Author Topic: Powerful Tanks Become Vulnerable in 2.45  (Read 37161 times)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: Powerful Tanks Become Vulnerable in 2.45
« Reply #240 on: 14-10-2012, 18:10:58 »
Afaik you still get points for shooting a bailed tank since the last patch so I'm fine with that... But I don't like the stupid situations where clearly the winner should have been the sneaky bastard who managed to get behind the tank.

Are you sure??? Can somebody confirm this. So if this is true do I getpoints for every empty teamlocked vehicle I kill.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 14-10-2012, 18:10:49 »
I don't think so.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 14-10-2012, 19:10:28 »
You expect tanks to blow up in certain situations, however, that is simply not the case anymore. It has nothing to do with bugs, or angle mod or aiming, it is simply a case of the devs changing it. It only seems "absurd" because you are used to the older damage system, since neither of them were realistic or simulation detailed.

So Sherman 76 surviving Stug shot to the back from 2 meters is something as it should be? M10 surviving Tiger frontal shots in the distance <50 m - really, should it be like that?

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #243 on: 15-10-2012, 09:10:48 »
Had the worst day of my FH life on last Saturday. I never got so frustrated in a game so much before. I lost a Panther vs - Sherman duel (frontally) Sherman 75MM takes out a Panther with 2 frontal shots while I cannot. First shot, Sherman burning, second shot bounces off!  ;D

In another occasion, Tiger gets killed by single hit from Hellcat.(To the front.) While you need at least 2 shots to the bugged hull. Even Shermans need 2 shots from that powerful 88.

I thought maybe I'm having a bad evening so I decided "lets switch to Schreck." But 3 times I shot M4A3 from behind not once it blowed up. Not even burned. I lost my will to play after this.  :-\
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 15-10-2012, 10:10:35 »
At times, I successfully one-shot a Sherman V from distance using Koenigstiger at Goodwood. I killed many good bots in Cromwells and Shermans inside that Koenigstiger. One bugged round from a Firefly only reduced half of my health bar. However, one silly thing I encountered is that my 88 mm round bounced off a M3 Halftrack's sloped frontal aspect. I was finally killed by swarm of bots throwing Satchels at me when I drive inside Cagny with some German bots who sit tight on the hull, and refuse to get out of my tank to fight as infantries.

I can tolerate that situation, I could LARPing in-game, imagining that the ROQF factory that produce the 17 pdr shell that hit me, happens to dish out defective shells. Or the M3 drivers and its occupants were simply lucky, using their 5 years worth of lifetime luck.

But at situation like Erwin's, I couldn't fathom why it isn't considered a bug or an undesirable in-game mechanics.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 15-10-2012, 11:10:13 »
I thought maybe I'm having a bad evening so I decided "lets switch to Schreck." But 3 times I shot M4A3 from behind not once it blowed up. Not even burned. I lost my will to play after this.  :-\

Shot one on the side from ~25 m and it just burned and lobbed a HE shell at me. Stupid...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 15-10-2012, 14:10:52 »

Shot one on the side from ~25 m and it just burned and lobbed a HE shell at me. Stupid...

As Lightning stated in another threat, is this something that devs didn't know about. We discussed it somewhere else and ofcourse it is wierd that a Shreck can still 1s1K a Churchill, but not a Sherman. A good advice for hunting tanks: never ever shot a AT weapon to the rear armor. You have a good chance to just bounce off or hit a little slope so that the damage will get reduced. Always try to engage from the side and aim at the side armor. This way you will win in such a situation in 99% of the times.

About the range modifier and 1S1K: the devs clearly intented to make tank fights last longer. But the current range modifier wich is working linear, if I understoot that right, leads to ridiciolous situations on close and mid range range. Engaging tanks on long range - this is where german tanks should have an advantage - you can stop playing against an average team.

I had a good round on Cobra yesterday while trolling a good amount of enemy tanks with a PIV on the Farmhouse. With such a experience I could say, that the system is cool, but it is not representable for the whole matter. Why? Because the enemy team was a bunch of newbies and only a few of them able to drive a tank. I can't count on that luck of playing against a noobteam, everytime I start FH2.

Maybe going back to the exponential range modifier could be a solution. At the moment tanking feels like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifvsjFEukYE  ;D

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 15-10-2012, 18:10:58 »

So you never use piat, bazooka and rifle grenades ? ( at eppeldorf and cobra )  Have fun.
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 15-10-2012, 20:10:26 »
Yeah, Schreck only had twice the penetration capabilities of the piat. Skirts did the rest.

The current damage system is pure arcade. I just ordered Red Orchestra 2 to have some fun :/.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 15-10-2012, 23:10:21 »
Had the worst day of my FH life on last Saturday. I never got so frustrated in a game so much before. I lost a Panther vs - Sherman duel (frontally) Sherman 75MM takes out a Panther with 2 frontal shots while I cannot. First shot, Sherman burning, second shot bounces off!  ;D

I can one shot Panther's frontally pretty consistantly with the shot trap. Your second shell bouncing off sounds like it shouldn't have happened though.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 16-10-2012, 08:10:59 »
The current damage system is pure arcade. I just ordered Red Orchestra 2 to have some fun :/.
Well you are not going to find tanks getting one shotted there either.  ::)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 16-10-2012, 09:10:57 »
Well you are not going to find tanks getting one shotted there either.  ::)

Actually he will, but not on a consistent base. But there are known weakspots for both the Pz IV and T 34.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 16-10-2012, 10:10:12 »

I forgot to ask ... is that funny point in Valentine , allowed to kill that tank frontally from MG fire , was improved in 2.45 ? Because I have feelings is not  8)
« Last Edit: 16-10-2012, 12:10:53 by Paythoss »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 16-10-2012, 12:10:33 »
That is a way to highlight a wooden box on top of the track wheel spar.

Now in that sense, how Rad's teddy bear (commonly mounted on various American tanks) survive even pistol rounds?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 17-10-2012, 07:10:14 »
With other words you mean "Get used to it!" That´s not really a better answer than "Learn to aim!" or "That feedback isn´t representative!".

I will never get used to the new tanking system, although bailing and not getting a virtual death is funny for me when I cowardly jump out of my tank. From the following pictures, none of the guys outsmarting/outplaying/ambushing my Sherman got a single kill.

You're just describing good game play here. A kill isn't the ultimate goal here, disabling an enemy threat is. The pictures just shows various scenarios of tank v tank or tank v infantry interactions, I have no problems with the game playing out like that.... 3 zooks is OK. We had huge problems in 2.3 and earlier patches with too many and too lethal AT guns running around and lol-shotting tanks all the time. The result was that tanks just camped and spammed HE shells in to the towns and CQ areas, as it was pointless to engage closer. We aren't making that game, we want everyone to feel engaged in the action

Don't lose sight of the overall game play flow when staring too blindly on specific scenarios.
« Last Edit: 17-10-2012, 07:10:45 by Natty »