Author Topic: Modding Software  (Read 387 times)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Modding Software
« on: 04-07-2012, 00:07:30 »
So yeah, everything about modelling, mixing, image manipulation software, advances in the technology, what not to buy and so on. Whats cheap, whats high-quality, etc.

I'll start off. I used to do some modelling, getting back into it now. My question is, is TurboCAD 15 still pretty good for professional standards? 4 years is a fairly long time far as technology goes.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Software
« Reply #1 on: 04-07-2012, 08:07:17 »
Depends on what you want to do. I guess you are looking for something to use privately?

No big company (engineering sector) in my neck of the woods uses TurboCAD anymore. It's either  PTC's CREO or Dassault's SolidEdge/CATIA.
« Last Edit: 04-07-2012, 08:07:29 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Leibermuster

• View Profile
Re: Modding Software
« Reply #2 on: 04-07-2012, 18:07:08 »

No big company (engineering sector) in my neck of the woods uses TurboCAD anymore. It's either  PTC's CREO or Dassault's SolidEdge/CATIA.

From Dassault, I absolutely love Solidworks. heard good and bad things from Inventor, Autodesk's product on the segment. I haven't tested it extensively, but seemed to be a good software. VERY robust(as in bug-free).

Also, had training with another french software, from Missler Software: TopSolid. One word: BUGGED. It has tons of features, but they don't seem to work the way they were intended to.