Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112163 times)

Offline Gluntz

• View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1545 on: 28-06-2012, 00:06:46 »
Germans ! Hello again !!  ;D

Germany deserved to win and win to Italy without problems. Good luck with Italy

See you on Sunday  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 28-06-2012, 00:06:51 »
There were a lot of goal ocassions for both teams and it was a completely breathtaking and entertaining match. I loved it. :)

(Or I may simply have a different taste, which could be that haha)
A lot? Yes, when you only watched extra time maybe. I was fooled by Spain again: they weren't gonna do anything directed at the goal of their opponent. There was one save after 90 minutes. ONE!!

There is something terrible going pn right now: there is a team which absolutely refuses to make the game attractive for people all over the world and especially fot those who pay A LOT to get into the stadiums. Yes, of course winning is nice and cool and I'd love to see my team being able to do that: winning. But I want to have fun too, it is supposed to be "entertainment". Well, this isn't. GOALS is what makes footrball cool to watch and that's what is lacking totally.

I propose a new rule for semifinals and matches like that: we play 90 minutes. When it is euqal score after that, the team which has scored the most goals before that match wins. Boredom will die soon.

I sinecrely hope games will get more attractive again.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 28-06-2012, 01:06:10 »
well they entretain us, the guys wabing flags at Madrid and celebrating the victories,thats good enought, the rest can go suck a spanish serrano ham  ;D

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 28-06-2012, 01:06:16 »
Ah Spanish fans, they remember their national team now because "we play gud football"... wait a few more years, when Spain becomes a rather mediocre football team.

I wanted Portugal to win, but Ronaldo has proven himself once again, HE IS A WALKING FREEZER.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 28-06-2012, 02:06:54 »
Luckily I didn't watch it last night. Good thing that it will lower their rating. Entertainment no more.

Might as well skip the final, because it has Spain in it. Bunch of attention-crazy boys, "oh look at me camera! Shot me while I'm dribbling this ball!"

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: 28-06-2012, 04:06:21 »
Watching Boca vs Corinthians Libertadores Final.

I'm one step close to stop watching South American football. The Brazilian guy here will surely know why. Boca fixed this match, it's a long story.

Its a mafia, orchestrated by Julio Grondona, FIFA Vice-President, the man who has been in charge of AFA for over 30 years, the man who shook hands with the biggest Argentine dictators of all time, the man that made Racing Club's life impossible, the man that created a club from nowhere, named it arsenal and also fixed everything to be the latest champion in Argentina.

I'm sick of our football, it's all about passion, but its hard to be a fan of a club like Racing Club, Grondona's favorite victim, 35 years without winning a single local title, thanks to him, 2 years in Second Division because thanks to him, nearly dissapearing in 1999/2000 thanks to him (Something like that happened to Rangers FC), playing against a Second Division team in order to avoid relegation in 2008, thanks to him, but we won that match, thanks to god.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 28-06-2012, 08:06:38 »
Another dull game. Thank you spain for making me want to sleep. Can't wait to see the germans tomorrow and hopefully see them dominate the shitty Italians

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 28-06-2012, 09:06:57 »
Watching Boca vs Corinthians Libertadores Final.

I'm one step close to stop watching South American football. The Brazilian guy here will surely know why. Boca fixed this match, it's a long story.

Its a mafia, orchestrated by Julio Grondona, FIFA Vice-President, the man who has been in charge of AFA for over 30 years, the man who shook hands with the biggest Argentine dictators of all time, the man that made Racing Club's life impossible, the man that created a club from nowhere, named it arsenal and also fixed everything to be the latest champion in Argentina.

I'm sick of our football, it's all about passion, but its hard to be a fan of a club like Racing Club, Grondona's favorite victim, 35 years without winning a single local title, thanks to him, 2 years in Second Division because thanks to him, nearly dissapearing in 1999/2000 thanks to him (Something like that happened to Rangers FC), playing against a Second Division team in order to avoid relegation in 2008, thanks to him, but we won that match, thanks to god.

Yeah in Argentina, it's mostly about populist agenda. No wonder if any politicians want to become popular, they got to get hold at the most popular source of attention there: football. I never heard about this Arsenal club, but they won the league anyway. What the heck was that for? It's a sport and entertainment. They need to keep their dirty hands out of something like football. But back then, I almost believed Chievo's achievement back in 2001 was rather fixed/calciopoli than a real miraculous performance by Manfredini/Luciano (Eriberto)/Corradi. But we never know. I sometimes love and hate surprise at the same time, I just need to know whether they are real or not.

