Also, I'm probably gonna restart with same troop layout.  I fought that entire battle like it was an annoying bug, not a "night battle" xD

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21-01-2014, 19:01:45 »
Clicking on the name of the damaged unit will repair it IIRC.

You can also update your existing equipment to a roughly same type - infantry stays as infantry, but tanks can be changed to other tanks, or even armoured cars, assault guns and SPA. Again, this will affect the points value of your army (so enemy forces will be scaled accordingly).

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 31-03-2014, 22:03:41 »
got going with it more or less: just 3 questions:

How do you change ammo type (HE/AP)?
Can you abandon an offensive? I had the opportunity to chase the enemy down, and it was kinda stupid and i wanna undo it now, any ideas?
The support you buy before a battle, do they stay or is it 1 battle only?
« Last Edit: 31-03-2014, 22:03:13 by Born2Kill 007 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 31-03-2014, 23:03:54 »
How do you change ammo type (HE/AP)?
You don't. The Computer is your friend and does it for you. Of course, the algorithm does not work perfectly all the time and can lead to hilarious situations.

Once in WinSPMBT, my Leo2's were facing T-80's frontally. The AI decided that since at the range I was facing them, HEAT had better penetration than APFSDS as measured in RHA, so HEAT should be used, reactive armour and its effects be damned. Only after I had shot (uselessly) all my HEAT ammunition over several turns did the AI agree to switch to APFSDS, and whaddya know, first shot penetrated.
Can you abandon an offensive? I had the opportunity to chase the enemy down, and it was kinda stupid and i wanna undo it now, any ideas?
Once you enter the deployment phase you can only regenerate the map, but cannot change the mission or abandon the battle unless you reload an earlier save.
The support you buy before a battle, do they stay or is it 1 battle only?
1 battle only. Only your "core" force stays and gathers experience, which is kinda the whole point of the campaign. Also, if you play a "long" WW2 campaign, the quality of the support reflects the general war situation of your chosen nation: randomly chosen German troops in 1945 are likely to be inferior to their 1941 counterparts.

Do note that you can expand your core force as the campaign progresses (to include some "fixed" support elements), though the enemy force will also scale up accordingly.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01-04-2014, 01:04:11 »
thanks, i also found a way to get rid of that offensive, i pressed quit everywhere i saw it and ended in "marginal victory" without playing more than 1 turn.
Anyway, great game for battles untill all the enemy tanks are down and you have 20 turns of attacking and retreating infantry.
« Last Edit: 01-04-2014, 01:04:27 by Born2Kill 007 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05-04-2014, 17:04:46 »
Now the game keeps getting stuck during the end turn, every time the AI moves a certain APC somewhere. Anyone knows some way to fix it?
I tried tens of times hoping it would work anyway, which then results in ctrl+alt+del where the task bar doesn't show up, that i even have to log off and log on again, before i can do anything again
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06-04-2014, 03:04:34 »
Regarding ammo types, I seem to remember reading on the winSPWW2 forums that troop experience can have an impact here (i.e. green/inexperienced/frightened troops are more likely to load HE shell and fire at a tank when there is plenty of AP available).

It is funny sometimes. I had a situation like Kelmola, but the opposite: I had one of the short-barreled StuGs with 30 or so HE shells, 6 AP shells and 11 HEAT shells. I was firing at an early Crusader tank in the desert. My StuG fired twenty useless HE shells at the Crusader which did almost nothing (did immobilize it though, one shot blew off a track) and mostly missed, and then once it was out of HE it shot a HEAT shell that blasted through the turrent and blew up the tank and killed the whole crew in one go :D
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08-04-2014, 00:04:14 »
Is anybody here interested in an pbem game? I never tried on of those, could be cool. We could even do an aar on this forum.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08-04-2014, 06:04:12 »
Is anybody here interested in an pbem game? I never tried on of those, could be cool. We could even do an aar on this forum.

I would be down. I don't know how they work though, presumably both players need to be playing at the same time?

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08-04-2014, 13:04:32 »
I never tried it either, but you dont play at the same time, you keep exchanging your turn files per e mail.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25-04-2014, 21:04:50 »
for some reason i can't use my Wurfgerät. Can't use them in artillery, can't use them with spotters, is there some other way?

nevermind, just found out the range was the problem
« Last Edit: 25-04-2014, 22:04:02 by Born2Kill 007 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 26-04-2014, 02:04:29 »
The range is really short. What I do for Wurfgerats is buy some heavy trucks with my support points and drive them closer to the front.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 26-04-2014, 15:04:21 »
I'm not yet capable of buying Nebelwerfers (april 1941), but do they have the same problem?
And on another note, it seems to me that support points don't save up but depend on the map. But do the points you use to expand your core save up? Because I have already been saving a bit now to change my Panzertabteilungen to Tigers in 1942, but noticing support doesn't save up made me a bit worried that i was wasting points i could use to expand my force.
And to conclude: in the Schwere Artillerie, I saw a 60cm cannon that fires HE shells, but are these HE shells also capable of blowing up heavier tanks? (matilda etc.)
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 26-04-2014, 16:04:22 »
Most likely the Karl-Gerät then. Never used those in-game but if there's any semblance of realism, absolutely everything should be #rekt by them, because the "light" shell had 220 kg and "heavy" shell 290 kg of explosive filler (plus 1500 or 1900 kg of metal around it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Ger%C3%A4t#Ammunition