Author Topic: Commander bug  (Read 789 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Commander bug
« on: 10-11-2017, 23:11:59 »
Played just now Sidi. I was commander for Germans and i was in that commander truck. Brits also had commander.

So I got 10-15 kills with arty and in stats it showed only 2. While  enemy commander got 20-25 kills and it showed 0. I experienced it before too.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Commander bug
« Reply #1 on: 10-11-2017, 23:11:43 »
never seen that before. weird.

Imo it would be nice if commander was removed altogether. I talked about 'why' in a suggestion I made a few years ago. It isn't fleshed out and would save newbies the confusion.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2017, 00:11:02 »
And I just posted to give markers to commandeer. Lol. Yea, its stupid, but with markers and ability to spot for arty blindley would do something good.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-11-2017, 00:11:48 »
well i would love commander if it was fleshed out into something useful. I just don't think that'll ever happen.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-11-2017, 00:11:19 »
Iirc "kills" by the arty actually don't count as normal kills. You get points for doing stuff, like droping supplies and using artillery, but it's different from the "normal" killcount.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-11-2017, 09:11:43 »
Iirc "kills" by the arty actually don't count as normal kills. You get points for doing stuff, like droping supplies and using artillery, but it's different from the "normal" killcount.
Oh. Is that only recently changed,because I remember before you did get kills (remember once on supercharge LONG time before/2014).

well i would love commander if it was fleshed out into something useful. I just don't think that'll ever happen.
I just posted about markers and arty spots would really push commander into gameplay value person.

Its just I just see that devs are always around new maps,vehs while teamwork was always not important. I really prefer being commander and I see 70% time map that can have commander has one. Ah.....

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-12-2017, 15:12:10 »
our right kills with commander arty will give you points, indirect kills ie the arty blows up a jeep and then the jeep blowing up kills a person will give you kills

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-12-2017, 00:12:57 »
our right kills with commander arty will give you points, indirect kills ie the arty blows up a jeep and then the jeep blowing up kills a person will give you kills
OK, but how would the commander mentioned in the first post get 0 kills even though he killed with arty?

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-12-2017, 16:12:52 »
a few patches ago it was changed so commanders get points not kills when they kill with commander arty