Author Topic: M1 Carbine  (Read 9912 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
M1 Carbine
« on: 19-03-2012, 03:03:23 »
Been using the Carbine a lot lately, it's the only US weapon (apart from the M1917) I'm not completely useless with. Anyone else a fan of this gun? Got any tips and tricks? So far I've found three-round bursts the most effective way to bring down enemies but someone might know better. I find it pretty lethal in tight quarters but it's hard to hit anyone from miles away.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: M1 Carbine
« Reply #1 on: 19-03-2012, 11:03:23 »
I've grown to like it.

It's reasonably accurate up to surprisingly long range and the ridiculously low recoil allows you to keep your aim on target. A couple of downsides, the bullet drop is noticeable, and the thick sight might make it tricky to aim (completely obscuring your target). But all in all, I hit better with this than with StG44 in semi-auto mode. Actually, I hit better with this than with G43!

Even in CQB, you can blast off and hit with (almost) every shot, unlike SMG's which are used to hose the room full of bullets, leaving you to face the next enemy (which will be inevitably there) with an empty magazine. It takes some time to practice its use in CQB though, so it's not "IWIN" like the Chicago typewriter with a dinner plate.

The other night on PdH, I had a firefight with two rifle-armed Germans at medium range. I wounded the other on the first shot, in subsequent pop-out-of-cover-and-try-to-fire-before-him exchanges they both missed, but I scored one more wound, and was able to eventually disengage safely.

Offline Rabid_Rabbit_RI

• Trogdor strikes in the NIGHT!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-03-2012, 23:03:34 »
When i have that weapon i find unloading it in close quarters is the best way to kill bar none the sights for the American weapons make me feel a sense of tunnel vision. only at a decent range would i use the sights on a M1

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-03-2012, 03:03:56 »
Occasionally a friend of mine comes over to play Forgotten Hope 2, and he has used the M1 Carbine once or twice.  He always ends up shooting entire clips at Germans at like 1 metre and never hitting anything, he fucking hates that gun haha.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-03-2012, 14:03:36 »
Occasionally a friend of mine comes over to play Forgotten Hope 2, and he has used the M1 Carbine once or twice.  He always ends up shooting entire clips at Germans at like 1 metre and never hitting anything, he fucking hates that gun haha.
I also hate that gun, i'd much rather use a pistol.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-03-2012, 15:03:47 »
I enjoy it as SL as well.
It has almost no deviation and you can pop heads at great ranges.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-03-2012, 04:03:52 »
Been using the Carbine a lot lately, it's the only US weapon (apart from the M1917) I'm not completely useless with. Anyone else a fan of this gun? Got any tips and tricks? So far I've found three-round bursts the most effective way to bring down enemies but someone might know better. I find it pretty lethal in tight quarters but it's hard to hit anyone from miles away.
Does the carbine have a burst mode?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-03-2012, 04:03:42 »
No but it shoots as quick as you can pull the trigger and has a weak round, so it has little recoil.

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-03-2012, 05:03:50 »
carbine is quite lethal and extremely accurate at assault rifle range. Ideally two well placed hits (as in aimed, not hurried) will drop a bot no problem. It's all about aim and taking your time, I'm sure a lot of players forget that a bot does not have to collapse in front of you in order to generate a 'kill', a well aimed hit can bleed a bot (player too) -- to death 15 to 30 seconds later without a field dressing. And I'm single player minded as well, I delete all of the field dressings from the map server inits. 

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-03-2012, 10:03:31 »
Bots don't use field dressings anyway....

BTW in 1944 conversion kits existed that made it possible to convert M1 Carbines to full auto mode. There is some evidence that these kits were issued (alongside an increased amount of smgs) to the US "Indianhead" Division, which was refitted as an "assault" division prior to their attack on Brest. So there is some food for thought ;)

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-03-2012, 15:03:06 »
But I imagine that we will never see the auto version of the M1 in FH2..

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-03-2012, 16:03:35 »
The M1 Carbine is a great weapon. Been playing with it a little recently and I find that it usually only takes two shots to center mass to take someone down. Its a bit difficult for me to use at further distances though, twice already I've had to look through binoculars to aim before shooting a stationary target at a est 175m. Since it usually takes two hits, the M1 Garand is better for long range shooting, but the M1 Carbine is great in close quarters.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-03-2012, 19:03:00 »
I will only say: M1 Carbine - the most useless weapon in game...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-03-2012, 22:03:01 »
I will only say: M1 Carbine - the most useless weapon in game...
I would maybe say italian MG is most useless. Carbine is good on second place  ;D

Offline default_player

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-03-2012, 00:03:44 »
But I imagine that we will never see the auto version of the M1 in FH2..

adapting the m1 to fire full auto (any cyclic rof) can be achieved in seconds simply by editing the weapons init as with most weapons.