Author Topic: Operation Supercharge 64  (Read 25645 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Supercharge 64
« Reply #45 on: 25-10-2018, 15:10:59 »
Changelog for 2.54:

- Tweak OOB area to make baserape harder
- delete Panzer III at first flag
- remove spawn points that were inside flagzones, especially in the first part of the map
- Increase flag radius at first flag

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20-07-2019, 14:07:36 »
I like this map a lot, but most people I talk to dislike this a lot, because... "too hard for allies". Well, I always just reply that allies need to teamplay better... Anyway, here are some suggestions to make it easier.

-Have the axis airforce, or atleast the stuka, spawn with a delay. Just give it a timer at round start? Have it spawn once allies hold both south flags? Something else? The axis have the better planes on this one and with the combination of better planes, AA guns and 88's the initial push to south takes too long ticketwise.

-Remove the trees from Allied airfield or atleast the trees behind the beaufighter. Allied airforce is really slowed down because of the airfield layout and it takes like 3-4 minutes to land, repair and take off with those trees blocking "2-way" movement. If there was no trees, landing the beaufighter would actually be a quicker option to kamikazing it after you dropped bombs and waiting for respawn.

-Do axis really need 4 mobile AA (or is it 3 mobiles... still it's a lot.)? How many does allies have? Allies could use one more atleast, maybe even 2.

-Add another AA gun in allied main base to atleast try to prevent the stuka killing tanks right outside of main. 1 bofors and 1 mobile AA get taken down so easily, that maybe another AA could improve the situation.

-What about making the Ghazal Stn capzone bigger, so it's viable for tanks to cap it aswell? First 3 flags cannot really be capped with tanks - how about making the 4th flag a "tank flag"? Even if the allies manage to cap the first 3, the attack usually gets bogged down at Ghazal. I don't even remember when I've seen fighting in El Daba...

-I also would increase the out of bounds area for planes atleast in the north of the map. Allied planes have a hard time leaving main without being seen or shot at by axis.

-Since the axis rarely bleed on this map - how about making them lose tickets after losing flags? I don't remember the ticket amounts, but just as an example: If axis start with 800 tickets, what about losing 50 tickets from both south flags? As I said, just as an example and I do not remeber the ticket amounts, so don't cling on those numbers and just think about the idea instead of replying to the numbers.
This would make the axis defend the 2 south flags harder, but once greyed, they'd have to choose whether they can cap it back and hold it, or would they risk losing another 50 tickets after it's greyed the 2nd time. This would then lead to the fight possibly moving quicker towards west - which is the "main direction" after all.

-Someone waaaaaaay back in time already mentioned moving Allied tank spawns forward once they cap flags. I agree with that.

-What about making the 3rd flag also uncappable for axis once lost?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21-07-2019, 23:07:24 »
The problem with this map is not usually that the Allies can't win (they can, provided they don't get stuck on the 3rd flag) but that the endgame is so utterly boring and consists entirely of grenade spamming in a shoebox sized town.

I don't really have an idea how to fix this but I do have fond memories of this operation depicted in COD2 and there it was a much bigger town with a layout that would make for some interesting urban fighting, even in FH2.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22-08-2020, 04:08:12 »
I think TS forgot to post these changes in here.

Changelog for 2.55

-German armor except 1 PIII only spawns once the two southern flags are locked

Changelog for 2.56
- make all flags grey faster
- make the first 4 flags capture easier