Author Topic: Supremacy 1914  (Read 42633 times)

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Supremacy 1914
« Reply #210 on: 28-04-2010, 23:04:58 »
Also like that idea.
FH dudes versus other dudes!!!  8)

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 28-04-2010, 23:04:44 »
We don't actually have to wait that long you know, we can just start a second game, its not like its that time consuming at the moment (don't know if it gets more complicated in the future tough, but i doubt it)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 29-04-2010, 03:04:49 »
We don't actually have to wait that long you know, we can just start a second game, its not like its that time consuming at the moment (don't know if it gets more complicated in the future tough, but i doubt it)

Eventually you might want to start micro-managing your Artillery, Railguns and Battleships to bombard the enemy at the right times, but even then it seems like its more setting the plans in motion and watching them play out than constantly clicking and changing stuff.

I'm all for making a 30 player game.  Maybe do a quick poll here to see if anyone wants to play, and depending on if we get enough people then we can decide if we want to make it public or private and whether or not we want to team up as the Forgotten Hope Alliance and bash people or if we want to see how the politics play out naturally.

For the record, the 30 player map includes at least parts of North America and more of the Middle East and Africa.

By the way, it seems like everyone has or is building a harbor right now.  Some of those placements are odd (Cagliari, Sevastopol).  You do know that you can hover the province's city and a little thing pops up that you can build from, right?  If your province has multiple places suitable for a harbor, more than one harbor option will pop up in that menu and an arrow will point to each place as you mouse over the options.  If you build straight from the province window (that shows the graphical representation of the the city), I'm not sure that you can choose which place you will build your harbor.  The placement in Cagliari is especially very odd in that it seems almost useless where it is, where it might have been better on a different water access point...
« Last Edit: 29-04-2010, 04:04:02 by Ionizer »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 29-04-2010, 03:04:14 »
I'm not interested in a game where it's all just senseless war, that's no fun.

(And why I am opposed to Spain in this match.)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 29-04-2010, 03:04:50 »

Funny, you invaded Denmark when me and Tedacious did. I invaded Poland, Romania, and Denmark. All successful. Long live the Meridian Pact!

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 29-04-2010, 04:04:19 »

Funny, you invaded Denmark when me and Tedacious did. I invaded Poland, Romania, and Denmark. All successful. Long live the Meridian Pact!

I'm fairly sure AI countries don't count.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #216 on: 29-04-2010, 08:04:53 »

Eventually you might want to start micro-managing your Artillery, Railguns and Battleships to bombard the enemy at the right times, but even then it seems like its more setting the plans in motion and watching them play out than constantly clicking and changing stuff.

I'm all for making a 30 player game.  Maybe do a quick poll here to see if anyone wants to play, and depending on if we get enough people then we can decide if we want to make it public or private and whether or not we want to team up as the Forgotten Hope Alliance and bash people or if we want to see how the politics play out naturally.

For the record, the 30 player map includes at least parts of North America and more of the Middle East and Africa.

By the way, it seems like everyone has or is building a harbor right now.  Some of those placements are odd (Cagliari, Sevastopol).  You do know that you can hover the province's city and a little thing pops up that you can build from, right?  If your province has multiple places suitable for a harbor, more than one harbor option will pop up in that menu and an arrow will point to each place as you mouse over the options.  If you build straight from the province window (that shows the graphical representation of the the city), I'm not sure that you can choose which place you will build your harbor.  The placement in Cagliari is especially very odd in that it seems almost useless where it is, where it might have been better on a different water access point...

Cagliari is not odd at all, it's a fucking island, what is an island without a harbour?!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 29-04-2010, 09:04:06 »
Yes, but why place it right next to the other island when you could have placed it facing your main enemy: Spain?  It just seemed odd to me.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 29-04-2010, 09:04:35 »
I would like to end this game before starting new. And 30 player game would be nice, but not if it is puplic game. Random games are bit boring (i'm playing one along wiht fh2 game), as no one uses Daily European and there are no diplomatics. It's just huge deathmatch.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 29-04-2010, 09:04:54 »
I don't mind starting a 30 person game, just let me know when you make the server. I thing an FH vs ALL scenario would be nice. I am currently playing a 30 person game and i am already the top player. I started as southern united states and am almost at the border of Canada now, central states are mine and soon the northern will be to.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 29-04-2010, 09:04:03 »
I would like to end this game before starting new. And 30 player game would be nice, but not if it is puplic game. Random games are bit boring (i'm playing one along wiht fh2 game), as no one uses Daily European and there are no diplomatics. It's just huge deathmatch.
I do agree, I want to play this one through to the end before starting a new game. So that full focus is on this one.

Perhaps we could make a role-playing server and get some other people to join, who wants to role play
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 29-04-2010, 10:04:22 »
I do agree, I want to play this one through to the end before starting a new game. So that full focus is on this one.

Perhaps we could make a role-playing server and get some other people to join, who wants to role play
Yes, first try to find as many players from this forum as possible and then fill the rest slots with roleplayers from supremacy forum.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #222 on: 29-04-2010, 10:04:51 »
Yes, but why place it right next to the other island when you could have placed it facing your main enemy: Spain?  It just seemed odd to me.

I did not pick the location of that harbour, I just pressed build harbour on the southern part of the island but it shows up north.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 29-04-2010, 12:04:22 »
Role-playing is great and the best part of this game. I had so much fun reading the Daily European (especially the articles about how stupid certain nations are :D) and how suddenly we had random Alliances popping up.
A 30 player game would be best with people of this community since they know how important roleplaying is, but I fear we don´t have enough folks for a 30 player game...
But I´m definately up for one if we ever create one. Especially since I have lots of time to spend on the computer ^^
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 29-04-2010, 13:04:49 »
I wish britain (siben!) to be more active, i mean like writing in the DE. haven't seen a single article by you
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso