Author Topic: General SP in 2.25 - Where we are at  (Read 4113 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
General SP in 2.25 - Where we are at
« on: 09-01-2010, 09:01:00 »
Here's where it stands currently - Just so its clear what needs improvements etc

What is wrong
Range of tanks seem to vary from map to map... Maybe its just me
Stuka flies too low and so its easy target for AA
Stuka doesn't use bombs
Bots in El Alamein start firing at the German base on kidney ridge as soon as they spawn, which is wierd
Pathmap in El Alamein has issue where Matilder drives into AT gun infront of its position and gets stuck
PZIII issues:
   Bots on El Alamein still don't use the one in the 88 cap-base clse to the German side
   PZ III in Seige of Tobruk and Mersa Matu's southern base get stuck against the flag pole and abondoned at base

Cannon issues:
AT guns including 88s don't swivel to meet the enemy but fire only if the enemy is right in front of them..

Bots spawning: In goodwood, bots still spawn upstairs in the Marder I base and get stuck
Tanks Vs Infantry: Tanks neither fire HE nor mg and so infantry pwn tanks with impunity - A tank will face an infantry man, but will never open fire
German bots in PHL spawn far from the first 2 bases, making defense there non-existend and they aren't commanded to defend them even as they fall
COOP is broken since for some reason, Germans are completely imbalanced against Allied numbers
Germans in Fall of Tobruk don't go back for tanks so soon it grinds to infantry only... they should keep spawinng at rear base, at least a few
Germans don't secure El Alamein's cap-pable 88 base enough, making Allies find this map too easy
Bots don't like larger AT guns
With tanks not firing at infantry, what was really cool about Goodwood and Luttich is gone - Except for tank to tank
Luttich CTDs now

What should be kept it
Tanks sometimes stand at range and fire
Infantry now use
Increased count of bots in SP - I couldn't have played 2.25 if not for this - And it is a fair number
Bots toss smoke when they see tanks
Bots fire flares... althouugh I think they should be highly inaccurate about it so they fire alot higher
Stuka strafes
Planes are deadly now
Bots camp vehicles more..
Smite-able guns and the amphebious landing on PDH... thank you, thank you, thank you

Comments
Infantry should love stationary
Reduce spawn time in SP to 5 secs
German bots should spawn in the bunker on Supercharge in order to use mgs
bots should love mgs and AT guns the most
Bots should use grenades against AT gunners rather than smoke
Added pathmaps in Goodwood across the rail tracks themselves will aid tanks to cross the rail faster...
Mg gunners could fire from greater range and use pistol at close range more
Bots should camp stationary vehicles more, and mobile ones a tad less - Or only if someone is in driver position
Tanks could use HE as per 2.2 but focus on infantry less.
« Last Edit: 09-01-2010, 11:01:12 by djinn »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: General SP in 2.25 - Where we are at
« Reply #1 on: 09-01-2010, 12:01:28 »
What is wrong
Bots spawning: In goodwood, bots still spawn upstairs in the Marder I base and get stuck

You can delete or make it "only for human player" in BF2 Editor. Easy fix.

Tanks Vs Infantry: Tanks neither fire HE nor mg and so infantry pwn tanks with impunity - A tank will face an infantry man, but will never open fire

I think it is a small problem, can be solved in next version.

COOP is broken since for some reason, Germans are completely imbalanced against Allied numbers

It is your settings. You should set your own bot coop ratio. Move the slider.

Germans in Fall of Tobruk don't go back for tanks so soon it grinds to infantry only... they should keep spawinng at rear base, at least a few

One of the weakness of that kind of sequential capture map. You have to neighbour-link every post according to the planned attack path. When it goes deeper, bots will only spawn in closer spawn point and storm its next target.

The idea is, either you have a huge opening wave attack, attacking the front outpost (the first and the only capable base in the beginning) or see a dispersed attack (linking the German main base to every other flags), that way you will see them spawning at the main base and driving tanks to attack deeper posts. But that's kinda random and less strategic. But i think it will be more fun, since the bane of the defender is really the tank themselves.

But do the Brits use the M3 tank now?

Luttich CTDs now

In 2.2 Luettich CTD too, rarely if you play as American, and occasionally if you play as German. All FH2 2.2 maps have CTD potential (including those that are believed to be stable), except infantry maps. (unless you took that un-coded Vickers .303 MG)

What should be kept it
Smite-able guns and the amphebious landing on PDH... thank you, thank you, thank you

I agree, that's the best SP present in this 2.25 release.

Comments

The bots will also respawn in that time frame. No good for tactical game. But good for run-and-shoot game.

Bots should use grenades against AT gunners rather than smoke

Bots don't know the difference between explosive and smoke grenades. If they have HE, they'll throw it on you, if they have smoke, they'll throw smoke. That simple.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-01-2010, 12:01:08 »
Luttich might have CTDed in play.. rarely

But now it doesn't even loadup completely

If Tank-Infantry HE combat was fixed, I really wouldn't be too bothered - But that just kills it for me. And thinknig about it getting fixed by the next patch just makes me even more frustrated - Especially since we got luck with this release being a 'small one' and a quick release

COOP being unbalanced doesn't have to do with my ratios... I have them at 50-50 and it still gives 3/4 of the number to Allies

« Last Edit: 09-01-2010, 13:01:14 by djinn »

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:36 »
I only want to say that Goodwood in Singleplayer crash abfter 20 min of playing somebody got the same problem? Shouldnt  that be solved

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:21 »
I don't think the devs left it in on purpose

But yer, I got that for the first time I played it that long after 2.25... From 2.2 and having replaced the 2 known crashing vehicles on the Allied side, I noted the same thing... Perhaps there's an unknown third.. or some other factor we don't yet know... might be a while fixing it since it occurs so late ingame and doesn't seem to have any known source

Do bots use nebelwerfers? I saw it in the changelog, but they don't use it... Also, can the Tiger II be put back in? Or is there a reason why it was taken out for SP?

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:01 »
The King Tiger is in but i replayced it with the normal tiger_late an that had no effect of the crash it also crashes after 20 min

(Operation Lüttich after Loading CTD, i changed the M4A1 with the Sherman V and it works fine)
« Last Edit: 09-01-2010, 13:01:03 by kacklabbe »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:06 »
Cool... I think I will do that then... Nice to have an American armor-suuport level back

But why would it crash, the M4A1? It was in in 2.2 without issue?

No, the KT isn't in... Once you cap Cagney it spawns a regular Tiger I. Only saw the KT in a conquest game I created, never in COOP or SP

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:30 »

I agree, that's the best SP present in this 2.25 release.
Haven't tried it yet, but I don't expect it to offset the disappointment of not getting a single 2.25 map...

Comments

The bots will also respawn in that time frame. No good for tactical game. But good for run-and-shoot game.
Ugh, no way man, BF deathmatch maps are torture (there's a few in AIX)...spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die...staying alive for 10 consecutive seconds is impossible...  ::)

I only want to say that Goodwood in Singleplayer crash abfter 20 min of playing somebody got the same problem? Shouldnt  that be solved

Again, haven't tried it, but I figured (hoped?) the AI template fixes would have solved the Goodwood problem.

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:55 »
@djin i thinks its the new 50cal on the top of the tanks

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-01-2010, 16:01:16 »
I solved the Problem in Operation goodwood i changed the Sherman M4A1_eu_brit with Sherman_V an the m5a1 Halftrack with the M3a1 and had no CTD after i Played the map serveral times.

the AI maybe has some problems with these 2 Vehicles

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-01-2010, 17:01:25 »
I solved the Problem in Operation goodwood i changed the Sherman M4A1_eu_brit with Sherman_V an the m5a1 Halftrack with the M3a1 and had no CTD after i Played the map serveral times.

the AI maybe has some problems with these 2 Vehicles

up tp now, i have no problems with operation goodwood. but just in case, how can i change the vehicles ingame?
InGame: Evil_Tr00per

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-01-2010, 17:01:17 »
Swapping vehicles?

Check this thread (near bottom of first page): http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2631.0

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-01-2010, 17:01:12 »
Schultz you dont have CTD in Goodwood??

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-01-2010, 17:01:49 »

COOP being unbalanced doesn't have to do with my ratios... I have them at 50-50 and it still gives 3/4 of the number to Allies

It is off balance by default. So making it '50' won't balance it. In my case (i tweaked the AI files so it gives me 51 bots instead of default 32), i should slide to '46' to make a balanced team (26 vs 26 -with me being in allied team). '50' will make the game goes like 17 vs 15 (off balance for team 1/axis gets advantage) and in my case (28 vs 24).

Haven't tried it yet, but I don't expect it to offset the disappointment of not getting a single 2.25 map...

Me too mate, i was like expecting more. Because i saw winterhilf joining the team for sometime already (add to that, LegionDCX). But i was like taking it as granted. They provide this for free, I just couldn't complain more.

I tried navmeshing Lebisey and Falaise Pocket to no avail. Re-navmeshing Luettich to get CTDs during loading and re-navmeshing FH2SP Gazala to get bots going off border. It turned out that we have to individually fix some of the building navmeshes so it would be clear of error (there are some Normandy statics that has problem with navmeshing, some of them are in Goodwood, so didn't expect vehicle-changing fix will really fix it).

But I cannot hold the feeling of disappointment though, because this mod was too awesome not to be played right through.

Again, haven't tried it, but I figured (hoped?) the AI template fixes would have solved the Goodwood problem.

Not every vehicle was re-templated in LegionDcX's intensity AI mod that was said to be applied in the changelog. Even the deployable Vickers .303 MG wasn't given any template (i have to use FH2.15's FH2SP template to make it work). Even the British M4A1 isn't templated yet. Churchill, isn't templated yet. Strangely, i found all airplanes are templated, with the new clivewil's Mustang soooo ready for SP use (only the unused P-47 i dunno).

In mean time, we have somehow now-working Op. Hyacinth, better stability on Supercharge, and official addition of Bardia-16, Fall of Tobruk, and every version of Sidi Rezegh (so far quite stable).

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-01-2010, 17:01:52 »
Schultz you dont have CTD in Goodwood??

no, i played the map several time, about 20-30 min. and had no ctd. maybe its just luck  :)
InGame: Evil_Tr00per