Author Topic: Meuse River 64  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Meuse River 64
« on: 16-07-2011, 22:07:38 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
Re: Meuse River 64
« Reply #1 on: 22-07-2011, 18:07:33 »
I liked this map right away -- the looks and feel, the flag lay out, the liberal use of ABC code, the heavy wooded hills mixed with an urban center.... The vehicle load out is great too. It's the one i've played the most from the new release and one very much needed tweak has become apparent after dozens of full server sessions:

Open up the buildings at the flags, especially Town Center, and Com HQ.

You can count on one hand the amount of buildings you can actually go inside of between these two flags, even though they are densely littered with buildings. This gives the map there a kind of fake,  set piece feel instead of a real living map that can be interacted with.  That may be the most important reason to give more buildings one can actually enter and use.

But moreover, there are 2 very significant impacts to game play as a result of there being no usable buildings. 

1. Arty is overpowered on this map.  There is nowhere to take cover, that tree won't help you anymore than that stone townhouse because you can't get inside it!  I am spawnkilled by arty on this map almost constantly when fighting at the flags.

-People would be busting in windows and doors to use these buildings -- what happened to the destructible statics that you used to make use of?  How about making most of the town locked up at first, but players can bust into the buildings?  Just a random thought.

2. Because there is no where to hold up (other than a couple buildings that are flag locations and way too obvious to remain due to constant HE shells) everyone is always on the move on this map.  This gives this map that willy nilly, ring around the rosey, flag chasing style of play instead of a more deliberate capture and hold feeling that you are trying to achieve through map creation. Flags will rise and fall on any map, but this one has no sense of battle lines and sustained firefights even though on paper it looks like it should -- why?  Because there are no buildings to set up a command in and remain alive for any length of time.

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-07-2011, 05:07:34 »
This might be my favorite of the new maps, but the artillery is, as Dago Red mentioned, quite overpowered due to the lack of cover.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-07-2011, 17:07:39 »
Yepp, correctly observed. The arty is unfortunately placed in mainbase unreachable for attackers, (can sit and spam in peace a whole round) will look at ways to improve this for next patch.
thx for reporting.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-11-2011, 11:11:43 »
@ Dago Red completly agree with everything you have said, open buildings would make the map much better.

I think on this map there are really quite a lot flak emplacements. And I think the emplacements are really enough to fight of that one plane that joins the fight in 1/4 of the rounds. So get rid of the Flakvehicles for BOTH teams.
The ONLY thing the American quat halftrack is doing is raping the inf at Farm or somewhere and the German Flakopel is useless as usual.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-02-2012, 23:02:23 »
I think plane should spawn on the bleed... Otherwise it plays minor role. Example - Americans lost totally the map, but Mustang spawned only once....

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-02-2012, 11:02:06 »
Do you mean that the Mustang should spawn more often? Or should is just spawn earlier.

(Btw I dont think that the map should be changed because of one team getting shot right behind therer ABC line - Yes it happens and its horrible for the loosing team -  but its really unusual.)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-02-2012, 00:02:09 »
Do you mean that the Mustang should spawn more often? Or should is just spawn earlier.

Both. If the Mustang/FW spawned when enemy has 3 flags it would appeared earlier and also more often.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-02-2012, 17:02:16 »
It's fine as it is now. Bulge isn't known for it's aerial combat, so there are already way more planes in the Bulge maps than there were during the battle.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-02-2012, 22:02:28 »
I have to say I share Slayers opinion. A plane more often and earlyier is not nessecary for gameplay reasons I think. Aliieds can still take out the KT with the M36 if there pushed to there ABC line, because of the woods.
And it is not a map where the team that is pushed back to there ABC line gets raped massivly.

And as Slayer mentioned it depicts the historical situation quite good.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-03-2012, 08:03:51 »
In the next patch there will be less tank/arty/AA raping and more focus on infantry fights in the town  :)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-03-2012, 13:03:23 »
So the number of tanks has just been reduced in general? Less arrty? -> AWESOME! Less AA vehicles?-> AWESOME!

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-03-2012, 15:03:01 »
AH !! That's a great news about Meuse River !! IMO this map was a pain for infantry. In town I could instant die 3 times in a row by 3 different way(tank, arty, grenade). I always found wierd that the battles in the city were dominated by tanks and arty.

But what kind of changes will make less arty/tank raping in town ?? Less tanks/arty in general ?? narrower streets or more objects in the street that will make heavier tanks having difficulty to drive around ??

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-03-2012, 20:03:51 »
What? Less Shermans to kill?  :'( :'( :'(

-Svea-Livgarde-

« Reply #14 on: 02-04-2012, 18:04:57 »
Suggestion: reduce the number of panzerfaust kits on this map. Yesterday when I played, it was completely impossible to even get 200 meter out of the abc line in a sherman alive. Shermans' only chance is to use the forest in flanking positions but they are too easily picked off by infantry. Not even fun to play.