Author Topic: ste_mere_eglaise texture issue  (Read 1751 times)

Offline default_player

• View Profile
ste_mere_eglaise texture issue
« on: 20-06-2011, 04:06:15 »
First off, great mod. FH2.3 is a ton of fun even with bots. Also, thanks to whoever manages the site layout for putting the maps in chronological order. I'm just about ready to wrap up the north African campaign after about a month of play.

I'm aware that ste_mere_eglaise is a 3rd party map to the mod, and not technically included with the initial release. Although chronologically, ste_mere would pre-date pointe_due_hoc by a few hours for the invasion of France, which is why I'd like to see if I could get the following issue resolved. It seems to be a texture mapping issue of some kind, all of the soldiers, weapons, and other minor details like barbed wire and some other statics just appear solid green (attached pic) Is there an ini setting of some type to correct this problem?

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: ste_mere_eglaise texture issue
« Reply #1 on: 20-06-2011, 06:06:10 »
great, now noone could hide from you in the darkness!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-06-2011, 08:06:59 »
Cool, radioactive soldiers... :)

I haven't seen this particular issue before, and it seems rather strange that it only affects one level.

Where did you DL it from?

At a guess I'd say try DL'ing it again, maybe the files got corrupted... :-\

BTW, welcome to the forum mate... :)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-06-2011, 08:06:14 »
Woooaahhh! the green ghost! lol!
Some of your files might have corrupted. Try re-downloading the map!

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-06-2011, 16:06:28 »
I don't honesty recall where I got the map from (I'm sure it was from a past thread here) I've downloaded as many add on maps for 2.3 as I can find throughout the forum the past few months. This one though is the only map both official and unofficial to the 2.3 release that I have encountered this problem with.

When you launch the game, select this map, the credit on the image displayed for it reads - created by team cont@ct! and it is 16 player.

So I'm not sure where even to re-download this particular map.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-06-2011, 00:06:11 »
This very section should have a 16 size version (I believe its the only one with AI done by Zxx43. Here is the link
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13191.0

Another link can be found here, along with some other interesting custom maps.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13900.0

I really wish Zxx43 would take it on to add a x64 sized version of this, as that includes anti-tank, AA, a jeep with .50cal, a puma and I think some light or medium armor.

I hope one of these links contains a fixed version of the map

Welcome to the most supportive part of the forum. Stick around, and try this section for your Singleplayer delight.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6539.0

Also, please feel free to inform us of all and any issues you may be experiencing in SP maps or with general AI. We have tried in the past to incorporate all changes we gather here into a neat list on google SP bug tracker (http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13971.0), and we hope this informs the SP dev/ devs to further improve AI further.

Regards,

Djinn

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-06-2011, 03:06:48 »
Thanks for digging those links out and the response. I'm figuring the first link is what I would need, but it's throwing up a 404 error. The follow up link with the four pack is where I obtained it before, and still generates the 'green' issue. Even so, I am not complaining. There is enough maps default even to keep the mod fresh even without a pacific and eastern front.

I used to feel that project reality was the epitome of bf2 modding (not whatsoever anymore) The fun factor of fh 2.3 outclasses everything. There is almost no vanilla content at all re-used, and easily you can tell a lot of thought and labor went into this thing. Had the tank/vehicle system employed the two player 'realism' hitch in where it takes ten seconds to transfer to the turret - would have killed a ton of the fun factor. The animations from prone with the LMG's is second to none. And no medic (thank you) Dropping a bot with a Garand only to have him 'revived' in under five seconds is something that makes a big difference. Had that been the case, I honestly would have edited the revive kit myself. What I've seen previewed for 2.4 will set this mod apart from anything else.

If only you guys could take on a vietnam era modification. That's asking way too much of course, but I would honestly take a fh2 vietnam style mod than a pr style mod any day of the week. Thanks again. 

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-06-2011, 08:06:13 »
No argument here - But I will steer away from any comment myself on PR. Glad you enjoy this mod for what it tries to be.

Yes, I think with the improved AI for 2.3 (That's Remick you should be thanking), along with other additions in Conquest side, and what 2.4 seeks to bring, I know Fh2 has pretty much left the 'BF2 mod' definition :)

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-06-2011, 06:06:41 »
But I will steer away from any comment myself on PR.

understood there.

Also, one little minor tweak I came up with last night which was just a spur of the moment type thing (and no idea if there is any interest officially or otherwise in this) -- spatter texture for the field dressings. Since they ultimately get  discarded on the ground, I came up with this minor edit. So far, I only have the brits done, but simple to transfer to the other packs. If any interest, I will pass along. Thanks again.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-06-2011, 09:06:06 »
Good show old chap, I like it... :)

If you add it to the other armies, upload the files and I'll put a link to them in the DL sticky.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-06-2011, 10:06:25 »
It might be a bit weird though, because the bandage as it appears is unused. There is no animation for use, and when it dropped, it is not being discarded - Don't forget, it is still unused at this point. So I dunno...

Its nice, but its like having blood on the bayonet when fixed... It seems like something of unnecessary cosmetics to me.

however, you clearly have some skill. I'd much like to see your work, as I sure the rest of the community would. This goes beyond just singleplayer...  I think the modding sub-forum should be your playground.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-06-2011, 10:06:27 »
I was thinking along the lines of:

Soldier gets shot, blood everywhere, only natural that some of it would end up on the bandage, even before it's used to dress the wound... :-\

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-06-2011, 12:06:35 »
Still a bit gratuitous since the Soldier wasn't carrying the bandage when he got shot, but probably had it tucked away in some kit of his.

But hey, its just me - I'm all for modifications.

That said, wouldn't it be the same bloodied bandage you have even without getting shot.

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-06-2011, 02:06:57 »
I was thinking along the lines of:

Soldier gets shot, blood everywhere, only natural that some of it would end up on the bandage, even before it's used to dress the wound... :-\

my exact line of thought behind it. This is single player minded also. Here is the link to the dressings and a screen of the other two packs. Installation is simple if you've ever edited bf2 packed rars before. DDS files go to the corresponding folders in your weapons/client/handheld rar

link -- http://www.mediafire.com/?rg9675m9m2xux4m

I agree too that adding this to stabbing or melee weapons would be going too far. The only thing personally I'd like to see out of fh2 is different postures for some of the weapons. Take the anti-tank weapons, it would add a bit I think if these were carried in one arm by the hip, or slung over the back until prone position is obtained to aim/target with them. Carrying a boys, switching than to a pistol, then 500 paces later drawing the boys back out of thin air...Would be nice to see an alternative to that. Such as once reverting to the pistol or other hand held item, the heavy weapon is discarded automatically (or dropped)

Probably close to impossible to achieve though the way bf2 kits are implemented. And even minor animations are a headache to do I'm sure.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-06-2011, 07:06:44 »
its more that the engine wont support having the gun slung over the back since that would be a part of the player model and needs to change when the gun is active. It will have to be there at all times, even IF another is in hand, or not at all.

With the animations, I always wanted to see a complex animation for artillery, where the man fires, manually reloads and gets back to fire position on the howitzer, all the time making for a dynamic target. But alas.

Great work though. I am curious to find out what other skills you have with modding. I am sure we could do with a modder in the fan-modding arena.