Author Topic: Stop continual ticket loss as attackers?  (Read 910 times)

Offline nailgunner52

• View Profile
Stop continual ticket loss as attackers?
« on: 19-02-2016, 01:02:25 »
Every time I plan single player, the defenders always win because the attackers continually lose tickets until they take most if not all positions on the maps. No other battlefield game works like this, is there something wrong with my version or is this normal and is there a way to change it?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Stop continual ticket loss as attackers?
« Reply #1 on: 19-02-2016, 02:02:29 »
You can change it by manualy editing the SP layers, but you should only do it if you know how this stuff works. This full on attack mode is intentional and it is existent in other BF games aswell. If you play BFBC2 you will notice that you run out of tickets at a certain point on push maps. Same goes for BF2 and BF2142 maps where the attacking team has either more tickets or faster bleed, or even both. I think even in BF1942 you can setup the ticket bleed per team. So this is normal. Main reason is to drive the attacking team forward, so they have to approach and move forward in order to win and not just by camping and farming kills.

Offline nailgunner52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-02-2016, 02:02:04 »
yeah i get ticket bleed, but when you have all the points capped except one and your tickets are plummeting, it gets pretty irritating. could u give me a quick run down on ways to change the ticket bleed? i might not be a able to pull it off, but it would be nice to have some advice.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-02-2016, 11:02:42 »
You can change it by either adjusting the bleed in the maps init.con and mapdata.py, or alter the strategic values of the CPs in the gameplayobjects.con of the gamemode, so that your team will stop bleeding when for example the middle CP is captured.

However I do advise against it. The bleed gives you the drive to push onwards, as hitm4k3r already stated.
So instead of altering the bleed, I would suggest altering the serverside ticket ratio and team balance if you struggle to capture the last CPs. Depending on the map, attackers should have a 2:1 superiority at least. Try to figure out the perfect values for each of the maps and you'll have more fun overall. If you give an example which map in particular you have problems with, I can also give you my preferred bot ratio settings, I have them stored for most maps.
« Last Edit: 19-02-2016, 11:02:50 by Darman »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-02-2016, 16:02:51 »
nailgunner52, by any chance, did you play co-op? There is an option in co-op called "ticket ratio":

Its default value for FH2 is 200 (200%). You can increase the number of tickets you get on any map by increasing the ticket ratio to, for example, 300 or 400 or even 999%, modifying map files by hand is not needed in this case.