Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18641 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #165 on: 14-11-2012, 05:11:49 »
Today as the 128 server was winding down I was having great fun tank hunting on Luttich with the Greyhound. Me and Katakulli in the Puma killed each other several times. One time I spawned and someone else had the M8 so I grabbed the Stuart and set off intending to shotgun some krauts with the Canister Shot ammo. On the road to Farm I managed to kill a guy who had just bailed the Foot Stuka, when I saw hpfsroadrunner lying on the ground with a scoped G43.

Remembering earlier in the round when he had been surprised to find one on the map, and considering how far he was from the main and that sniper rifles are hard to get at the best of times, I looked at him in my gun sights for five seconds or so as he looked at me, and then I just spammed CHARGE! and drove past him. There was only about 12 players left on either side and the round was basically over. I thought it would be a nice thing to do, because at that point who gives a shit.

Apparently my squad did, since I had three of them yelling at me on mic for not killing him, and my good deed went completely unacknowledged by roadrunner or any other Axis players as far as I could see :D. So I told him next time I catch him "sniping" in the middle of the road, I'd turn him into cat food. Then the Panther found me..
« Last Edit: 14-11-2012, 05:11:54 by Andrew »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 15-11-2012, 09:11:13 »
No good deed goes unpunished ...

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 15-11-2012, 22:11:11 »
Fell off my liberty ship in FH1 and got chewed up by a sea plane.

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 20-11-2012, 18:11:38 »
New epic fail: for nearly a year I have been mildly annoyed that there is no *click* and little motion for the Beretta like other SMGs when you switch them to single shot. I like that on other guns because I can keep track mentally of which one I'm on, rather than looking at the bottom right of the screen. "Why don't they just fix that, it can't be that hard?" I thought to myself, time and time again when trying to snipe an enemy and unloading ten bullets of LOOK AT ME HERE I AM, or else preparing to blast an enemy squad and finding my gun lacking the ability to make more than one pew at a time.

The answer, of course, is that the Beretta doesn't have a switch. It has two triggers.

I already knew this before playing FH2, and yet somehow it never clicked in my head and only occurred to me when playing Giarabub yesterday. Switching from single to auto on the Beretta no longer feels awkward.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 26-12-2012, 14:12:44 »
St. Vith: run back and forth from ammo box to the road, laying 5 mines, 1 at a time since the kit only has one. Place the flags, and retire to a safe distance. Watch as a Panzer IV nears the first mine..

"Punkbuster error 9014 losing key packets".

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 14-03-2013, 03:03:00 »
This just happened 5 minutes ago.
No one else on the server, in the middle of the desert (Alam Halfa 64), don't feel like doing all the walking myself but there are no vehicles around. So, hold forwards key, press key to chat (starts autowalking), alt-tab out for 10 minutes... and I've walked off the map.