Author Topic: The thing with the Northafrican maps...  (Read 2891 times)

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
The thing with the Northafrican maps...
« on: 02-02-2016, 15:02:57 »
As much as I see it was not asked before, but why aren't the Italians at every African map?

Wikipedia says that they fought to the last against the Commonwealth forces with the Germans, till the battle of Tunis.
In Tunis, we have Germans and Italians fighting in one team. but, for example, at El Alamein not. I think most maps would be better with Italian tanks, but on some maps they aren't there. You could do it as in Tunis, that there are kits for Italians and Germans.

it is only a suggestion, but I wondered why it is like it is on those maps.
Plus I have no clue what sources you use, maybe wikipedia is false in this.
Or are they easily to bad for the later maps? (1942/43)
« Last Edit: 02-02-2016, 15:02:47 by SadCamelion »
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: The thing with the Northafrican maps...
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2016, 16:02:34 »
Wikipedia is of course, correct (it generally is), but the reasons for not having both armies at stuff like Gazala or El Alamein are more due to choices by the map designers.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2016, 16:02:31 »
Okay, thanks for the fast answer:)

I like the italian tanks and want them on more maps^^

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-02-2016, 19:02:20 »
On El Alamein, they limited Italians to such things as airplanes (Where there are both fighter-bomber and fighter) as well AA.

On Gazala, I believe you do get both armies. There's definitely the Italian  tank destroyer and at least the medium Italian tank, but not the light one.

It may have been for balancing reasons as it would have been defenseless against the Grant. Panzer II at least has special ammo a keen tanker can use to knock out a Grant with from the side.

The one map where Italians are lacking would be Fall of Tobruk. Otherwise, I seem to see Italian tanks alongside Germans in every other map besides the battle of El Alamein maps i.e. Alam Halfa and El Alamein proper.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-02-2016, 20:02:02 »
On El Alamein, they limited Italians to such things as airplanes (Where there are both fighter-bomber and fighter) as well AA.

On Gazala, I believe you do get both armies. There's definitely the Italian  tank destroyer and at least the medium Italian tank, but not the light one.

It may have been for balancing reasons as it would have been defenseless against the Grant. Panzer II at least has special ammo a keen tanker can use to knock out a Grant with from the side.

The one map where Italians are lacking would be Fall of Tobruk. Otherwise, I seem to see Italian tanks alongside Germans in every other map besides the battle of El Alamein maps i.e. Alam Halfa and El Alamein proper.

Gazala is one of the best maps in FH2 in my opinion. But why italian tanks and no italian soldiers?
shouldn't there be italians who drive them? I have never seen any of them on Gazala
the l6/40 would be defenseless, yes.
With the M13/40 you can shoot the sides of the Grants, though  ;)
same with the semovente

« Last Edit: 03-02-2016, 20:02:35 by SadCamelion »

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-02-2016, 21:02:10 »
According to this thread: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20328.0
Gazala and El Alamein should recieve the Semovente 75/18 in an next update.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-02-2016, 22:02:09 »
What about Sm.79 to some Africa maps? I know its medium bomber,but it was used in North Africa as direct bomber,not strategic.It could have 3 places-driver and two mashine gunners. And this way we could have some other bomber and not only Stuka. (suggestion)

« Last Edit: 03-02-2016, 22:02:43 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-02-2016, 20:02:00 »

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-02-2016, 18:02:09 »
What about Sm.79 to some Africa maps? I know its medium bomber,but it was used in North Africa as direct bomber,not strategic.It could have 3 places-driver and two mashine gunners. And this way we could have some other bomber and not only Stuka. (suggestion)

I think these are the only two planes they made for Italy
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_vehicles.php?country=10&type=2

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever actually seen them in a map... are they just sitting in the hanger, not being used?  I've always wanted to have an air-only map in FH2 (there are lots in FH1 from the Pacific theatre to Battle of Britain, and they're lots of fun), maybe an Italian vs British air map could work?

Did the British put up much aerial resistance during Malta, or was it mostly AA and navy?  That could be a fun way to get the Italian planes made back in the fight, get an air map into FH2 and get a chance to resuse some of those nice statics from the African campaign!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-02-2016, 19:02:39 »
you can use them on El Alamein  ::)

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-02-2016, 19:02:22 »

Most vehicles/weapons in FH2 have a little globe next to them on the website that when clicked indicate which maps the vehicle is on.  I didn't see the globe next to these planes so I assumed they weren't being used.  Don't play El Alamein much but I'll have to search them out!

...That said, I still think an all-plane map would be cool  :)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-02-2016, 22:02:09 »
Italian airplanes are on El alamein and Siege of Tobruk,and it can atleast be used on el alamein

About plane: This plane was most produced Italian bomber AFAIK. There wasnt much italian airplanes in Eastern front and battle of britain (if any),so they were used at two things: Bombing Malta and it convoys Italy campaign and in North Africa. So yes,they were used as they were light and didnt dig in sand as other airplanes.They attacked non-strategic goals and had much losses. That means that they can yet be inclouded at Alam Halfa and Siege of Tobruk,and of course CMP.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13-02-2016, 23:02:50 »
...That said, I still think an all-plane map would be cool  :)

To quote a good buddy: if the planetary constellations allow it, there is a good chance of some airplane focused combat in the future of Forgotten Hope 2. So pray to the FH2 gods  :P

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-02-2016, 15:02:32 »
I know that currently the devs put all work into the eastern front, but...

are you completely done with the africa campaign?

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26-02-2016, 16:02:17 »
I'd hope for a few more Mediterranean ones, at the very least.  Liberation of Corsica: Italians + Free French versus Germans  ;D ?