Author Topic: Militaria  (Read 225105 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Re: Militaria
« Reply #2640 on: 14-04-2014, 07:04:13 »
And here I am, waiting 5 and a half months already for my licence on my k11...  :-\
Heh my friend walked into a gunshow, found it, bought it, and walked out with it all in a span of 30 minutes. Sorry.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: 15-04-2014, 22:04:32 »
No worries, i am not jelly, i have a lot of patience.

I am calling police for a check-up at the 6 months mark, Theta had his on 5 months so it cant be much longer.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: 02-05-2014, 18:05:46 »
Great find or...?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/An-Exceptionally-Rare-WW2-Stowa-KM-German-Kriegsmarine-Deck-Pocket-Watch-c-1942-/331191397182?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4d1c8bab3e

From all the research I've been able to pour through it looks 100% authentic. My hesitation is on the price (ouch), and the rarity. I don't want to spend the money on it only to find out it has little in the way of value. Anyone have any books on German military watches they can look into?

I should also mention I requested images of the back of the case from the seller. It's complete with stamped numbers and the German military insignia one would expect from that era. Hat's off to the seller for the discretion in not posting pictures of that symbol.
« Last Edit: 02-05-2014, 18:05:44 by TASSER »
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: 02-05-2014, 19:05:55 »
It seems really really expensive for a watch. from time to time i see regular WW2 watches go for a few hunderd euro, no more.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: 02-05-2014, 19:05:51 »
To expensive. For that kind of money, you can buy a authentic 18th century pocket watch. These watches here are mass produced. I estimated the value between 100 and 250€ max

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: 02-05-2014, 19:05:56 »
Great, thanks for the input guys! I may keep an eye on the watch and try to talk him down if he doesn't sell it in the next couple weeks.

I'm just not sure if the piece is genuinely quite rare and warrants the price.

Worst case scenario, I don't spend a ton of my money on a watch that will never leave my desk. Time will tell... (no pun intended)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: 02-05-2014, 20:05:38 »
Hint: I still sell that SMLE and the Black Watch NCO cap badge. There is a lot more, so if you need anything, please feel free to ask  ;D .

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: 07-05-2014, 05:05:09 »
Hey all! I'm back with another video, this time featuring my new Gew 88 Commission Rifle, plus my friend's Swiss rifle.

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PGqsID130&feature=gp-n-y

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: 08-05-2014, 00:05:56 »
Hint: I still sell that SMLE and the Black Watch NCO cap badge. There is a lot more, so if you need anything, please feel free to ask  ;D .
Ooh you're selling an SMLE?  Are you in the States?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: 08-05-2014, 04:05:18 »
I am residing in Texas, indeed. I am happy to hear that you are interested in my SMLE. Here is the Armslist ad: http://www.armslist.com/posts/2799681/dallas-texas-rifles-for-sale--unissued-1943-lithgow-no-1-mk--iii--smle

Please let me know what you think  :D ! I also have a 1916 dated P-1907 Bayonet in similar shape in case you need it.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: 11-05-2014, 01:05:16 »
I am now the proud new owner of a Mosin Nagant and am currently experiencing the joys of Cosmoline.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 12-05-2014, 23:05:38 »
I was shocked to find myself becoming almost more enamoured of my Mosin than of my SMLE. Those are lovely. Believe me, this one of the finest and sturdiest rifles ever designed. Additionally ammunition is really cheap. I bought myself a box of 7.62x54r containing two 440rnd cans, luckily I got the chance to buy the Hungarian manufactured rounds. I am in a dilemma here: I want a Webley Mk. VI, I know that I could get a shaved one easily but there is no source for .45 ACP rounds loaded to .455 Mk. II specifications with the correct roundnose bullet. Does anyone of you gentlemen handload these and would mind to share a few with me? I would provide the brass for you, I have a lot of that. Also, if anyone needs a really nice 1916 dated Sanderson bayonet, just let me know. I am also always open for cheap .303 Mk. VII rounds. One nice thing about the Mosin is that almost every nation in the world used them at one time or another, be it regular issue or as a Beutegewehr.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 13-05-2014, 18:05:14 »
Argh, i hate the way the mossin looks!

Can't help much, isn't there a factory that still make them? i thought i saw some boxes of .455 that looked sort of recent. I don't handload, although i would like to. but i don't shoot enough to make it profitable.

I have a nice bayonet already buddy, no interest :)

Price here is 17 euro per 20 rounds, i don't think you want it at that price.

Try not to put 4 questions in 1 paragraph please. its a bit confusing.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 13-05-2014, 18:05:52 »
Sorry for the lousy texture of my post  :-[ . In fact, Fiocchi still makes those but only in very limited amounts. I just found a die for the .455 roundnose bullet for $120, since I have tons of .45 ACP brass it might be time to start re-loading. I agree, the Mosin is a tad controversial when incomes to it's looks, either one likes it or one does not. I plan on going to the range on Thursday again to shoot my SMLE and hopefully soon my No. 4. Also, I do have a little problem here: The bore of my SMLE (the shooting/re-enacting one) is a tad rusty. It is not terrible, but it does keep me awake at night. There is an orange hue throughout it, but no "real" damage yet. Does anyone have any advice regarding this truly unpleasant occurrence? By the way, yes, I DO clean it properly.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 13-05-2014, 19:05:39 »
Could it be the copper that somehow coated the inside of the barrel? i have no clue here.
I always put a coating of oil in my barrel when i store them after cleaning and plug the end of the barrel so no light comes in, never had corrosion that way, don't forget to go true it with a brush though before shooting, you don't want to much oil in it when shooting.

aah, yes Fiocchi, they still make some obscure calibres from time to time.

If i am not mistaken the original lead nosed .455 are illegal since its basicly a dum dum. it needs a jacket.