Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112219 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1485 on: 25-06-2012, 16:06:53 »
Alright, Ronaldo and Nani vs Spain.

Also wrong, and it will be proven Wednesday.   ;)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 25-06-2012, 17:06:39 »
I think Germany - Italy might go either way.
Italy wasn't too impressive vs England, I'd say the Germans would dominate it as they did the Greeks.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 25-06-2012, 17:06:01 »
Entertainment value?

It was 0-0 for 120 minutes. And lopsided. Nothing fun in that game
and THERE your american eagerness and hunger for points/goals shows :)

0-0 does not equal boring game. This game was one of  the best 0-0  games I've seen. Despite no goals being scored, there was constant action! Never a dull moment with chances that all were on the verge of going in, and both teams had those chances, making it feel like the  game really could  go any way.

Sorry Moose, but I just can't comprehend how you can say that the game was boring

Watching england give away the ball every chance they get to hold onto it, then watching italy have 70 percent of possession, and not be able to do anything. I have loved 0-0 draws before. But this game, it was just sad. Maybe because i was cheering for england and they were disgraceful. But yeah, boring game.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 25-06-2012, 18:06:44 »
But this game, it was just sad. Maybe because i was cheering for england and they were disgraceful.
Ah, so this is the reason. I already thought so ;)

But yeah, boring game.
And actually this is about England too, right?

My bets are on Germany-Spain in the final, with a win for Germany. But I don't really care if Spain doesn't make it to the final. Becausue I disagree with Natty, not all teams which are left are boring. Just Spain.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 25-06-2012, 18:06:36 »
dont care anymore.... world cup in brazil might be more fun than just being a transport towards seeing these old boring 4 teams in the semi's.. *yawn!*  :P

then again, there arent really many teams outside of europe that have a chance, except brazil...

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 25-06-2012, 18:06:46 »
dont care anymore.... world cup in brazil might be more fun than just being a transport towards seeing these old boring 4 teams in the semi's.. *yawn!*  :P

then again, there arent really many teams outside of europe that have a chance, except brazil...

Natty have you ever played football or watch it on a regular basis, because your knowledge of it is equal to my 12 year niece.   ;D

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:23 »
Ive played football and watch the ec and wc + el and cl and im sure your niece knows more than i do!
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:02 »
I think Germany - Italy might go either way.
Italy wasn't too impressive vs England, I'd say the Germans would dominate it as they did the Greeks.

This is not the best Italian team, but they are much much better than Greece. Germany also had lapses against Greece. I still think Germany will win, but I do not think it will be any kind of domination.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:13 »
Natty have you ever played football or watch it on a regular basis, because your knowledge of it is equal to my 12 year niece.   ;D

"knowledge"?  lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_finals

pretty much only european teams in the top 3 the last 50 years, except some occasional brazil and argentina

*yawn*
« Last Edit: 25-06-2012, 22:06:36 by Natty »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:59 »
I think it won't be too easy for Spain vs Portugal. Portugal can definitely beat Spain. Their defense is very good and the Portugese players are not that pussy players. If they go for bone breaker style tacklings and play aggressive enough, Spain might get problems.

I got a new team on my hatelist with Spain. These guys make me aggressive when I see them diving over and over again. Seriously, it's a tactic of their game. They usually don't loose the ball and if they do the poor little Spanish boy falls to the ground and they get the free kick. It's a joke. I hope Portugal fucks them up, mad Pepe vs those Barca and Spanish players => Bonebreaker. I seriously got enough of that Barbie football.

Furthermore I don't want the Germany vs Spain final again. I have no doubt that we will win vs Italy.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:50 »
hoping for spain vs germany anyway, and german victory, but it really doesnt matter at all.. if germany loses against italy I probably wont watch the finals at all.. dont want to see a huge smiling Ronaldo or Torres cash in the 1st place *yuack*

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 25-06-2012, 22:06:51 »
Ive played football and watch the ec and wc + el and cl and im sure your niece knows more than i do!

Then she probably does.

hoping for spain vs germany anyway, and german victory, but it really doesnt matter at all.. if germany loses against italy I probably wont watch the finals at all.. dont want to see a huge smiling Ronaldo or Torres cash in the 1st place *yuack*

You sound like my girlfriend talking about football.

AHAHAHA
« Last Edit: 25-06-2012, 23:06:30 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 25-06-2012, 23:06:49 »
really Randoom, chill out :P

Everyone can't be equally into football. In every game, wether it is a club-game in the austrian 2nd league, or the World Cup, there will be people following just the big games; the huge extravaganza that is football. The remaining 11 months of the year they never watch a game.
I'm not reffering to anyone in these boards, as I really have no idea how much anyone here follow football, but just stating that people do that.

Judge them if you wish, but do it while ignoring them. (that's what I do, unless facing a Barca supporter who have watched 2 Barcelona games the last 4 years).

Edit: For the record, I agree with Natty in that I'd hate to see Torres kissing the trophy. Not that it will stop me from watching the biggest game of the last 2 years. I've only missed 1 game of the EC so far, I don't plan to miss another one.
« Last Edit: 25-06-2012, 23:06:57 by Tedacious »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #1498 on: 25-06-2012, 23:06:09 »
I never watch football. Except for the World and Euro Cup, since I like the nation vs nation thing. But hey, Germany-Spain final is something I expect, which is lame since that's the same as in 2008. Right? I wish England would have won, would have been a cool underdog winner.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 25-06-2012, 23:06:30 »
German national players in a nutshell: