Author Topic: Day Z (Survival Zombie Simulator)  (Read 16540 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z (Survival Zombie Simulator)
« Reply #15 on: 17-05-2012, 21:05:01 »
This author (http://www.youtube.com/user/PsiSyndicate) plays this mod. Been watching the playlists through today and I gotta say the mod seems very interesting. :)

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-05-2012, 23:05:41 »
For some reason I actually enjoy watching more than playing with this mod, thanks for the link. :)

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-05-2012, 11:05:38 »
This author (http://www.youtube.com/user/PsiSyndicate) plays this mod. Been watching the playlists through today and I gotta say the mod seems very interesting. :)

I came across this channel... the voice of the guy mixed with his accent made me want to punch him really really hard, to a point where there would be a dark hole where his face used to be :P
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-05-2012, 11:05:35 »
Voice is annoying indeed, but I dun care. Thanks for the link Flippy, I enjoy watching this =D

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #19 on: 18-05-2012, 15:05:19 »
I´m just logged out ontop of the cityhall in the capital city (dunno the name). I gathered up some nice equipment with a 18slot backpack, a remington, a sniper (no ammo yet) a some supplies. Also carrying around a lot of assault rifle ammunition, binocs, barbed wire, clock, compass and other little goodies and below me there is a tent (don´t have anymore space sadly). Will give a nightsession a try when I log in next. Anyone found nightvisions?
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-05-2012, 15:05:32 »
Anyone found nightvisions?

Apart from 0,11% chance from military loot, it can be found more often from heli crash. Unfortunately helicrashes are still bugged so that you won't probably never find any loot in them  :(. Nightvision would be so good  ;D.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-05-2012, 19:05:07 »

I came across this channel... the voice of the guy mixed with his accent made me want to punch him really really hard, to a point where there would be a dark hole where his face used to be :P

Okay, I got to revoke what I said about the guy in the video. He is fuckin annoying and I want to punch is face as well :D Not because of the way he talks, more because of behaving stupid and like an idiot playing with obviously more experienced players

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18-05-2012, 20:05:56 »
I watched a few DayZ videos of another guy yesterday.
They play as a group, but more often they loose people than finding any loot.
Very enjoyable indeed to see them go into panic mode so often
"OMG RUUUUUNNN !!!"   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #23 on: 18-05-2012, 20:05:37 »
Allways love people shooting around. They give aways their position and distract all the zombies.

Allready raided Cherno and Electro while killing 5 zombies only. Jsut missing a map now
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-05-2012, 22:05:42 »
I watched a few DayZ videos of another guy yesterday.
They play as a group, but more often they loose people than finding any loot.
Very enjoyable indeed to see them go into panic mode so often
"OMG RUUUUUNNN !!!"   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

I just LOVED that series! I read theres going to be part seven "soonish" so hopefully its not that far off. I absolutely just loved watching that stuff, it was very exciting. It didnt make me want to play the game thought because I dont have Arrowhead. I should perhaps install ArmA 2 again and actually learn how to play it because the few times I played it, I thought it was complicated enough for me to not give it another try.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-05-2012, 01:05:27 »
I agree. This is totally awesome :D I always love when there is not that kind of pseudo serious business stuff but tons of fun and communication involved, really good entertainement !

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22-05-2012, 00:05:16 »
Reinstalled ArmA2 today and Im gonna give it a few hours to learn basics of it. Then depending I get the hang of the game, I might go for Arrowhead and get DayZ mod. I originally bought ArmA 2 because it was in Steam sale, and I played it for 94 minutes in total... so... I got some learning to do because last time I saw, it felt a tad complicated.

EDIT #1:

After spending some time configurating my controls and learning some of the keys, I had couple of run-arounds in ArmA2 to learn some of the very basic things. Now I've bought myself Arrowhead and got it installed, will do a run-around in it too. DayZ files are ready but not yet installed. I'll get to that later today most likely and give the mod a try. Im going to watch a lot of tutorial videos and such before thought.
« Last Edit: 22-05-2012, 15:05:19 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22-05-2012, 16:05:51 »
DayZ files are ready but not yet installed. I'll get to that later today most likely and give the mod a try. Im going to watch a lot of tutorial videos and such before thought.

Don't wait too long. It will be bitch to start in pitch black darkness.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22-05-2012, 16:05:05 »
Can choose a server on the other side of the world.

Argh what a pain in the neck. The stupid things wont share settings and configurations  with each other. Now I need to go through Arrowhead's controls too, what a load of donkey kong.

EDIT: Cleverly copy&pasted the controls from Arma2 profile to OA's profile.
« Last Edit: 22-05-2012, 16:05:23 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22-05-2012, 17:05:55 »
Aight, had my first very brief test that the mod works and it does. However, before I start my feeble attempts at surviving, I'd like to know the voice communication system of Arma. How does it exactly work?

I've configurated bunch of keys for specific channels. Will I have to use next and previous channel keys to move to that channel first before I use the correct push-to-talk key? Or if I push the specific channel push-to-talk key, will it automatically move me into it?

I dont dare to test these out ingame because of how I've read people will freak out if you speak in wrong chats.  :P