Well, I know that some of us still valued sportsmanship above all. That's why I never become instantly enraged when my favourite club losing.

Argentinians are still lucky that they have decent team and able to perform relatively well in the International Competition. But I am ashamed to speak of my own national team and especially, its supporters. The supporters are instant-nationalists wannabe and fanatic idiots who can't understand football to the basics (like there has got to be one winner and one loser). They are in contrast with Irish supporters, who are just there to enjoy the moment and watching their comrades play.  Moreover, our association (PSSI, similar to Argentina's AFA) is corrupt as hell and our government (well, politicians) meddled too much in that business, risking a punishment from FIFA.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 28-06-2012, 11:06:48 »
People have gone so far claiming football as their own, paying tickets and complaining about the outcome watching a match and complaining it takes to long to end. You mad lol ???
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 28-06-2012, 11:06:04 »
Exactly my thoughts . ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 28-06-2012, 14:06:07 »
People have gone so far claiming football as their own, paying tickets and complaining about the outcome watching a match and complaining it takes to long to end. You mad lol ???

text in red exactly what I meant for randoom... they make it too personally because the medium is so strong, they absorb it with their entire personality. Just like religion works, and tbh, how games work as well (I am a battlefield players. As opposed to I like playing the game Battlefield)

Then the trolls on the forum who takes it even further, believing the makers of the game "owe" them something.. dude, you're a freaking customer. The game devs owe you about as much as the producers of bread owes you something for eating their bread at breakfast. At football, you're the audience. the game hasn't got anything to do with you, just as little as "Prometheus" has got anything to do with you for sitting in the cinema eating popcorn and watching it
« Last Edit: 28-06-2012, 14:06:03 by Natty »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 28-06-2012, 14:06:02 »
While I agree with much of Randooms thoughts, I don't like his methods (I've learnt the hard way to ignore people who have a different opinion on football than me).
But I definitely need to confront this:
At football, you're the audience. the game hasn't got anything to do with you
First of all, I'm assuming with "the game" you mean the actual game that is played (and not the phenomenon Football).

Either way, you are absolutely wrong. There is no way you can compare watching a football game with watching a movie at a cinema. With watching, I mean being at the arena, standing among the other fans singing.

If that still is what you believe, I refretfully have to side with Randoom. You shouldn't speak up about something you know so little about. As a die hard supporter of the swedish club AIK (which you undoubtedly know of) I do make a difference whenever I go to a game. We sing, we support the team and mentally destroy some weaker-minded opponents. I do know how much the support of the home-supporters can inspire and ignite the players, having watched games which were boycotted by fans, I have clearly seen a difference.
I want to bring up the fact that me and 9999 others have payed 150€ to be able to watch all the games. The incomes from that are really important for the clubs. But then again, you also pay to watch a movie at a cinema (even though the movie attracts a vastly larger audience).

In club football (at least in sweden) there is a rule that at least 51% of the club is to be owned by the members of the club (= the supporters). As a member, the club does owe me something. I get to vote on important decisions in the club. I want some result of that committment. I'm not just a customer.
« Last Edit: 28-06-2012, 14:06:03 by Tedacious »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 28-06-2012, 16:06:14 »
Gonna be there tonight! Yeeehaw.

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 28-06-2012, 16:06:15 »
Good post Ted.

See, I would describe you as a supporter. You go to watch your team on a regular basis, win or lose, you are actively involved in its footballing community and, despite what anyone else may say, you are a definite member of the 'club'. Without you and your fellow supporters the club would not be the same.

Natty on the other hand, from what I have read, sounds like a fan. A fan may like a certain team, follow them on television occasionally or even own a shirt. However, that's about as deep as his involvement in the club may go. Their participation in these activities does have a role to play financially but other than that the club does not depend upon them for any other purposes.

BTW, I wish we could have all been supporters of Prometheus. We could have intervened before Ridley tacked that 'ending' on. Oh dear....

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:33 »
Nice prometheus insert bahaha.

Also the spain game had more cards than shots  :o