Author Topic: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]  (Read 58009 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]
« Reply #90 on: 02-02-2019, 21:02:58 »
Volkssturm, did you consider to work for FH2 as singleplay/ coop developer? Im not betatester nor dev, but I see you are comited to singleplayer developing with both maps and vehliches, so why not? You can continue working on CMP and especially FH2 as both could benefit from singleplayer developer  ;)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 02-02-2019, 22:02:23 »
I am working on it along with the CMP maps. I'll be releasing an Iwo Jima Coop teaser video later tonight too.

Also I have the luftfaust & ISU-152 prepared for AI use as well.

Lol that sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03-02-2019, 15:02:25 »
Volkssturm, did you consider to work for FH2 as singleplay/ coop developer? Im not betatester nor dev, but I see you are comited to singleplayer developing with both maps and vehliches, so why not? You can continue working on CMP and especially FH2 as both could benefit from singleplayer developer  ;)

+1

FH2 official singleplayer needs a lot of love and attention these days!  :)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03-02-2019, 17:02:42 »
Cool stuff with the Cmp maps. Are you on discord? I would like to have a chat about this

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 25-02-2019, 00:02:35 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:32 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 25-02-2019, 12:02:30 »
That was a nice read VolkssturmGewehr. I really respect how you strive for historical accuracy and am looking forward to Iwo Jima. Also I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems. I too have had surgery before so I have my thumbs crossed for you so it goes smoothly.

Offline Shahryar

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 19-05-2019, 03:05:56 »
Hello.
my game crashes as loading the sammatus64 map. :'(
Please help.
i attached the error screenshot.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #97 on: 22-06-2019, 12:06:16 »

Ah yes well I've definitely thought a lot about it & would like to be a dev so to contribute at least what I can however personally I feel my skillset isn't quite up to par with some of the other developers. There are a lot of things I don't have a full grasp on yet, and I'm still always learning. Though I've been invited to join the CMP Discord which I will do, and perhaps I can figure out the handful of things which currently puzzle me.

I mean I can create navmeshes for AI, map, code the mapdata.py for co-op, create kits, code vehicles & weapons for AI use, so on and so forth. This being generally easy as some of the AI coding which already exists in FH2 can be used. Troop transport trucks for instance. The Japanese Type 94 truck I simply used the existing Bedford AI templates. It's just a matter of editing the specific .con file & adding the line(s) for the AI template. However certain things like large bomber aircraft w/multiple gunner seats I custom code myself since there aren't really any existing heavy aircraft in FH2 except the Ju-52. Also planes like the Zero, Me-262, Bf-110, P-38, etc...all have their own specific handling characteristics which factor into the Objects.ai. The last thing I want to do is make it sound like I'm "egotistical" I guess or take credit for someone else's work. With the version of CMP Minimod I've been working with, probably 90% of the weapons, armaments, and vehicles were not AI ready. For some of the objects it's as simple as adding lines in the (object).con file linking it existing FH2 AI templates. For many others however I had to create new Objects.ai & Weapons.ai files to make them AI capable. All of that is pretty simple though.
The more complicated part is navmeshing then playing the map over & over taking note of the bot's behavior/seeing if they get trapped anywhere, then making a variety of tweaks to get the bots to perform optimally on the map. It doesn't help that my laptop is an old junk Celeron which barely runs FH2 and takes a LONG time to generate a navmesh. Been trying to save for a decent pre-owned laptop but, medical issues consume all of my income.

As for Iwo Jima co-op, for the 64p I am currently working on an amphibious assault by the allies. When after taking the beach position, new tanks & other vehicles will spawn there. Also I believe the bots should be able to fly air support from the carrier. They'll have an F4U Corsair, F4F Wildcat, and a B-25 Mitchell. Air support will be vital for the allies to take Iwo Jima. The landing craft will include a variety of LVT's and so forth, then once a beachhead is established they'll get the Pacific M3A1 Stuart, trucks, and so on.

The stock CMP version of the map gives the Japanese a carrier, my co-op version omits this because it is not historically accurate. The Japanese will have minimal air support provided from Motoyama Airfield, that is until if/when it is captured by the allies. The Japanese however will have Type 96 25mm AA guns, Type 88 75mm guns, Type 1 47mm AT guns, various Type 92 Nambu's. They'll have a couple tanks too probably a Type 97 Chi-Ha, Type 95 Ha-Go, & Type 1 Ho-Ki armored carrier. Plus a couple trucks & a kurogane.

Generally I find co-op maps best played with bot ratios which are historically accurate, and my custom maps are balanced as such. On Iwo Jima for instance, the Japanese were outnumbered some 5 to 1 by the Americans. In FH2 however it isn't necessary to set the ratio to such extreme unless you wish to be steamrolled in minutes.

As stated earlier, I intended to have a little preview/teaser type video of Co-op CMP Iwo Jima released by now, however two weeks ago I had to go in for a surgery. Originally my scheduled date was not until March, but I had an emergency thus couldn't wait. I've been slowly, painfully, recovering. The pain had been so bad that when I tried to continue my work on Co-op I simply couldn't focus on it & often couldn't even remember how to do the simplest things. The pain has began to subside now, and I am resuming work.

Wow. Thanks for all that. I looked into navmeshing these maps myself at one point and it can be off putting realising that all the vehicles need setting up as well. But their is a gold mine of cool looking maps produced by CMP and Forgotten Honor.

Also thanks to Darman for the updated maps, what a life saver !

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 23-05-2020, 20:05:24 »
hi all. i fixed IL_2 plane crash problems in Seelow heights for eastern coop map pack.

link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p4ih1ozb8w7nx6/il2_fix.7z/file

Offline MorganH.

• 'We shall never surrender'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 20-11-2020, 17:11:21 »
Sorry, wrong topic.
« Last Edit: 21-11-2020, 10:11:37 by MorganH. »
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"