Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 307567 times)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #6645 on: 14-04-2017, 07:04:06 »
Just got home from my trip to UK. Got to visit Bovington Tank Museum, RAF Museum and Imperial War Museum. Excellent trip.
I also want to go there and also go to Finland to visit the Parola museum and the Artillery one.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: 14-04-2017, 09:04:38 »
Just got home from my trip to UK. Got to visit Bovington Tank Museum, RAF Museum and Imperial War Museum. Excellent trip.

What RAF museum? there is more then 1 in the UK. I assume near Collindale (london)? I went there in 2008, lovely place.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: 14-04-2017, 09:04:29 »
The one in London yes, north from Wembley stadium. So much stuff to see there alone, almost spent the entire day there from opening until closing time.

Spent two days in the tank museum because apparently 1 day (from opening till closing time) wasnt enough.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: 14-04-2017, 19:04:15 »
Air China is stopping their flights to North Korea from monday on. Is this as bad as it looks? I thought the whole North Korea thing was blown out of proportion in just a classy display of power, but now I'm getting more and more concerned.
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: 16-04-2017, 22:04:03 »
Tried to watch Mellissa McCarthy and Alec Baldwin from yesterdays Saturday Night Live Episode.
Sadly, in the year 2017 this is not possible, even though there are dozerns of revenue models available for digital content. The complete content is being blocked and geoblocked.

I don't get this. Why can't they unlock this stuff and make a buck from the views they get abroad via Youtube?

I mean, we're living in a small world, where everything is connected with everything. The american president, for example, got an impact on my life, probably more than my own national chancellor. But nope, lets just block all media content and chop it into national bubbles, so each nation lives in their bubble without getting to see the other bubbles. Actually there aren't enough bubbles already, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp. We could need a lot of more bubbles and echo chambers that simply reflect our opinions about the others, giving the impression that actually our opinion is the opinion of everybody else on this planet.
That will definetely help making this planet a better place, especially when some major bubbles collide with each other, causing a major outburst of hatred and everything that follows after.

So we got an american press that cries out about the american president, about his unlawfulness, how he ruins everything the USA have been standing for. But instead of spreading the word, instead of pinpointing the errors and giving an example what is going wrong in the american presidency, instead of spreading the word of free speech and discourse, instead of teaching the others the ropes of free spech and democracy, all you get is a geoblock.

Wake me up when the bubbles collided and World War Three is on the brink.

/rant

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: 17-04-2017, 13:04:33 »
Same rant here. I call such geographically-limited content distribution policy as "cyber ghettoisation". They think it is for our own good, for so many people here are so homophobic, sexist, and generally backward-minded, it is a policy to prevent cultural offense. But, they are just asking for piracy. Now, you rant because of a liberal-leaning sitcom content being blocked in Germany? The Russian gas is more important for you, otherwise you'll be thrown back to stone age. Big deal.

How about BBC's trying to shove American-copyrighted shit on your throat, instead of the complete full British version, which broke none of our laws? All in all, the Brits are snobs and snots, all shouty about Brexit and independence, but still largely America's sassiest bitch. Being Anglophile is being focking ironic in this situation. Can't sail the wave they ruled without bowing down to American laws.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: 21-05-2017, 02:05:09 »

The effects of globalisation explained in one picture.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: 08-06-2017, 20:06:18 »

The effects of globalisation explained in one picture.
*Eurobeat intensifies*

I was wondering, are there a lot of interesting WWII places to visit in Norway, other than Telemark?
(e.g. is the Tirpitz fjord worth visiting, or some interesting pieces of Atlantik wall, ...)
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: 10-06-2017, 09:06:34 »
For Fucks sake, my government just made it illegal to have an empty magazine from a weapon without a specific licence for said weapon. What the hell?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: 10-06-2017, 09:06:09 »
Welcome to europe.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: 10-06-2017, 09:06:37 »
So, if you have a legally deactivated weapon with paperwork then you can't not put a magazine in it anymore, you have to give it to police for destruction, because that part is now illegal to own without owning a working weapon + licence for it. Fuck logic.
All because a terrorist that blew himself up in the metro last year in the Brussels terror attacks bought 31 AK-47 magazines in a gunshop.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: 10-06-2017, 09:06:58 »
Yup, perfect logic. And when that shit happens again, then they'll take away our knifes and forks, I guess. In the end they dont have anything more they can take away from citizens, and thus terrorism wins. When shit hits the fan again, they'll be clueless how in the fuck can this happen because they've taken everything feasible away from us, but the terrorists still attack us. But how?!?!?!?!?!?11+

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: 11-06-2017, 03:06:18 »
So, if you have a legally deactivated weapon with paperwork then you can't not put a magazine in it anymore, you have to give it to police for destruction, because that part is now illegal to own without owning a working weapon + licence for it. Fuck logic.
All because a terrorist that blew himself up in the metro last year in the Brussels terror attacks bought 31 AK-47 magazines in a gunshop.

How strongly is this actually enforced? Are you really going to have to turn in empty magazines or can you just ignore it? That sucks man.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: 11-06-2017, 08:06:46 »
Not all the details are out, but we know for sure already that they want to make it equal as pistol and rifle ammunition, you can not buy it if you don't have a licenced weapon that need said cartridge/magazine.
Probably they will also make it illegal to own (just like ammunition) if you no longer have a licenced weapon that shoots it.
In Belgium any violation of the gun law can get you permanently banned of ever owning a weapon.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: 11-06-2017, 12:06:59 »
unless that magazine is deactivated and do not work anymore. I think that law makes sense as any functional weapon or part might be used by some one sooner or later.
In my opinion All functional weapons or parts should be locked and secured far away from public. Even pros should not be allowed to have weapons at home