Author Topic: US Population  (Read 872 times)

Offline Devout_Crusader

• View Profile
US Population
« on: 25-05-2013, 00:05:22 »
Hey guys,

Haven't been around for a long time, probably haven't played the mod in at least a year and a half or so.  Is the US population any better than before?  I know a lot of friends I had quit due to lack of US servers/pop and the ungodly lag that occurred once ~44 people were in a server. 

How's the life of this mod these days?  Is there at least a server or two in the US that are active every night?
Don't run, you'll only die tired...

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: US Population
« Reply #1 on: 25-05-2013, 00:05:04 »
There is only one active european server left :( sorry

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-05-2013, 01:05:47 »
Are we gonna get more people to the servers after eastern front?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-05-2013, 01:05:31 »
WaW server, best North American server out there, and my personal favorite even though its half a world away. I just left but I'll be back soon as someone else shows up, which should be an hour. Expecting at least 15 or so in two hours.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-05-2013, 02:05:19 »
WAW is still going.  Thursdays and Fridays are the best days.  But heck one Monday we had about 30 people on, it just depends on the day and the mood of the people.  I have a feeling it will pick up with the next release, its slowing down now due to the constant repeat of the same maps.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-05-2013, 02:05:59 »
The dreaded !setnext 0. I've actually memorized the 10 maps after that...

Edit: What a fucking coincidence, just joined up again and its Keren 16! Anyway, only 20 players left on 762 so it should start real soon.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2013, 02:05:55 by Korsakov829 »

Offline Devout_Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-05-2013, 21:05:00 »
Well that's disappointing.  Is 0.7 still running with anything?  I've been having an itch for a good WW2 shooter lately.  I've been playing Heroes & Generals, but it still needs a ton of work.  RO2 was a huge disappointment, so I'm hesitant with their new iteration Rising Storm. 
Don't run, you'll only die tired...

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-05-2013, 00:05:24 »
Pixelfighter stills runs an FH1 server - they've got a bunch of great custom map packs they run on Tuesday and Saturday.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #8 on: 20-06-2013, 06:06:48 »
Well that's disappointing.
What’s disappointing? Come play Thursday night in Americas with us. The problem is people complaining and not showing up. If everyone who claimed they wanted to play would actually show up once a week, we would have a full server every week. I repeat: Thursday night in Americas.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-06-2013, 23:06:45 »
Well that's disappointing.
What’s disappointing? Come play Thursday night in Americas with us. The problem is people complaining and not showing up. If everyone who claimed they wanted to play would actually show up once a week, we would have a full server every week. I repeat: Thursday night in Americas.

Right on theUg! Be a part of the US FH2 server pop rather than bemoaning the lack of same. This means getting on the WaW #1 server on Thursday nights(such as...TONIGHT!). You can try Fridays if Thursday is completely undoable for you, although of late Fridays on WaW have been pretty dead. I think it has to do with when WaW has there Saturday afternoon FH2 tournament going on. When its going on then any one signed up in it is going to get their fill of FH2 on Saturday so they, as a general rule, don't bother playing Friday night too. But Thursdays don't seem as heavily affected by this so that tends to be the night with the best crowd.