Author Topic: Avatar plot fail  (Read 10794 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar plot fail
« Reply #30 on: 11-01-2010, 15:01:24 »
It was a good movie, simple story but beautifully made, and you guys who admire work done by other people, like your very own mod team, should admire those graphics as well ...
*Runs like hell*
I admire FH2, they are honest and fair in their work, Cameron isn't.

But, (and it's a "I like big buttz and I cannot lie") if the notion is that Cameron regurgitated an age old classic tale, then surely FH2 as a mod is equally guilty of the same sentiment against WW2.

(btw it's my birthday everything I say on this day is right and you are not allowed to disagree)

Congratulations and true words are spoken. The plot in this movie doesn't matter, it's more about the way it is told.
Which movie has an original plot anyway these days, all stories all already told.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline granpa_jo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-01-2010, 15:01:26 »
It was a good movie, simple story but beautifully made, and you guys who admire work done by other people, like your very own mod team, should admire those graphics as well ...
*Runs like hell*

But, (and it's a "I like big buttz and I cannot lie") if the notion is that Cameron regurgitated an age old classic tale, then surely FH2 as a mod is equally guilty of the same sentiment against WW2.

(btw it's my birthday everything I say on this day is right and you are not allowed to disagree)

Congratulations and true words are spoken. The plot in this movie doesn't matter, it's more about the way it is told.
Which movie has an original plot anyway these days, all stories all already told.

Hooray! Someone with reason in their thinking!

All stories have been told.  There are only so many ways you can tell an "Us vs. Them" movie.  About all you can hope for these days is interesting dialog between the characters.  Chances are pretty high that if you go see a sci-fi movie, you've already seen it dozens of times before with different actors and setting.  Just sit back, and enjoy the movie as a slightly enjoyable waste of 2-3 hours and relax.

Dunno, but to me, getting all irate and hate-filled over a sci-fi movie being predictably familiar is like buying a car and then complaining that you have to fill it with gas every so often.  It should be expected by now.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11-01-2010, 16:01:22 »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11-01-2010, 16:01:02 »
*Runs like hell*

One has to say though that the way it is told is not really that good in this movie as well.
Anyways, it's at least o.k., so in combination with the 3D-thing and the really well-crafted animations etc. I don't regret to have watched that movie.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #34 on: 11-01-2010, 17:01:08 »
*Runs like hell*

Seriously, it's not this Furrytale, but his other movies that are all stolen works, I simply can't enjoy a movie of such a person.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-01-2010, 18:01:47 »
The Terminator's concept was shameless ripped too  ;)

Ripped from where ?  Or do you mean Avatar is ripped from Terminator ?

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-01-2010, 18:01:02 »
I think Cameron is a quite good movie maker. Not the best, not at all the most profound, but hes master in making stories of meaningless action to become epic, with great excitement, aswell as quite realistic for being some very utopic fantasies. All movies are of course inspired by something, but many copy movies alot more directly than Cameron. I do not defend Avatar, but i do defend Terminator and Aliens mostly.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-01-2010, 18:01:15 »

Now, now children. Terminator its very, very nice movie series. Well made, good trama and all of them well done and told. It didnt rip off anyone.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #38 on: 11-01-2010, 18:01:02 »

Terminators concept was ripped, Cameron himself even admitted it. Harlan Ellison is the man who came up with some genius ideas. Cameron saw them, thought it was great, never even contacted him and said to someone else (after he wrote out the Terminator) that he ripped some of Harlan's work.

Ofcourse it's a great movie, but the story concept is ripped.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-01-2010, 19:01:37 »
I see, didnt know that.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-01-2010, 17:01:07 »
Awesome effects for sure. The visualisation of the landscape was also awesome. The story is dull and predictable. Aswell as too many stupid details who annoyed me. Like connecting their ponytail-hair to their horse. And an arrow could destroy the window of their gunships, and .... a shitload of other details.
This movie can only offer good effects, nothing else, unless youre 10 years old. But the effects/landscape is so awesome so i still would give the movie :   6/10

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-01-2010, 19:01:40 »
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass than watch Avatar!  ;D
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-01-2010, 19:01:10 »
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass than watch Avatar!  ;D

LoL so true; I really dont care about the effects but the trama. If the trama sucks no matter how good the effects are then the movie sucks. And this movie resembles Pocahontas and smurfs more than anything else.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21-01-2010, 19:01:45 »
You all suck, that was a good movie, I don't give a fuck if it's original, I didn't want Žižek, I wanted action and explosions.  And it had those.  And it was good.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-01-2010, 20:01:23 »
Good effects is awesome to watch. I could perfectly well just watch effects of explotions for 2 hours with no story at all. It would be awesome.