Author Topic: some fh2 fan nerd can help that big problem  (Read 1808 times)

Offline riddik3xt

• View Profile
some fh2 fan nerd can help that big problem
« on: 15-01-2012, 23:01:14 »
hi,i'm luca from italy i'm 35 and i like war game,i start play bf2 so long time ago,now i download and play many mods,and i find much impressive this mod,i download and install fh2.2,good work guys that mod is awesome!!!!   

but   i've 2 problem:

1) some map as "operation cobra" is only for conquest mode,i'll whant to play in coop and single player.(i see a flamethrower hide in an house but i whant use in co-op) how can i edit or modify settings to do that? to use conquest level on co-op or single player? i try all modes to modify server zip\gamemode... but nope 

2) i'll whant play multiplayer game but crash at the end of the loading why?

and last question,wich mod i must install fh2.3? or 2.4 or... i like normandy with amphibious veichle there are in the 2.5 instead?
please answer me,italian forum don't khnow nothing about that problem...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: some fh2 fan nerd can help that big problem
« Reply #1 on: 16-01-2012, 08:01:39 »
Op. Cobra works in COOP already.
You have the flamethrower on the beach at Point du Hoc. It doesnt really have an anphibious aspect as yet because bots need to climb cliffs, but I am still doing research to see how we can come up with a work-around.

I cant promise you anything there, but at least you, the player can find the flamethrower on the beach and use it against the enemy.

You need to install:
1. BF2
2. Patch 1.41
3. Patch 1.50
4. FH2.4

That is all you need. Try a clean install and see if that solves it for you.

You can also get beta downloads from this side of the forum for Hurtgen forest and Vossnack.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-01-2012, 12:01:34 »
G'day mate, welcome to the forum.

Great thread title... ;D

As djinn said, go and download FH2 2.4.

Singleplayer/Coop has improved a lot since 2.2, more maps have bot support, there's not as many crashes, etc, etc.

The reason you can't play online/multiplayer is because you are running an old version (all the FH2 servers are running 2.4).

What about the church on Luttich? Isn't the flamethrower in SP/Coop? I forget...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-01-2012, 16:01:02 »
It is. And it has AI code now, so you can use it in COOP.

Offline riddik3xt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-01-2012, 17:01:23 »
thnks mate i try to dowload 2.4 and see how many co-op map can i play with my firend. thanks for the hint of flamethrouer location. i hope to try soon normandy amphibious i like too much. another question... is possible to set up bot as commander? so i can play as scuad leader and request artillery support at bot commander. some mods can do this someone khnows how can i set up AI to do this? thanks so much,i hope to meet you in multiplayer!

riddik3xt-italy

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-01-2012, 10:01:38 »
No it's not, when DICE made the 1.5 patch they broke the AI commander.

I have two versions of BF2 installed: 1.5 (for FH2) and 1.41 (for AIX)... ;)

If you want to know how to set yours up the same way, let me know.

Offline riddik3xt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-01-2012, 11:01:47 »
thnks cannonfodder. yes i whant khnow about set up same way of patch the game. and if i use fh2 with 1.41 what i less? and another question i found this site who give many fh2,2.2,2.4,2.6 i can lose my head too many installa and patch 2.6 is better than 2.4? someone can esplain me?
« Last Edit: 17-01-2012, 13:01:59 by riddik3xt »

Offline riddik3xt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-01-2012, 11:01:26 »
and someone here is an haker can esplain how to edit some settings to play conquest map to co op?  :'( :'(

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-01-2012, 15:01:50 »
erm...

Here is the thing,

You cant play Conquest map in COOP. You can try, but it will CTD instantly. You switch the selecter to Conquest, select a map, then switch to COOP. Map remains selected, then start game. It WILL CTD.

The only way a map works in COOP, IS if it is COOP.

2.6 doesn't exist. The latest FH2 version is Fh 2.4, that introduces Winter maps from the Ardenne and what I can only call colourization of all maps, plus new AI for 2 Bulge maps.

Most Conquest maps have COOP support. You just dont get AI support for the following is all:
1. Vossnack
2. Hurtgen Forest
3. Bardia
4. Bastogne

Otherwise ALL of some 31 maps have AI.

You can still get 3 of those maps with AI IF you DL it at the singleplayer download section. It may be that I don't understand what you are actually asking for, but I think this sufficiently answers it as far as I can tell.

Please clarify if it doesn't

Offline riddik3xt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-01-2012, 17:01:01 »
ok,now i undestrand all i need. but remains that still can't play multiplayer.i follow all the way. install bf2,patch 1.4 and 1.5 than install fh2.4 password and play multiplayer,but crash you can say me somethings abut that? thanks so much for all support

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #10 on: 17-01-2012, 19:01:33 »
If you have ati/amd graphic card, turn off anti-aliasing from video options. For me it atleast ctds after map load, only splashes in the spawn screen and ctds
CMP Gaming

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-01-2012, 07:01:06 »
Ok, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall BF2 (because you can't unpatch the game), then...

1. Install BF2.

2. Patch BF2 to 1.41 (but DO NOT install 1.5 yet).

3. Here's the trick: Go into your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games' folder and make a copy of the 'Battlefield 2' folder, leave it in the EA Games folder but rename it to 'Battlefield 2 v1.41' (this will be your BF2 1.41 folder).

4. Now install the 1.5 patch (it will only patch the Battlefield 2 folder, not the copy).

You should now have 2 folders in your 'EA Games' folder: Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 v1.41

Install FH2/PR in the Battlefield 2 folder, and any other mods in the Battlefield 2 v1.41 folder (just don't forget to change the install location when you install anything into your v1.41 folder).

For any mods you install in the v1.41 folder (e.g: AIX), you'll also have to edit the 'Target' and 'Start in...' lines in your desktop shortcut's Properties, e.g: Target: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2 v1.41\...'

About the crashes: Does it crash if you try to join a normal BF2 server?

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-01-2012, 08:01:13 »
Does 2.4 patch work with 1.41?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-01-2012, 08:01:09 »
Not sure, I haven't tried it but I think djinn has... :-\

Offline aserafimov

• Developer