Author Topic: Brazil is needing attention as well...  (Read 757 times)

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
Brazil is needing attention as well...
« on: 16-06-2013, 05:06:51 »
Ok,I know this thread seems to be a copycat of Turkish007 one,but the situation is getting pretty critical in Brazil.
There was a protest on monday against the raise of the bus and train fare on my city,São Paulo.Police promptly acted against it.It seemed to everyone (except me) it was just another protest organized by opposing parties.The next day another protest occured at Paulista Avenue,the Wall Street of São Paulo.Again,the protest was crushed,but this time,more violently.Further protests happened this week,with a great increase in protesters and in violence from the part of the police.This wednesday,things started to get out of control.
Police is viciously shooting,beating,gassing and arresting everyone.People that were just passing by,reporters from different newspapers and sites (some from large news agencies) and protesters that kneeled down with hands up or with flowers at hands.
There are many reports of awful situations,like a reporter shot in the eye,another reporter that will lose his sight,police gassing a petrol station that had children inside some of the cars,people that recorded the protests from their apartments being shot,police breaking inside an hospital to capture an injured protester while the patients urged them to stop,a prosecutor at Facebook asking the police to kill the protesters,a video of policemen breaking their own car...And that only at my city.
The protest are spreading through the country,some repressed with almost as equal violence and some that thankfully weren't.If you watched today's Confederations Cup match,you probably saw some large crowd outside the stadium.
Public opinion drastically changed at the week.People from different political orientations and ages started to support the protests or at least disagree with the government.News coverage outside Brazil is growing and some people from different countries are supporting us.

I know you have nothing to do with this,but more people outside this country must know what's cooking on the WC and Olympic Games host.

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
Re: Brazil is needing attention as well...
« Reply #1 on: 16-06-2013, 07:06:30 »
Man, i was going to participate one of these protests (Rio - Niterói), but instead i just stayed home( Lazyness ), I don`t know what happene to the protest. But i knew that was going to be big. Also theres nothing big in that, i think that this shit will pass soon and all the fuck will get back to normal.
« Last Edit: 16-06-2013, 07:06:11 by RommelBr »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-06-2013, 10:06:48 »
Stay strong, Brazil! We have all seen what the police is capable of, but the people have bigger capabilities if they organise! I hope you guys reach your goal, good luck over there.  :)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-06-2013, 12:06:10 »
So basically, the ruling party cannot accept that there are a lot of people that disagree with SOME of their policies and then starts blaming the opposition and basically everyone else out there while day dreaming that there must be some of their supporters laying silent?

That's typical Iran, Philippines, Thailand, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria, Venezuela, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Indonesia... wait...

Really, democracy shouldn't be run on less educated country. It happens very often here in Indonesia as well. When will the idiotic "democracy" franchiser learn? You need to establish educated people first, before turning a country's governance into democratic system.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-06-2013, 05:06:56 »
This monday will be crucial.

Offline RonidLanis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-06-2013, 23:06:28 »
Really, democracy shouldn't be run on less educated country. It happens very often here in Indonesia as well. When will the idiotic "democracy" franchiser learn? You need to establish educated people first, before turning a country's governance into democratic system.

Ok, so what is the other option? Dictatorship? Communism? Problem with our modern world is that even though democracy has lots of flaws and is not what it was supposed to be, there is no other system that can be established instead. I know what you mean, though I live in the centre in Europe. I to disagree that democracy is the best political system ever, but there's no other option, at least none that would be in any case better.

I hope you'll deal with your gov in Brazil and in Turkey, remember though that this are democracies, which means that people chose those who rule them. You too!

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-06-2013, 01:06:14 »
The thing is really historic at Brazil!People climbed over the National Congress at Brasilia!Rio de Janeiro is boiling,São Paulo is growing!Other state capitals are having their own protests and even small cities!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-06-2013, 05:06:35 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22946736

It is on the news now.

Our leader once said about "Democracy Leadership" kinda fake democracy, limiting several basic democratic rights e.g. directly voting your president, instead you elect the parliament who will then elect the president. This is bullshit, because once a president controls the whole political arena, he will be constantly re-elected. But then, it depends on the constitution. The result is, it worked in People's Republic of China.

Democracy doesn't mean you can hurt other people or destroy their properties in order to get heard. Everyone get equal rights.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-06-2013, 05:06:39 »
The bus fare was reduced at almost all cities!However,things are getting obscure now.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-06-2013, 09:06:26 »
I heard it on TV, looks like everything the protesters demanded were done.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-06-2013, 12:06:07 »
So, Erdogan sat the riot into a plane and sent it far away to the other side of the globe. And he and CNNTürk think they can get away with this? Very obviously this is a conspiracy against Brazil, led by the media and the turkish government. I can assure you, those who interfere with the internal affairs of Brazil, will see that the fate of those who mess around with Brazil is not all that good.
Err wait, did I mess things up here?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-06-2013, 14:06:38 »
However,things are getting obscure now.
I read that there were also protesters who were protesting against the lowering of the busfares...

And this whole Romario thing, does it have any chance?

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-06-2013, 23:06:42 »
Actually,the protests are getting too general (although valid).The problem is that the movement is not going anywhere,and if it's going,it is going to a very bad path,one we in Brazil know from a long time,as Europe do.
There are speculations that the protests are being taken by far right elements.Even neo nazis are on it.
The initially valid "no parties" policy is transforming into mob violence against people with any red cloth or flag.And there's also a relevant movement advocating the removal of presidente Dilma from the power.
I guess you all know this story from not so much time ago...