Author Topic: The german Sd.Kfz 251 Ausf. D " Stuka on foot "  (Read 6308 times)

Offline phillip

• View Profile
Re: The german Sd.Kfz 251 Ausf. D " Stuka on foot "
« Reply #15 on: 31-08-2010, 01:08:32 »
I tried to drive it into a ditch so I could shoot the rockets straighter... didnt work.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-02-2011, 23:02:55 »
 Ha, I usually just use it for an antitank gun. I wish the devs would make it where the Stuka on foot had the driver as the guy manning the stuka too, even though the other way helps create good teamwork.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-02-2011, 15:02:39 »
Ha, I usually just use it for an antitank gun. I wish the devs would make it where the Stuka on foot had the driver as the guy manning the stuka too, even though the other way helps create good teamwork.

Yeah it would be nice if it could be like the Marder in FH1.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-02-2011, 16:02:28 »
We did this on purpose. It's not a vehicle you should be able to fire when driving.

In real life, the blast from the rockets forced the operators of this weapon to get out off the vehicle and launch the rockets from a safe distance away.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26-07-2011, 23:07:40 »
I love the Sd.Kfz 251 Ausf. D, but it is not an easy weapon to wield.

Aiming is difficult. It is best to park in a field and alternate between the drivers position and the firing position to aim it. I back-turn in the opposite direction. IF the range is short, you have to turn in very small increments. This is made even more difficult if you have multiple targets and the target you want is not the first displayed.

Range is also difficult. It general seems to overshoot, but all the rockets fall at varying ranges.

Because of this, you really don't want a friendly anywhere near your target. Also it is easier to aim and shoot with longer ranges.

I look forward to the next theater when the Sd.Kfz 251 Ausf. D should really start to come into its own.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27-07-2011, 19:07:50 »
For a big map I wish there were multiple Stuka on foot. Then you can have awesome rocket volleys lol
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945