Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112213 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1410 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:56 »
Those stats can easily prove that CR thinks he is the only guy on the pitch ;)

How can you say that when he has an average 16 assists per season ?

Do you know what an assist is ?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:55 »
Nobody says he is a bad player either. Most people can comment on the number of his assist, but it doesn't mean he doesn't share the ball, some people are much better at executing it, so he did. You know it's football. I am a different asshole, thus I prefer the emotional-melodramatic Roberto Baggio, or (in current days of football) Lionel Messi.

But yeah like I said, the wink and the spit... he acted as if Portugal should have won because they had him in it. Well, if your opponent is a better one (or luckier), then the greatest player on the planet can't do anything can't they? George Weah was a Liberian. He was world best player back in 1995. But that couldn't bring Liberia to World Cup either. When you fail at something, then your ego exploded and show it off to the public, well, I don't have to explain it here.

Regarding EPL: back in 2006, it was all the hype, people around me were talking about Liverpool, MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, and all English clubs. Thierry Henry was the hot stuff back then. He met Italy at WC2006 Final, from the "scandalous", "dirty-playing", "corruption-laden" Italian Serie-A league (major match fixing case/Calciopoli Scandal, and Gianluca Pessotto's suicide attempt). They were the darkhorse, but me and my brother viewed it differently. As soon as the play starts, it was clear that Italy is an exact match for even for one of La Liga's best players (Zidane) and EPL's best goal scorer (Henry). Controversies aside, it says everything about Italian league quality (all Italian squad members came from Serie-A clubs). You don't just judge them by looking at Champions league results and how the local bookies managed to get to the officials.

Also, I was wrong about current Italian squad. I first thought they would be massacred by Spain and won't make it through the group matches. But they prevailed.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:17 »
Those stats can easily prove that CR thinks he is the only guy on the pitch ;)

How can you say that when he has an average 16 assists per season ?

Do you know what an assist is ?
Yes, of course ;) (this type of remark of you makes Thor write that you're an elitist, btw)

But 16 assists compared to 74 goals is somewhat... unequal.

You react like I'm insulting Ronaldo and he is your best friend or something. Relax dude, we're talking football.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:24 »
We disagree in alot of points there. Put thats more then normal. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Thorondor123 called me an elitist and i consider that an insult. So he has been warned. 

Im totally relaxed, football is a subject where emotions prevail and im aware of that.  ;)

In the end we will see if Portugal will prevail, i still believe we dont have a change either agaisnt France or Spain, but i said that also vs Holland...   8)

Now back to the Ronaldo subject, having an average of 16 assists per season is more the above the average.
Having an average of 40 goals per season is more then average since he is not a striker. There are 2 only players in all the history of football capable of that, and both of them are still playing and will continue on playing for years.
So, i ask you, dont you consider Ronaldo to be one of the best in world ?
« Last Edit: 22-06-2012, 18:06:24 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:30 »

But 16 assists compared to 74 goals is somewhat... unequal.

Well, actually I hate players that takes time to find another player to score, while he himself is in a very good position to score, which is rare in important tournament games. That statistics actually says, Ronaldo did hog the ball, but for a good reason.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 22-06-2012, 18:06:37 »
So, i ask you, dont you consider Ronaldo to be one of the best in world ?
I never said that he isn't a good player :) He is also very complete, he can do every aspect of attacking football well. Defending I don't know, because he doesn't do that.

It is his behaviour that most people despise, and I totally understand that. With quotes like "It is because I'm so handsome and so good at football, that people are jealous at me" you aren't making any friends, I think. It is kind of megalomaniac.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 22-06-2012, 19:06:52 »
The thing that people dont understand and he is doing his job and he does it very well.

He does not give a flying f%# of what people think about him.

Ouside side the pitch, and Zoologic said it very well, he does alot of social work, donations, charities. Probably much more the any of us in the forum combined together.

He is a public figure yes, but people tend to look to what the magazines write and not what he actually does.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 22-06-2012, 19:06:39 »
Ouside side the pitch, and Zoologic said it very well, he does alot of social work, donations, charities. Probably much more the any of us in the forum combined together.
Yes, and that's a good thing. But he also makes more money than all of us in the forum combined together. ;)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 22-06-2012, 19:06:22 »
The man is a god, he gets payed milions, he has been tranferred for nearly 100m, plays great seasons, has an unique style, he has balls and gives a shit about his looks plus he delivers.

There is zero reason to critique this guy any other than when he plays bad matches, wich he rarely does.

Haters gonna hate.

Edit: and zoologic, if you want me to read your posts stick to the subject more and make it less in quantity, its a waste of effort cause i just dont bother anymore reading all of it. If im the only one ignore this post, if you dont care, ignore this post.
« Last Edit: 22-06-2012, 19:06:21 by Smiles »
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 22-06-2012, 19:06:36 »
Yes, and that's a good thing. But he also makes more money than all of us in the forum combined together. ;)

Obvious is obvious....

But does that make him a lesser man ?

The man is a god, he gets payed milions, he has been tranferred for nearly 100m, plays great seasons, has an unique style, he has balls and gives a shit about his looks plus he delivers.

There is zero reason to critique this guy any other than when he plays bad matches, wich he rarely does.

Haters gonna hate.

Agree totally.   ;)

« Last Edit: 22-06-2012, 20:06:36 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 22-06-2012, 19:06:24 »
Edit: and zoologic, if you want me to read your posts stick to the subject more and make it less in quantity, its a waste of effort cause i just dont bother anymore reading all of it. If im the only one ignore this post, if you dont care, ignore this post.

I was asked to explain myself, so I did. It is football, and for me it is a kind of passion. You could have read a whole book if you really give a shit about why I like this and hate that. But I don't want to torture you like that.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 22-06-2012, 20:06:30 »

Obvious is obvious....

No, I already wrote what does.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 22-06-2012, 21:06:53 »

Obvious is obvious....

No, I already wrote what does.

So having a big ego and he does, but still helping the needing and the poor every single day makes him a lesser man ?

Your point is that is arrogant. He can look like that for the common folk/magazines, but he gives alot back into the needing society, and we have alot that here in Portugal.

He helps hundreds of people in Madeira every day with big donations to poor families.

Dont forget that he comes from a poor familly and he had to struggle to be where he is now and still helps alot of poor and needing people everyday.

Dont believe what you see only on TV.  Try to read and inform yourself.
« Last Edit: 22-06-2012, 21:06:33 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 22-06-2012, 22:06:58 »
DEUTSCHLANDDDDDDDD

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 22-06-2012, 22:06:30 »
I thought the penalty was harsh, I don't think the guy planned to hit the ball with his hand, he didn't even look at it.