Author Topic: PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh
« on: 02-02-2018, 23:02:55 »
Hey there,

I'm surprised, no topics were made for this upcoming title.

PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh is a tactical FPS with manned ground vehicles from jeep to tanks.

It will have 3 gamemodes (Stratagem, Offensive and Sandbox), 5 maps (a total of 140kmĀ²) and a very good amount of assets, (50 vehicles and 30 weapons).

Also, do note that cannons are operated with only keyboard WASD and use real rate of rotations, one fast and one for precision adjustments.

Spitfires (gun run) , Mosquitos (bomb  run) , BF109 (gun run) and Stukas (bomb run) are called by the commander and are Off Map assets.

The game is based on the events of September 1944 during Operation Market Garden since this particular theater is not really much represented in games.

The maps will be the recreation of real terrain, each field designed was an actual field back then. The city of Arhem will be released also.

The engine of the game is from Squad but is standalone and will most likely represents other theater (if the game is sucessful) such as North Africa, Ostfront or Normandy in their future episodes since The Bloody Seventh is the first one.

But enough said, as images and videos are the best to show off a video game, I link you some gameplay of the closed alpha playtest of this month and the official PS youtube channel.

GAMEPLAY:

Karmakut's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vs61IKxjmg
Nano's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAb-LLdPNio
SlickBee's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk6HbDW09qA

PS OFFICIAL YOUTUBE:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Xl-vuThkFEGHlJO3CuEsg

For my part, I will not play FH2 as often as I did once this game will be released, and I will most likely never play it again when Hell Let Loose (Normandy and Ardennes theaters) will be released later on.

Pretty exciting, right? Amazed by the sound design!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh
« Reply #1 on: 03-02-2018, 01:02:18 »
Only form of Squad that Im excited about tbh.  :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-02-2018, 05:02:32 »
There's much discussion of this in the discord. 8) the more I see of it, the more excited I get.

The slow paced gameplay of Squad isn't really my thing, but I might give this a try if I keep liking what they show. The effects/ sounds are incredible and they said they're going to be updating the animations and player models, so I'm excited.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-02-2018, 09:02:27 »
This has flown totally under my radar, never seen or heard of it before. It does look cool though.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-02-2018, 15:02:38 »
As Matthew_Baker said, we talked about it in the discord channel. (we follow many ww2 game this way).
I'm following it since its beginning as a mod (before becoming a standalone).
The alpha was a disappointement but the current media release (video) proves it has improved a lot.
I just hope the gameplay won't be about spending 45minutes trying to fond/waiting the  enemy and battle with only a few player.

hell let loose might need a thread here (and enlisted)

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-02-2018, 16:02:08 »
Well I enjoy realistic games where staying alive means not to have to spawn far away and re do everything from the get go.

This is the difference between fast paced (FH2) where you spawn almost directly into the action and your life isn't that important and slow paced ( PS) where loosing a squad member means a lot and actually stop the squad advance. You actually look your environment, try to stay under the radar like real soldiers do. And I think the sound design of PS is actually enhancing this state of mind. You can almost smell the powder in the air.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-02-2018, 18:02:02 »
I was around during last week's alpha playtest. Maaaan, the sound is amazing! And they didn't tell us there were planes, haha, so when the first planes when overhead, everybody crapped themselves :D.

The planes aren't player controlled by the way. The commander can target an area where planes either do a strafe run or drop bombs.

Gameplay vids here!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-02-2018, 18:02:56 »
Why do all video games about World War II have such weird names?

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-02-2018, 18:02:31 »
Why do all video games about World War II have such weird names?

The war was so far reaching you can't help but get poetic?  ;)

As to Post Scriptum, they explained that the name comes from the universal practice of writing letters home.  They chose this name to act as a brand name instead of WW2-specific as they could possibly branch out to other wars.

This is the one game that I am extremely excited about!

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-02-2018, 18:02:15 »
 WOW! Never heard of this. Most impressive.

Could this be FH3 in disguise. I think it could.

Will you be able to buy this off of steam?

Also its interesting they are using the swastika symbol.
« Last Edit: 03-02-2018, 19:02:23 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-02-2018, 19:02:08 »
Yes, they'll release on Steam.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03-02-2018, 22:02:51 »

If the devs ever decide to move onto FH3 it looks like it would make a good starting point, assuming it supports mods (which I assume it would, given that it started as a mod).

Watching unedited gameplay makes it look rather boring in its current form though, it's clearly much slower paced than FH2.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-02-2018, 02:02:24 »

If the devs ever decide to move onto FH3 it looks like it would make a good starting point, assuming it supports mods (which I assume it would, given that it started as a mod).

Watching unedited gameplay makes it look rather boring in its current form though, it's clearly much slower paced than FH2.
Yeah it's definitely not FH3; it's what PR would be if FH2 content was handed over to them, like some wanted.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-02-2018, 12:02:20 »
Does this feature disgusting and out of place gimmicks such as building structures that Project Reality or Squad have? Or even more out of place things such as "logistics" that Hell Let Loose will have?

Without that and as long as they stick to just or mostly infantry, it does look interesting.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-02-2018, 19:02:48 »
Yes, you'll be able to build stuff. FOBs will be a thing, around which you can build defenses like sandbags, barbed wire and what not.

It's not the same as in PR, they have different rules in place. There was a dev video a while back which explained what they were working on.

Logistics will be a thing as well.

Also, I'm fairly certain the game will have mod support at some point, so in a way could still be a base for "FH3", I suppose.